Buying online outside of the US

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Buying online outside of the US

Well, i need a little help on this one.

Finally saved some bucks and looking to buy a wacom tablet, and i have to use the internet, (is the only way since retail here sell them at 3 times more the actual price and you only find crappy tablet brands/models if any.)

I have looked around amazon and ebay express but i cant find anyone who ships outside of the US.

Does anyone know of a reliable place that sell this items and ships outside of the US? and maybe even get some good deals at the same time. I have never bought anything trough the net so i dont know squat .
    Tablets are not the only thing with the same cost issue here ion the third world,so it would be good to know similar info for general shopping as well, maybe for future buys.

And in the same note, does anyone have experience with the intuos? how about the 6X8 size? specially when it comes to illustration purposes,, it looks good to get the job done, and seems to fit within my piggy savings from the few offers i checked out ,but i dont know much about tablets, some general opinions about it would be good to hear.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Intuos 6x8 is pretty much the industry standard, so you'll be fine.
    Here's Wacom's list of Latin American resellers: http://www.wacom.com/wheretobuy/LatinAmerica.cfm

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Elwell.
    Seems to be the same issue, not shipping outside of their country, and Venezuela is not included. Only brazil, chile, mexico and argentina.

Is a bitch to buy stuff here :/. Stores dont sell them cause theres little market and no one wants/can pay for the price them weasels pull out of their asses, ive have asked, at some places they dont even know what a digital tablet is.

In the local internet sale pages i found a couple of models, some random models, not wacom, and they cost at least twice as the intuos3( taking in count the price of dollar). And they are offers from random dudes in another state, getting ripped off is very likely to happen.

Buying it trough the internet overseas allows me to get it in the original price plus, i would have a lower dollar fee, dollars are regulated in my country and the unnoficial price is a LOT more.
    This is what i was told to do more than once by clerks and a couple of friends, they bought it while in the us and brought them with them.

Edit* : i actually just found the intuos3 6x8 in my country, would someone pay 1000 dollars for it? (2140 of our new coin "fuerte") :/ my country is full of thieves, i saw that around 300 bucks in international sites, buying it like that would cost me around 700 fuertes http://stpcomputacion.com/tienda/pro...663e1ce13c4ebf

Last edited by Renegade89; February 2nd, 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I bought mine (Intuos3 6X8 ) from this seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/srinisesh

It arrived quickly and cost me more than 100 euros less than it wold have cost me here in The Netherlands. Look around on Ebay.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NemesisOnline For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I could buy one locally and ship it to you if you like. Of course you would have to pay US retail and shipping. It's an option.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That could be an option.

I need to talk to one of my relatives tonight, i heard earlier today that a cousin of mine went to NY to do some work,and i didnt know, if so i might be able to contact her so she can buy me one and pay her when she comes back, would be good since to get the dollars i need i have to fill some new requisites they are asking and maybe even wait some time for the bank to approve since is regulated.

Thanks for offering, if i need to do it that way i let you know

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.