Sketchbook: JessMZilla's Sketches *nudity!*

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

JessMZilla's Sketches *nudity!*

I'm Jess, 20 years old, + a graphic design student. I'm trying to improve my anatomy skills right now, and just being able to draw what I see. Makes it much easier to illustrate an idea if you know how to draw it first.

Criticism is welcome and appreciated! My anatomy skills now = not awesome. If have advice that'll help, I need it. All of these are from references and the last is a speedpaint from reference.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JessMZilla; February 9th, 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: fixed image sizes & thumbnail
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Some more anatomy studies. I'm trying to draw every day in February, even if it just a tiny sketch. The pages with a lot of scribbly figures are 30 second sketches.

Thanks
    Hey, nice studies you got going here. I think you should try to mix up some of these quick studies with some longer studies in which you notice more details from underlying muscles and bones. Doing these on a larger scale with more arm movement helps a lot too with capturing the energy of the figure. There's a whole lot more to say about figure drawing in general, but I'm sure you'll find more tips as you study the human form. I just started with the human figure a few months ago myself, but I can definitely see a difference already. Just keep up the studies (and the posts!) and you'll probably see an improvement too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamesy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Nice work, it's important to visualize geometric forms in the human body! I like when you make some parts smoother, to express the fleshy parts of body.
    Keep drawing!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clochette For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nice Work

I like the contours of your lines. You are capturing the
    flow of the figure. I agree with the previous post. Try to conceptualize the the torso, pelvis, extremities,..etc as simple 3-dimensional shapes whenever you look at a figure. This will give more power and volume to the drawings. Very nice work.

I should be drawing...not surfing CA...

My sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey there. Good to see you tackling the 'ol figure studies. They're never easy, but a good tip I have found is to put a a lot of thought into a line before you stick it down on the paper. (or tablet) For a 2minute drawing I wouldn't go over 20 lines or so. Its all about the capturing the pose and gesture as fast and easily as possible. Cheers, keep at it!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.