Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Was That??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 468 Posts

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    oh, sweet, I was paranoid my *family* decided to dis-own me.

not just me, then. i feel better.
    i actually got paid to create a 3d model of human poo once. well actualy, i am on my (t)3rd (lol, i kill myself...) iteration, so like i got paid 3x. I should just go ahead and create some reference. this itshay is kiling me...

Thanks
    I got really scared for a moment... but now I'm filled with love and happiness
    Wanted: 30 chinamen and a zeppelin for an elaborate practical joke... can you help?

Thanks

Exclamation

Scandalous!

Thanks
    panic

Thanks
    This was brought up in the Thunderdome thread but with the "scare" I think it should be brought up again. Jason runs the BEST, and FREE, art communities on the web. We have all benefited from this site and he has NEVER asked for anything in return. If someone sets up an account, or gives info to send, I'm sure some members can spare a few bucks to assist in keeping this site up, and FREE, with some of the financial burden taken off of Jason.

Hope I'm not overstepping bounds but I really do appreciate this site and would hate to see it go away.
    To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

Thanks
    I thought that they were putting up the new site...

Thanks
    This was done this morning about 2 minutes after my computer finished booting up :

What Was That??

Thanks
    egerie, I can't remember posing for you This is exactly what I have looked like!

Jester
    Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    Hah! Great little cat character.

Thanks
    Lol great drawing egerie.

Thanks
    I'd be happy to donate, if that's the problem. Really appreciate the great community you've got here.

~jkior

Thanks
    Heck, I rarely have posted yet, but I come here everyday and "lurk" Yesterday when trying to get my daily fix... I realized how much this sites means to me... so donate? yes, yes I will.

Thanks
    AAAHHH !! :eek: , egerie, don't remember me that tremendous "host message" anymore !!

(Nice cat !)

So... the problem was the growing of Conceptart ... this is a good news!

"Mistakes are the portals of Discovery" (James Joyce)

Thanks
    I think most members would be more than happy to contribute or buy ConceptArt coffee mugs etc.
    Anything to not see that stupid message again (I almost panicked).

Thanks
    Let's talk Cafepress people!

"I love CA.org" mugs would sell out faster than Jason Manley can say "draw from life"! i'm telling you

And also the idea of selling custom titles for like a 5 buck donation has always fascinated me.

Why not just set it up! Anyone can do it... but we need artwork people. Let's make this less of a hazzle for Jason, Andrew and Davi...

oh and btw. http://www.cafepress.com/conceptart was available so I snatched it... just to make sure
    Wanted: 30 chinamen and a zeppelin for an elaborate practical joke... can you help?

Thanks
    mugs and maybe some mouse pads stuff like that is a good idea I would buy those. But why not stick together like a mini sketchbook of original art from some of the top guys. Stuff they have already done and choose like 5 peices from each artist and make a mini book 50 pages. I think something like that would go for big bucks on an auction and do those like yearly it probably would cover the cost of hosting alone. I don't know just throwing out ideas.
    joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

Thanks
    and stickers.

everybody loves stickers!!!

What Was That??
    i actually got paid to create a 3d model of human poo once. well actualy, i am on my (t)3rd (lol, i kill myself...) iteration, so like i got paid 3x. I should just go ahead and create some reference. this itshay is kiling me...

Thanks
    Originally posted by AfroLaxMan
    and stickers.

everybody loves stickers!!!

What Was That??
    that's what I'm talking about!!!

also "I took part in the dsg and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.... and a really, really mean crit "

Thanks
    That cat's expression rules

The first thing I thought was that I was the one with the suspended account because my DSG's sucked so bad :bash: :p

I'd be happy to donate a couple bucks here and there too if that would help any. I bet the results would be amazing if a paypal account was set up for donations.

Thanks
    "I love CA.org" mugs would sell out faster than Jason Manley can say "draw from life"! i'm telling you
    Bwahahaha ... "draw from life" ... ouch VERY GOOD ONE! Still recovering ...

I'd change the host (again!?) ... the sachost prices are WAY too high
    (if the standard prices apply to Conceptart.org)
    and the bandwidth limits sound like bad jokes!

Then I might buy a sticker or mug ... if that's at all possible in Germany

[edit]I haven't read the announcement when I wrote that.[/edit]
    Last edited by Signature; September 19th, 2003 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 468 Posts
    Kortez has nailed it.

I think the ideas about mugs/t-shirts is spot-on. Having a published work that features ConceptArt pics is a great one, but much more involved and less reliable. I've never bought as many T-shirts as I have since going online this year.
    They're highly desirable, a breeze to process through cafˇpress.com, and multiple designs could be featured without any outlay.

I don't know why it's not already being done, frankly. And the idea that we'd be supporting the site is fabulous! I hope this is taken seriously and pursued. Think of how much talent is at-the-ready to donate marketable imagery to this cause!

I will.

Jason? Andrew? Davi? What do ya think?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Originally posted by Kortez

"I took part in the dsg and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.... and a really, really mean crit "
    :rofl:

Thanks
    Great idea Kortez!
    Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    that cafepress thing sounds like a sweet idea

umm, what about a coffee mug for the concept artist's office: "i get paid for drawing shit"

or a large rectangular sticker to put somewhere you see it often: "draw from life!"

t-shirt: "will draw concepts for food"

not to mention posters of coro paintings, manley goodness and andrew spods. (i think of a poster with some hundred of andrews spods and a huge punchline that reads "get off ye lazy ass and draw!")

Thanks
    Sticker idea:
    Got Hi-Tec C?
    Got Wacom?
    Got Sketchbook?

If mugs were made, I personally would just like it to be plain, and say Concept Art.org forums or something simple. I don't like cutesy stuff like "World's Greatest Dad," etc. Maybe that's because I'm not anyone's dad (that I know about)...

Does anyone know how much bandwidth CA uses per month? They need to go to WebHostingTalk.com forums and post what hosting solutions they need. Hosts will make them offers for a LOT less than they're paying now. They may even want to check out reseller accts for a ton of storage/bandwidth, and can host others for $$ too. Just a thought...

-Bad Mange

Thanks
    Have any of you guys ever been on www.cgtalk.com ? They recently published a book with all cgart in it that members of the site submitted. The result is is a nice, 200 page book with absolutely beautiful prints. They just sold out of all the 999 limited edition hardcover books (which I think sold for around $100) Not to mention all the softcover and hardcover books they're selling. I think it would be great if this site did a similar project in which members submit works, and a panel of judges would choose the pieces to go into the book, then sell it! I, for one, would definately buy one! The artwork here is amazing!

Thanks
    Now this is getting good. The "CA Store" idea has really evolved to a really doable idea. I hope that Jason and the other mods are really taking this idea under consideration. The CA book idea is fantastic, I'd love to get some of the images I've seen here in a GOOD quality book with info about the artist etc.
    To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

Thanks
    I personally would love to buy CA.org merchandise...

I tell people about this site all the time, if i had a shirt...it would save my breath...

Thanks
    anything to keep this circus on the road.
    www.robertomarchesi.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.