Sketchbook: the horror's skull duggery

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

the horror's skull duggery

i told myself after the workshop i'd start a sketchbook thread to keep me drawing everyday, that and having critiques of the stuff i like to draw will help a lot so please, crit away. thanks

this was inspired while i was at the workshop

thanks for looking

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    a self portrait i did in class a little while back

some experiments with color and glazes

a piece i did a while back entirely with a palette knife

Thanks
    Great start. You seem to have a handle on rendering, and the self portrait is nice. Was it from life or from a photograph? All I can ask is for you to post more: you need to build a solid base of work before people can start really giving crits.

Thanks
    thanks, working on scanning some life drawing and whatnot anything i can to get people to get a gauge on my experience and ability. the SP was from a photo. i do paint from life as much as i can, will get those up as well.

~thanx

Thanks
    some rib and hip studies

Last edited by Ray of the Dead; January 16th, 2008 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks
    Cool ideas, and not bad drawings, but your anatomy needs a lot of work. Good thing you're doing the studies. Keep that up, and you'll definitely get good. Good luck!

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

8. The Following User Says Thank You to funfetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks man, anatomy has always been my weak point, for a few years now actually, but i'm keeping at it. i'm going to try and post more anatomy stuff as that is my weak point, so you guys can make suggestions.

~Thanx

Thanks
    a portrait from reference

some portraits from life

one of the first creatures i actually took a crack at, and something a little more twisted i drew on the plane on the way home from seattle.

you keep 'em coming and so will i, this is really helping me, thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Alright found my life stuff, i'm embarrassed to say it's been a little while since i've had the opportunity to steadily draw from life, i need to use my resources better.

thats enough for the nite, i need a nap

Thanks
    Nice portraits and bones, keep practicing anatomy and you'll see amazing results!
    Looking good man! Keep it up!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Carbono For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i work 16 hours on fridays so just a quick sketch i did for some chick that wanted me to draw her a tattoo with feathers.

a harpy

Thanks
    agh, work is killing me, here's a WIP i've been trying to teach myself painter/wacom with.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Hell yea! You are off to a great start bro. The very first is my fav. I don't remember seeing it in your SB you brought to Seattle? What I think would really make that one shine is if you did a redraw and balance her out a bit. Try to hunch her over and show the weight of that big ass belly. Also, get those limbs a bit more rigid so they look all boney and stuff. I remember the one of the skin being ripped off the skull. It looks killer after you punched up the contrast.

I worked for like an hour on the redraw of the creature you picked outa my SB. I'll get the scans posted this weekend.

Keep it up man. We'll only get better!
    D

My sketchbooks. Don't be nice. Be honest.

My main Sketchbook!

Thanks
    yeah buddy thanks for the crit, yeah i did that one my first day back from seattle, i have a fresh crop of stuff from the last week or so, just havent had time to scan, cant wait to see your stuff dude... get it up there.

Thanks
    Well, you certainly have been busy since my last visit. I see some really good things here. If you are looking for something to study, I suggest the same area that I have trouble with: the eyes. They seemed to give you a little bit of trouble on the portraits from life and reference. There are a lot of great posts on this site about the construction in the eye area, all we have to do is find them. Progress will occur.

Keep on posting, I want to see more!

Thanks
    ok another quick one, been drawing some tattoo stuff lately and liking it, but this one i'm really having trouble negotiating the anatomy so i'm sitting down with some pics of Michelangelo's sculpture and some anatomy books. philadelphia is actually pretty good to their artists, i'm taking a free life drawing class/session on the weekends and if the drive doesnt bother me too much twice a week i plan on taking their class on wednesdays at the Fleisher Art Memorial, anyone in or near philly should look it up. the scan shows how much trouble i had with the breasts and arm in the foreground a la the erase marks. any comments on that are greatly appreciated

a zombie hand i did in a less traditional way than tattoo artists might do it.

a very incomplete creature concept i did that i'm not happy with at all but i'm posting it so that when i do a better one it will show my progress. dont mind the Gigeresque overtones.

i really appreciate you guys checking back on this and giving your input, you keep coming, i'll keep posting.

more coming, had a rough week so i'm gonna make up for it this week.

werd

Thanks
    Damn dude you are keepin on it. Very nice. I think that first one is very nice. Its got a very cool stylistic quality to it. I notice something about the breasts that Ive been trying to break away from. It the one at 45 and the other dead on syndrome. Try pointing the left nipple (her right) a bit more in the direction of the other. It may help.

The zombie hand kicks ass. I couldn't believe you even got into the marrow! Thats just good stuff.

The last one... what can I say. A vagina with spikes and eyes... how can you go wrong. Ha! But then, I'm a sucker for the Geigeresqe style. I'd say see how far you can take that one or if you do redo it, stay with that idea. I think something good will come of it.

Keep on going bro, your puting me to shame so far.

D

My sketchbooks. Don't be nice. Be honest.

My main Sketchbook!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.