Hey!! I'm just polluting this section with my issues about making a comic. See, I want to make comics of my own projects, and join into these challenges to get my creative juices flowing! But for some reason I just can't bring myself to do that.
I think I'm nervous because I can't complete even a small story...I have some ideas but they seem crappy to me, incomplete and going nowhere. For 5 years I haven't done much of anything with one story, yet I still want to make a comic from it. I'm also weird about panels. I see how awesomely they can be put together, but it doesn't click with me! I think the panel thing is my biggest issue. I've never been able to figure out how to make them awesome yet...coherent with the story progress!
I need help but I noticed, at the very least, you guys had a "staged idea". I was just wondering if you're going to do that still? If I try it, maybe it might help me step forward in comic creation. I'd really like to try! I'll also look around for any related tutorials.
Errrr, sorry about this, because I'm sure it sounds like a bunch of those "help me do better!" type threads in the forums. XD I DO need help but I'll try not to be such a pest!
Okay, Jazz', let me get a set-up together for the 19th Challenge. I already have something planned for the next Challenge that also won't necessarily require panels if you want to go off on a tangent. It'll be up this Sunday and run one month because of the Holidays...
No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary
Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
This message is for all types of artists but especially for those who want to become comic book artists,
- First let me introduce myself My name is "Florea Ciprian" but everyone knew me as "CyART". I'm an artist and a huge fan of comics and concept art.
- For some time I"m teaching and training myself to become a better artist and for this I applied a strategy inspired by comics and ConceptArt.Org CONTEST & ACTIVITIES FORUM.
- No matter what you want to become of designers (industrial designer), concept artist, illustrator, or maybe you want to do storyboard or animations. For me all those begins in a single place Comics. An comic books artist must know how to draw anything from characters to cars to buildings etc. must know how place a scene in a page, how to choose the camera angle and intensity of the light source or sources etc. (at least this is my opinion). And I decided to study and learn to draw comic books/manga
- I'm still a student and I have a lot to learn but enough about me and let's get to what's important part, what is my process and How do I gather inspiration and ideas too create a (mini) Comics/Manga. Honestly is very simple . . . ConceptArt.Org - COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES FORUM ([URL="[url]http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?74-COMMUNITY-ACTIVITIES (http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdi...ITY-ACTIVITIES) creates almost everything for me and for FREE all I have to do is just put them together )
- First of all the story or act, for inspiration the first place is "P.O.W." (Panels of the Week) (http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdi...ls-of-the-Week) and a brief description of a story is given, simple, but from here the trouble starts. The hard part is to look for ideas for characters, places, etc. and sometimes nothing comes to mind, no problem, this is where my idea comes into place:
- Gathering ideas for characters and creatures: for Characters go to "C.H.O.W." (Character of the Week) (http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdi...er-of-the-Week) page and the description of a character is there, and for the Creature the same thing go on "C.O.W." (Creature of the Week) (http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdi...re-of-the-Week) you have ready description everything you need. Now for the scene/place/Environment, I think it is very clear go to "E.O.W." (Environment of the Week) (http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdi...nt-of-the-Week) and finally but not least for more ideas and inspiration go to the other pages as "I.D.O.W." (Industrial Design of the Week) (http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdi...gn-of-the-Week), "I.O.W." (Illustration of the Week) (http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdi...on-of-the-Week) and for even more inspiration go on other forums such as "Design Lab" and "1 Hour Design Challenge" ETC . . . usually I try to take the current week topic for all threads
- Everything is ready combine them, mix them and the story is done, Now all you have to do is write them and then draw
I usually start with the script, once wrote the story in a few words. move on to characters and creatures design, make a page for each character or creatures in several positions and some expressions... move to sketch several locations and places, based on the description of E.O.W.
- In a way you participating in all the events at the same time For the time limit or Deadline I use one week for one story (mini comics), 1 day for the characters or creatures, 1 day for the Environment, 1 day for the Industrial design type things, 1 day for the thumbnails and sketches of the pages layout, 1 day for the finishing pages layout and ink or, 1 day for colors and 1 day for finishing touch. END
Last edited by Cy-AN; January 18th, 2013 at 03:01 AM.
hey guys and gals! I was wondering if we could maybe get this challenge back on track? I think we should stick to a weekly time limit, like it used to be... the reason I want to do that, is because hardly anyone has been entering these lately. and I think if the topic is not to someone's liking, they will leave, but they wont have a new topic, for months sometimes... so it just kind of sits. and stagnates.
@ nickybeats. For the most part a week isn't enough time for some (or most) to establish a coherant story and have it done on time. i believe monthly is a better time frame for quality paneling. but your right it can drag on. and your right on the topics IMP i think more people would enter if they where broader. i guess our main concern is finding people to carry the torch and post challenges on a regular. which y'know this is all voluonteer so i just want to commend arttourny, donalfall and ilaekae for carrying the torch THANK YOU!. which i'm about to do temporally per Blackspot. after reading some more threads....Thanks!
i love the CA mods! for real! i know its all done on a volunteer basis, so i am merely making a suggestion, not trying to say anyone isn't doing their job! i will always be eternally grateful for this website, and all that i have learned/shared from it! not to get overly mushy haha, but seriously, finding this website is literally the reason i truly pursued art as a career and it has been by far the biggest single influencing motivator for me to buckle down and work like never before!
i think your right, a month would be better now that i think about it. and i will always be down to compete in any challenge that has some kind of action theme to it...
maybe there can be two topics, like before, but have one be a social or psychological theme, while the other is some kind of action oriented theme? or adventure?
i don't know about anyone else, but i get into it a lot more if there is an excuse for an action packed fight scene, or something really cerebral or bizarre....
i like action too brother haha....... i don't think anyone took it as in you thought people weren't doing there job at least i didn't. and I definitely wasn't trying to come off harsh in my previous post if i did my apologies. let see what we can do to get this ball rolling
I'm just going to put this out thereI thought this part of the forum was for Announcements and News.Don't ask me why. I just sort of thought, with the heading and all.Maybe it should be changed to Name My Second Hand Guitar or What's My Number Mean?Your thoughts?