New here, need critz to imrpove >.<

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

New here, need critz to imrpove >.<

Hey...I'm new at CA, I've been watching the forums for the last weeks, and I'm really amazed by the quality of the artist around here, so, I'd like have some critz of my work, cuz I really want to improve, but I dont know where to start.

The works here are fanarts -.-, but anyways, I'll be posting some original characters soon, please guys be honest and rude if you want, I just want to improve so badly, so here's thre of my latest drawings, thanks for your patience.

Btw, I need some help on attaching images, I dunno whats the right size I should do it so it show up <_<...any help on that?

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Welcome to CA! You will find it very cozy here.

You have a lot of good stuff going on here. You have a nice grasp of the essential skills needed, but your right you need to go to the next level. Your figures look okay, my main gripe is your line quality. They all have the same single thickness black line all around the first two images and its really not contributing them to their environment they look like they have been pasted in and it gives them a pixelated and less painterly look.each of the images have a really strong quality.

Your first has a nice mastery of color and light on the figure, but that line work is so pixeled and flat that it seems to not really read well.

Your second the line isn't really an issue because there is no real environment. I think your rendering and coloring technique is strongest here, but the proportions and pose just seems awkward to me. His extended leg is way to long in comparison to his other. The hands also look a bit small, perhaps its the armor, but I am just going to say it for the benefit of a reminder to watch the little things. Also, but very minor, if the little glowing objects are letting out light, it needs to be reflected everywhere, including the skin. I think skin is one of the harder things to paint because not only do you have the normal flat tone, you also have shadows, light color, blood, etc etc. I still have problems. Measurement and photo reference could help the best in these situations.

The last is your strongest piece i think. the lien isn't as noticeable and all the proportions seem to match up, her face seems a bit long. I think her nose and mouth can come up considerably. The average measurement I have been taught is its one eye length down to the start of the nostril bridge. You may choose not to follow this rule, but it is up to you. The real issue here I think is contrast. I don't notice a lot of it in this image. More contrast will make the image more readable. I also try to focus on defining more structure in the face, even if its anime, doing some simple planes and definition of the skull will make your piece feel more authentic I think.

Good work overall i think your in a nice launching pad to only get better. keep up the good work, and hope to see you a round. Who knows, maybe next time you'll be the one grilling me . take care and welcome again.

"Please sit down, stay awhile" My current threads:

Character Mood

--

行く手の風がある日に
    Yukute no kaze ga aru hi ni

Come visit me in my own personal hell!

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome!

And yeah, I know what do you mean -.-, I'm not satisfacted with my lineart, but I don't really know how to improve it, and btw...lately I've been more interested in a more realistic work, so I don't pay too much attention to lineart, however, I wanna improve it, since I like to try a lot of different styles.

About the little things in the sinx drawing, they arent lights...it suposed to be dust, but I draw them based on the sprite of the game -.-...thou, I'm trying to practice what you say, since some time ago, trying to put more effort on skin, and considering all the things surrounding it, like lightsources, shadows, cloths, etc....in the next drawings I want to play also with the metal, since I really want to be able of making it look real, as well as skin...

And about the proportions...yeah, I admit I've been having troubles with those issues due to the fact that when I'm drawing I always have the drawing zoomed in, so I lost the proportions, so I fount out pretty useful the preview window lately....in the first drawing, I remade almost all his torso,right hand and left arm, cuz they were pretty bad, and yeah... I'm trying to be more careful on every aspect, so I can really improve.

Thank you so much for your advice, I'll se what I can do about my linearts since I'm really lost in that issue ._. ....btw, I think this week I'm going to start a sketchbook and to show som WIP's so I can have some advice...I Really want to improve >.<!

Thanks again for your critz! I'll start working on those issues =D!

Thanks
    Well its good to be honest. I have line issues too so don't feel too bad. I have problems with line weight as well as fluidity. I tend to be so sketchy and thick, but sometimes it doesn't help the final. Starting a sketchbook will be excellent. I want to try doing so but I have never been able to keep with a sketchbook. I have like sketchbook a.d.d @_@. Perhaps one day someone will help me with that problem lol.

You have a great positive outlook, and look at it this way, Being ready and able to move forward is half the battle, the rest is actually going out and doing the work. keep up your positive attitude and you are going to be boundless ^^.

"Please sit down, stay awhile" My current threads:

Character Mood

--

行く手の風がある日に
    Yukute no kaze ga aru hi ni

Come visit me in my own personal hell!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.