Art: new illustrations and oil paints (BIG DL) update 2/12 - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    rich i think wit the last one the negatives look very opaque and gouachey? in a darkroom the redlight is so overpowering i feel that either the negative would be saturated with the red (and seem a bit more transparent) or for illustrative sake be more of the complementary green? and to be so bright they would need another lightsource on them, presumably a red light being in the darkroom atmosphere. it is a tough pickle! by themselves they are beautifully done though!
    btw i forgot to introduce meself, my name is mr hardass nitpick, how do you do?
    i did some sloppy rough mollyhogging of your piece to show a quickens of what i mean...
    http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/675...rdoneklab0.jpg

smooches
    cheers
    ciao!
    tim

Last edited by mrgrumble; February 12th, 2008 at 08:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wonderful stuff! I love your expressive use of color and the richness of the oils. I want to see more! This newest one has a great suspensful feeling. Great job!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 469 Posts
    damn Rich, I love it. The red lit darkroom is so good I can almost smell the fixer

I also agree with Scott that the negatives in negative are super sweet. I see the point about the film not probably tearing the way you have it, though I kind of don't care. If it looked realistic, it would look cut off, which isn't very dramatic. You could maybe have made it burned off, though that probably has no relation to the story doesn't much matter in the end, it's going to make a great cover.

"Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    hey man, i particularly liked your portraits, and i was just wonderin, how do you apply your oil paint?

im really new with working with oils, ive only done 2 pieces so far with them, and every time i try to achieve an effect such as the one you created in this painting:

mine always turn out looking like they were painted with Acrylic

do you apply with those painting knifes? or is it a special brush you use to achieve the overall effect?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 438 Posts
    Bandwidth exceeded! I can't see shit! Many sad faces like this one over here --->!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.