Sketchbook: Nettle mountain sketch trial from green place - Page 11
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Nettle mountain sketch trial from green place

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy shit man, badass improvement in here, wish i had the fun you explòicitly have with colors, whats the trick!

kudos for the new job, and keep us up n posted!

ciao!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TheGnoll - thanks, i like your pencils as much man, the trick is -----> prometheus concept drawing tutorial system and lots of colour balance and selective colour. Having a big reference library of amazing pictures help too...
    cout<mecha - Haha, thanks! i will try to mix it up in future as well
    FAST ART - me too, biomechanical is like honey
    Porg - nice for you to visit, about colour & cutt paste answer about colours: the trick is -----> prometheus concept drawing tutorial system and lots of colour balance and selective colour. Having a big reference library of amazing pictures help too...
    walnut - thanks mate, see you soon at Köln, Berlinn, or east pole at MB workshop
    Walid D - Thanks for the tip about brushstrokes, they are sometimes little there and there... Well those humans are referenced so they are from the photos, i hve to try doing similar stuff from imagination as well

Well well well, have been too busy at work and have little energy to try something too serious, but i have been painting 8 hours a day for four weeks in nitro so, something is done anyway at the work but i can't show it...

Anyway, here are the challenge part 1 (photo referenced) and some speedies, soon to try something bigger thingie...

Name:  animals.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  83.8 KB Name:  animals1.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  60.4 KB Name:  animals2.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  78.5 KB

Name:  3-copy.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  158.9 KB

Name:  hetelmä.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  90.7 KB

MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there, great job on them animal studies! They're really to the point, i like that. The one pic with the guy standing on his spaceship thing holds a lot of potential as well. Maybe you could go for a more naturalistic colour scheme and the cap needs a more interesting shape, but i have good hopes for that one. Btw, what is that girl doing to that eggplant? Something fishy going on there ... Anyway, hope to see you at the next workshop (Berlin, Kuala Lumpur, frigging Easter Island or wherever) and congrats with your job! (Hadn't read that bit last time so it's a little belated )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Walnut: Well, believe it or not but the colours in that spaceship is exactly like i wanted them to be. I can't really explain it rationally, it came after looking too much robogabo artwork colours... hmm that cap IS little flat, have to do something about it. ,about job: little taxing but what job wouldn't be? been fun month allready. (damn, you notised the fishy eggplant scheme)

Rest challenge study pages (photoref), after this animals from imagination to come:

Name:  animals9.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  69.2 KB Name:  animals9i.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  73.3 KB

Last edited by Nettle_Mountain; July 6th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.
    MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude how you doinnnn ? Really impressive studies, i really love the cats ! Keep it up buddy, you rock !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, dynamic study right there, liking it!
    haha, you should such things with humans! but who am I to say
    Ill try to look in here more often, been away for too long! sry!

••• Φ •••

Nettle_Mountain - walnut - SamC - Walid D - Nrx - Dilated - FraserMcT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Φ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Walid: thanks man, see you on next challenge
    Mr: Phil: Oh fuck, damn, yes, you are right! where are my dynamic human pose studies? i have been such a fool, thanks for noticing!

Lunchspeedies:
    (the picture on left is not actually completely mine, i used some image from CA downloads for forum users and had fun changing the context of it)
    Name:  Untitled-1-copy.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  135.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooh, i missed those horses, they were so cool! I also like very much the enviro in the last post. The other two pics do well too (fun design on n°2), but that last one, well it's where it needs to be, if you know what i'm saying. One other thing, when i said cap in the last post, i had wanted to type cape, so my apologies for the confusion. Till the next post!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Strong themes and characters, this guy looking the horizon above the mini spaceship is very interesting. Keep it up man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Walnut: Quess i do, light shadow contrast are best in there ,have to do more of those space suits, fun!
    Ricardo Robles: Thanks mate, maybe i will work more with that one

Few speedie studies & modified (someone's artwork as reference) and a not so cool quy

Something bigger cooking as well...

Name:  77.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  124.5 KB Name:  gg.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  147.3 KB

Name:  78.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  90.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have lately looking quite carefully the art of James Paick, expecially picture called station 42: http://scribblepadstudios.com/galler...album=7&pos=16

Inspired by that my own version of that composition:

Name:  tämäkö-copy-2.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  174.9 KB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nettle_Mountain For This Useful Post:

Φ

cout<mecha is offline animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good as always Nettle. Your landscape skills are really maturing. You also have a funny way of drawing things sometimes, like rotoscope. Good to see you looking for inspiration and look forward to your mysterious project!

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    really these landscapes are really good.Keep up working on them !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uuhh, you killed it once more, damn dude, ! freakn awesome! I digg how you got these hard transitions from light to shadow going recently. really works!
    and, yeah, you seem to be really developing your stuff, somehow just realized that now
    soo…seems like you are having some fun painting…but…wheres that hard ugly work, you know…*coff* human anatomy study *coff*

anyways, take care!

