Ringling (Repost)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ringling (Repost)

Originally posted by jmascho:
    I know a few of you that setup this place are from RSAD. Simply put, how did you like it? I start there in August, as long as loans go through. Good/Bad experiences? Stuff I should do when I get there?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Jason Manley:
    hey...

rsad is a decent place to study....but dont go expecting to be spoon fed information....you really have to dig up what you want to learn on your own. most of the answers you seek can be found there in regards to art...but you have to know which teachers are good at what in order to get the best information. (i.e. some teachers are very good at business but may suck at painting the figure or their knowledge of color theory etc..). A few of the teachers are very very good...some did not impress me at all.

ringlings strength lies in its proximity to the museum there....and in the fact that Sarasota promotes the arts and very much appreciates the art students there. You will have respect from the local residents in many ways just from attending their "respected art school". I found it very easy to get freelance work there because of this. but you have to earn everything there yourself...which can be frusterating.

four of us on this site went to ringling....Id hope that says something...but the four of us here also have a certain self motivation that the majority of the students did not care to listen to. if you want it ...you can do it...if not...dont expect the degree to get you the job.

the other boys will have their own input Im sure.

RSAD career services dept kicks butt...the best of all the schools I deal with...very user friendly...unlike art center or calarts.

j

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.