Sketchbook: [[2-4-13]] The Pariano's sketchbook: Journey to be a (pokemon/art) master! - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kidult: Thanks man

Just a dragon for fun. Trying to do more stuff from imagination:

"A drawing is not necessarily academic because it is thorough, but only because it is dead. Neither is a drawing necessarily academic because it is done in what is called a conventional style, any more than it is good because it is done in an unconventional style. The test is whether it has life and conveys genuine feeling."- Harold Speed
    [[Sketchbook]]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Splashed some color on him:

"A drawing is not necessarily academic because it is thorough, but only because it is dead. Neither is a drawing necessarily academic because it is done in what is called a conventional style, any more than it is good because it is done in an unconventional style. The test is whether it has life and conveys genuine feeling."- Harold Speed
    [[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not quite daily's of anatomical interest:

[[Sketchbook]]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pariano For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great!
    Since when do you actually draw and paint? For being 18 or so you're massively talented!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your portrait studies have real sensitivity and life. I like those a lot.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    .empyrean: Thankyou! I've been drawing since I can remember, started painting my junior year of high school.
    Gilead: Thanks! I hope to do more once I get back to college and force my friends to pose for me at 3 am
    Surus: The pleasure is all mine :]

Self portrait came out a LITTLE better here, still horrible and doesn't really look much like me.

It seems my skulls have gotten a bit better. Gotta push and make them even better!

[[Sketchbook]]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pariano For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sweeeeet studies dude, especially the bent knees. Those are a goddamn pain in the ass. Also, the skull drawings are great, but DAMN you need to save and get yourself a more expensive one . (not necessary, drawings still rule) Keep it up yo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Absolutely great academic drawing here and what is not great - sure will be very soon. Great seeing real progress, too. I wish I still had my old drawings somewhere to compare like that. Would be lovely to see this sketchbook growing and growing. All the best

Get naked, eat sushi!

CA.org sketchbook
    Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sidharth: Bent knees aren't quite as bad when I get to look at some nice photo reference while drawing them ;] thanks man.

Jansi: thank you. I feel I need to push myself harder, I've been to relaxed with my art lately.

Here's some pages:

[[Sketchbook]]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pariano For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More Daily's

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really great studies. You have a good eye and technique. Seems like the stuff from imagination needs to catch up a bit though. Any plans on tackling that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What you've seen ARE my plans on tackling that x]

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been busy with a commissioned portrait for christmas. I got a complete set of plaster casts of david's features which I am excited to start studying. What I have to show is a 2 hour study of one of said plaster casts- about 2 hours. Also a quick thing I did as a christmas present and a WIP that I would like critique on. It's awful D:

[[Sketchbook]]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pariano For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work! I love the way those anatomy pencils look in #97.

Watch your color temperature, you can really make them punch out if you think about your light source's temperature. IE. most lights are cold or hot. Direct sun... hot, overcast day... cool(plus desaturated). indoor florescent.. cool. Indoor halogen... warm, etc etc. When you move a color from hot to cold, the hue will shift based on the light temperature. When warm things shift... the go naturally from red to red orange, to orange, to orange yellow, to yellow white to white. And cools go from deep blue to cyan to white. Next time you color from imagination give that a shot. Tuck it away and think about it, rather than simply desaturating, or increasing value, think about the color in terms of hot and cold. It doesn't need it much, for instance you don't need to cover a full shift from red to yellow white, just try red, then shift the hue to orange a bit, and then desaturate a bit, and then go white.

You do this fine in your photo studies and I think your ready to give it a shot with your imaginative works too! Great stuff, way to work hard, hope this helped and isn't anything you've heard over and over before. Just thought I'd mention it. Take care.

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where did you learn that sweet crosshatching style? I love the last pen drawings! Could you recommend some books, websites or write some own tips or tutorial words about the crosshatching? Thanks in advance! Keep on posting pen and pencil pages, please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is pure genius. Can't believe your still 18 . Amazing work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah such amazing work! keep it up. a real talent, a scary talent!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OBX:
    Thanks- I usually try to employ some color/ saturation shifts, but I'll keep it in mind even more so :]
    suers: Haha I don't know if I could take credit for it, it came about from various influences and just a fast way to make values- I'll try to put up a step by step soon!
    Heavens: Well, 19 now, but I've got a long way to go!
    matty_mcmullen: Thank you! :]

I have a piece i'm looking for critique on- just a large monster guy walking in the night. Looking to make it very atmospheric:

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres my final image for the teen challenge:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    [[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man i wish I had your moleskin, that looks sweet. Question: where did you get your 'davids casts' from? I thought of trying to make some 'face-parts' in sculpey, but they wouldnt be as masterful as actual copies, you know?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    RandAlThor: Giust gallery is where I got them :]
    been pretty busy with school stuff. Done a lot more but heres a hand study for now:

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some projects done in my water based media class here at SCAD:

and some sketchbook pages. these must of been 3 minute poses but they felt like 1 or 2! I draw too slow

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The portraits look great, and I love the linework of your pencils, you're developing your style quite well!

I would say keep pushing more pieces to a more complete state, maybe some value studies, and as you're already doing, keep pushing those anatomy studies!!!

wonderful sketchbook though

...the imperfections make it interesting...

[sketchbook] [deviantart]

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dope Fiend For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

woah

these are amazing!
    so envious of your anatomy skills!
    how much time do you spend on drawing each day?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Niam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your line is awesome

34. The Following User Says Thank You to towy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dope fiend: Thanks man, yep, my digital pieces especially need more resolution.

vivi: Thankyou! but there's nothing to be envious of! I have 10 hours of studio classes ( each class is 2.5)a week and I spend anywhere from 1-5 hours a day doing art related things, whether for assignment or personal.

Towy:
    thanks

This is my teen challenge 108 entry, didn't have much time to work on it ( about an hour and a half) so it will most likely be swamped by the other competition. Was fun to do though.

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I decided to try and render this up into a more completed piece. A lot of my weakness in digital is not being able to finish a piece I believe.

[[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work! Your shading's insane.

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Samszym For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 13