Magical Forest lol
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Magical Forest lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Magical Forest lol

So yeah topic for the class was something along the lines of a magical forest and this is the idea that I'm shooting for..

So if anyone could be so kind as to rip this thing apart, I have 3 weeks to finish it and I'm going to do the final in acrylic so please pick this apart! It is still in the sketch/value study stage. Thank you

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the tree, I like your foreground root elements.

The dude flying in the background...whats his deal? He's got an axe which makes me think he's anti-magical forest yet he's flying so i'm thinking maybe he is for magical things...whats going on there? just curious

I think that you should try and get some light in that tree's mouth somehow to show the depth of the cavity. Either just dim texture to imply the inside or maybe a firefly? (though that effect might be hard to do in acrylic, then again i'm not the best painter.) I don't know...sumthin?

Also, I think the tree line you have in the background could be less uniform in hight and shape. Snake the far, medium and close layers into each other more so that it looks less like a layer cake and more like looking through trees, where maybe a close shape is obstructing our view, but we can still sorta get an idea of whats behind it. Maybe also imply some actual tree tops poking up above the general line.

Hope this helps, can't wait to see progress!

...my humble and uneducated opinion.

-Nate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for your critique, Mute! I think i'll definitely change the tree line to be a little more dynamic looking.. but I'm not sure if I want to illuminate the tree's mouth. We'll see though. Lol Hes supposed to be jumping.. like a ridiculously powerful jump. But hes supposed to be jumping to meet the tree and chop him down cuz the forest is attacking him :p Thanks again.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.