Mimir's Word - An Official Valhalla Comics Update
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Mimir's Word - An Official Valhalla Comics Update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Mimir's Word - An Official Valhalla Comics Update

Good morning everyone!

Well, it looks like we were suffering from the lack of holidays last week, as things were definitely running slow for VC. Hell, it took me over a week to get this out to forums, which is usually sent on Sundays. =X I suppose we're just getting back into the swing of things, and hopefully this week everything gets back to normal.

However, even though we've been slow, I still have some updates from this past week...

I'd like to announce December/January's Art Battle winner for the Holiday Character Battle: Kangarookid. Unfortunately, he was the only entree, but it was an awesome entree none-the-less. Loved his rendition of the Easter Bunny kicking the crap out of Frosty the Snowman. Congratulations to you, Skot, and thanks for the title change. Very much appreciated. ;P Let me know when you have a personal web site, and I'll hook you up with a week's worth of free advertising on the site.

Check out Skot's winning submission here: http://forum.valhallacomics.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=971&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
    #p7378

Right now we have two art jams going on:

1. The third Sketch of the Week (ending soon), focusing on extreme flexibility, where you're asked to sketch one or two drawings of people in various poses to the human limit. Find out more info about that and place your submissions here: http://forum.valhallacomics.com/view...php?f=8&t=1009

and 2. We have our second Concept of the Month (for January), focusing on Rulers of Hell, where you're asked to draw a figure of a God/Demon/Ruler of Hell (from any religion/mythology) OR create your own. This is to be a finished piece and we already have one completed with hopefully more on the way. You can find out more and place your submissions here: http://forum.valhallacomics.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=998

January is almost coming to an end, so we'll spark up a new Concept Jam and Art Battle in the beginning of February, but until then, keep on creating and partake in some sketch of the week jams and the concept jam, or just post some art you're working on in your galleries (and if you don't have one... shame on you!)

I'm just finishing up a couple of interviews with Buz Hasson & Ken Haeser (from The Living Corpse), as well as John Rauch (freelance colorist/artist). Hopefully, I'll be able to get some art from the Corpse Brothers soon, so I can post theirs up this week. I know these are coming along rather slowly lately, but that's because I've been crazy busy trying to put the store together. So, please bare with me! =]

In the meantime, you can catch up on your interview reading here:
    http://mugoblog.valhallacomics.com

Someone who hasn't been slacking, is Anton Curley, as he's got yet another comic series review up at the Sagas O' Scrutiny. Head over to http://reviews.valhallacomics.com and check out his scrutinization of The New Avengers!

Helping me with the Lil' Gods comic this week, was EMC (Elizabeth Cowdrey). She applied some colors to the new script that was just posted last night! This marks the first appearance of a Frost Giant! DUN DUN DUNNNNN If you haven't been keeping up, take a look at the comic strip here: http://comics.valhallacomics.com

Well guys, it looks like no one's taking advantage of the Artist Alley at www.Valhallacomics.com, so I'm not sure what the turn-off is. Do people not like alternative venues for selling art? Is a 15% or 20% commission fee too much to ask for selling art through the store? I'm just curious what the problem is. If you can give me some info/crits/etc about how the Artist Alley should be, ideally, please let me know. I want to know what you have to say.

Finally, I wanted to announce that Pre-orders for March comic books ARE ready for purchase at the store. Head over to Valhalla Comic's Pre-Orders Page to pre-order over 200 titles that are coming out in March. If you order 1-10 comics, you'll receive a 10% discount, if you order 11-19 comics, you'll receive a 15% discount, and if you order 20+, you'll receive a 20% discount. These discounts apply to all comics: back issues, new releases and pre-orders, so please feel free to browse around and add whatever you'd like. You also receive a free bag & board for each comic, so you'll always be able to protect the comics you buy from Valhalla Comics.

The deadline for pre-orders is JANUARY 28, 2008 @ 11:59pm EST, so that gives you guys 7 more days to order. And remember, the more pre-orders I get, the more stock I'll have for everyone that shops at the store. Also, as time goes on, and the more pre-orders I receive, the bigger discount I can afford to give you guys. So, get to pre-ordering and using your subscriptions!

Again, if you have any suggestions for the site, what I carry, the subscriptions, artist alley, etc... PLEASE let me know. Remember, you must be logged in to subscribe to anything, so create an account! =]

Take care guys and I really hope to see you at the store. I'd love to be your comicbook/graphic novel provider, and if you don't see something that you want, just let me know what it is and I'll add it to inventory.

Better things to come in '08 guys, so stick around!

I should have a small update or two this week, concerning reviews, the web comic and interviews, so have a great rest of the week and I'll see you on the forums.

Last edited by ValhallaComics; January 21st, 2008 at 12:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have just added PayPal as a new payment method for the online comic store. This should make everyone's lives easier, especially for those that don't like to use credit cards.

So, now we accept all major credit cards through Authorize.net, as well as PayPal.

Remember, you have 5 more days to make your preorders for March and you can save upto 20% on all comics: back issues, new releases or pre-orders; no exceptions.

Here's the rundown:
    1-9 comic yields a 10% discount
    10-19 comics yields a 15% discount
    20+ comics yields a 20% discount

Not only that, but every comic comes in a protective bag and board to keep those suckers in great shape for your collection.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.