environment practice
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

environment practice

hello everyone!
    never posted here before, but i'm watching this forum all the time! learning here and trying to improve every day. here i did some practice enviro work trying to achieve mood and architecture. thank you all for great inspiration! i'll try to do my best!

Last edited by teho; January 26th, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wow

wow man...this is nice stuff. I love your style and the colors work great with the whole composition. You might want to emphisize on making some textures and such 'cause it looks a bit blury. But over all great job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Venom763, thank you. i tried to sharp edges... think it's looking better now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, not bad! Three things I really like:

1. Train cars have a very cool shape, how they're mostly vertical with rounded top and bottom.
    2. Upper mid-left, where the sun is hitting that golden building, is nicely rendered. Very pretty.
    3. The sky is terrific. It looks blurry, like water has been used to blend it. Nice effect.

Couple things that could be better:
    1. There are so many bright colors in so many places that the eye doesn't know where to go first. Somehow they need to create a more cohesive whole.
    2. Building edges look a little soft. I think they need more definition. In a couple places they look a little water-blurred like the sky, but it doesn't work as well with inorganic objects.

Nice job overall! Looks like a lot of effort went into it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sol Blue, very thank you for you crit! i'll continue to learn how the color lay and transfer over the image... and how it match each-other. i've done this work while learning the painter, so actualy i don't know yet how to save for web my paints with nice quality. originaly they are looking crisp and with a lot of info, but when i resize them down all info is gone and edges become blurry... i don't know yet how a lot of people here can achieve crisp effect, when resizing down...
    thanks about design elements. i think i love them more then other things... so details and new designs are my heroes.

Last edited by teho; February 1st, 2008 at 08:10 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 2