••• Φ •••

hunchback is offline I disagree! PENIS! TACO! CHEWBACCA!
    Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more more more...anatomy
    nice horse and kitty studies

James Paicks workk mmmmmmmmhhhhmmmmmmm.
    nice!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love how you colored those animals. I can't stop looking at it. I'm not a big spaceship or fancy sci-fi environment fan, so no comments about those though they look good It's really interesting to see you do so many different things. I shouldn't even comment, you're better than me and I can't give advice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A million times RESPECT on that last one. Would you say working at a professional studio has sharpened your skills?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gorgeous work! The differences from when you started your sketchbook to now are very, very inspiring!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, just wow, these last paintings are eye-candy!!!
    those anatomy animal scetches look really nice too, the simple use of brushstrokes as a unique effect.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Fantastic colours on that last piece. Great sketchbook man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -finndiesel:thanks
    -catatafish:great you liked, have to you that some more on future-
    -nisshoku: woot, hey thanks!! that's the most inspiring comment you can have! good to know one has progressed somewhere
    -walnut:well ,offcource in some ways. I have had to draw several buildings and cities so i have get practise a lot in perspective and enviroments. Sorry for the missing of last challenge, will make ip up by doing it very late, as usual...
    -kuutamo:thank you for the visit and kind words but othervice, what kind of bullshit is that??? no-one has to be perfect in order to comment others work and only crime you did was that you didn't stay on conceptart.. you still have time to redeem yourself, right
    -hunchback: nice you like, and anatomy on the way for you my gourmet friend
    phil: thanks i will, anatomy is something i am concentrating right now partly thanks to you!
    kingkostas:i will try, thanks
    count/mecha:yes, it is because i draw them trough my cintiq usually first as line over image, and after that from memory. Sharp observation i have to say you have

Well, many things have been happening, good ,bad, ugly, i haven't been too active because working in games company have sucking mostly my energy.But now i am on the vacation!

Good: my vacation started week ago and i completed my training period in nitro games. Had fun and very, very challenging time but it allwen well in the end. Had to do a ton of buildings, mood concepts for cities and enviroment stuff and some characters.

bad: My macbook pro laptop is broken, i drived over it by car. Long story, insurance company will cover it so i have to do some time without...

My cintiq is also broken, nothing to do with car accident. Have to get it into warranty repair.

Well, here is some anatomy studies, brisgman mostly (i haven't been completely lazy). I'm trying to concentrate on drawing while im waiting to have my cintiq and laptop back:

Name:  bridg1.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  252.7 KB
    Name:  bridg2.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  247.2 KB
    Name:  bridg3.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  270.5 KB
    Name:  bridg4.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  168.4 KB

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nettle_Mountain For This Useful Post:

Φ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, nice to have you around again, i was starting to get worried there. Like the update, you understand what you're drawing with that Bridgman stuff. Umm, not much else to say about that otherwise, would be nice to see some more stuff from your imagination. How about some unicorns, hmmm? :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Walnut: thanks mister, nice to be back here. I seem to have then and then these "black seasons" where nobody seems to hear anything from me in these forums...
    I have been putting off anatomy drawing so long that maybe it was deus ex machina that broke my digital tools and thus; forcing me to back into paper & pen.

(Funny, i had some plans actually on drawing unicorns... it's a deal! )

Last edited by Nettle_Mountain; August 28th, 2009 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wa………ah……a……………å………wow………dude if this is what happens when u break ur cintiq……you really want that back?

anyhow, you crazy anatomy freak, you challenged me, so I figured Id do the same
    so here it goes: study is one part, but, I believe, that it is really useful if you take it into "practice". right now! so, draw me a full chara design. lines is fine but try to remember as much as possible from your study. try to hit every tinny detail. show us anatomy!

(am I too demanding?)

take care

••• Φ •••

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Busy as a bee, all answers tomorrow, love for all! Rest of the whole 74 challenge picture tomorrow! and comments to other challengers!

Name:  qw1.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  312.2 KB
    Name:  qw2.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  370.4 KB
    Name:  qw3.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  335.1 KB
    Name:  qw4.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  310.3 KB
    Name:  qw5.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  315.7 KB
    Name:  qw6.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  328.5 KB

Last edited by Nettle_Mountain; November 26th, 2009 at 04:47 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Nettle_Mountain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking pretty good overall, you've brought a lot of depth in your figures. I'm kind of embarrassed about my own effort now. Hope you'll post more regularly again from now. Btw, the first few pics appear not to be loading, maybe you should check it out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phil: characters under practise right now, remember to take in part with challenge, we are rolling again!
    Walnut: For someone who pushes out 500 nudes and completes the 100 limit you shout shame on yourself and roll in dirt??? i was thinking that me who has not posted in moths have something to be shamed about (i do)

Hello there fine crowd (it seems to be empty space) I have been away some time because first my cintiq broke and was sended into repairing, then i did drive over my macbook pro with a car, has been some hassle with insurance company and stuff, well i have my cintiq but i am still waiting for my mac.

But positive thibg is i have started drawing daily with pen and paper, something goof is bound to come out of this, im sure of it (maybe)

rest of challenge and some stuff i did before
    Name:  q1.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  331.7 KB
    Name:  q2.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  373.7 KB
    Name:  q3.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  239.7 KB
    Name:  Q4.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  90.2 KB Name:  Q5.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  96.5 KB Name:  Q6.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  114.0 KB

cout<mecha is offline animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Inspiring characters this time Nettle. I suggest another pass if you get time from scratch! Good concepts all around!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cout-mecha: Thanks, i will be trying to draw as much as i can these days

Weirdly, i will now post some of the challenge pictures from this challenge, and 3/4 pictures of the next challenge...

I will still post all pictures from this challenge and still life from next one, i just want to have time to research enviroments a little and truth speaking master studies did suddenly take all my time... call it inspiration or something

So, ref landscapes, master studies: Sargent and Liepke

Name:  dd1.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  dd3.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  71.2 KB Name:  dd2.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  35.3 KB

Name:  dd4.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  70.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving the anatomy sketches
    keep it up!

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14