nest house studies
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: nest house studies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

nest house studies

These are some development studies for a weird nest house from my project. The premise is that three characters live at the top of a tree and built a home from sticks and vines. It is supposed to be very simple and organic looking as opposed to another house that is very cubist and complicated. Kind of like a birds nest.

Derek

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool, dunno really what more to say, notning to crit really, theyr just cool

the third one from the top left looks really stupid though , looks like a dude with hes arms in the air screaming yatta xD

Last edited by Lotet; January 18th, 2008 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice studies
    wanna see detailed versions

"Try again, fail again,
    fail better!"
    Samuel Beckett
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sarsipious101 View Post
    These are some development studies for a weird nest house from my project. The premise is that three characters live at the top of a tree and built a home from sticks and vines. It is supposed to be very simple and organic looking as opposed to another house that is very cubist and complicated. Kind of like a birds nest.

Derek
    They all look good to me. Since i don't really know your project, i cant say which one will 'fit best', so i will simply say 'what i feel' about each one of them.

From left to right, top to bottom:
    1) This has a very 'bird-nest' feeling to it. But since the entrance is so small, it makes me think that the house is 'gigantic' it would need a big tree to acomodate this!

2) This one looks more like a 'human made house', more intrusive into the nature, it doesnt blend as much as the others do.

3) As Lotet said, this looks like a dude with his hands up in the air, screaming. if your project has a more 'cartoonesque' feeling to it, it could work pretty well, It would look like the house of someone playfull and very happy.. and why not, to say, imature? (not in a bad way)

4) This one has a very parasitic feeling to it. But the blending with the nature is very 'smooth', it looks part of it, has a 'natural' feeling.

5) This one reminds me of a twister, it has a very dynamic feeling to it, its powerful!

6) This one looks like a plant, a carnivorous plant actually, looks menancing.

7) This one for me, looks parasitic too, but more 'snake like'.

For me, the one that i 'liked most' is the 5th one. Hope to see it fleshed out!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carbono For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carbono,

That was exactly the response I was looking for. Someone else's immediate impression to the shapes and forms within that brief context I gave. I am working on the OTHER house right now, it would be great if you critiqued that one in the same approach. That way I can have some help deciding which ones should be flushed out into finishes.

Thanks for the help

Derek

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Derek! Glad you like my comments, and you can be sure i will comment the other houses too, i love thumbnails!

Its a pleasure to help man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Currently residing in Michigan, but I have Maine maple syrup running through my veins.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like these. It would be easier to crit them if you included some art that represents what direction you'd go with thees. Context is what's missing. These look nice NOW, but your choice in context could swing the vote, eh?
    Other than that, it seems like you have a good grasp on formand shape and line weight. Nice,.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.