Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Seage ~ Fantasy Portfolio

Thanks
    How much of a sissy am I? Im too scared to post my dragon in the "finally finished" thread! Aw poor me...
    Dawellz!
    Heres tonight's sketch. Something really quick of that character from a few posts ago! Go go bad color palettes!!
    WIP Clearly.
    Attachment 490479
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Some anatomy because I need it. And some other stuffs because I can.
    Gotta draw out a bartender from like the wild west tymez. Trying to do some research, get some ideas of the attire to see how far I can push it. Then i need to render him nicely. Scary stuff, but i'll do my best.
    Attachment 491065

Attachment 491067

Thanks
    Took the guy a bit further. I threw this up in the crit forum so I can be slammed by people who are better than me. So if you guys wanna do the same, go right ahead, lo. That is if anyone checks this anymore.
    Attachment 491285

Thanks
    Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. I like what I see here, and mainly the progress is good. Keep working on it, you are getting there!

Thanks
    Studio Colrouphobia: Np, thanks for stopping by mine.

Update on this guy. So annoying, its kind of boring, or maybe i just wasted too much time doing little things. I should be finished this already, I can see what needs to be done, why am i slacking now...
    Blahhhh, oh, and i know the hand problem, gonna fix that tomorrow when i can stand to look at this thing again.
    Attachment 492127

Thanks
    One of the people I watch on DA had this idea to play a speedpaint version of the game "telephone". Where one person whispers a message into the ear of the person beside them only once, then it gets passed around, and more than not, by time it comes back to the first person, the message is totally different, and usually ridiculous. I remember playing this back in elementary school, so the whole thought of it was awesome, so i joined in.
    I have no idea what the original looked like, but heres mine. Took 2.5 hours to do and was too much fun. Cant wait to see the other.
    Attachment 492914

Thanks
    Oh man, you've been busy. Unfortunately, so have I (midterms!!!). Finally, it's fall break and I promise you, I will let you know what I think tomorrow
    "Wigga Wigga Nutshire"
    "How many quarters are in a dollar?"
    "...half and half, kinda like the cream, but I don't like coughy..."
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Immortal: Damn, i feel your pain. Midterms are killer, always hated em. But yeah, break time soon!! You get to relax

Heres tonights speed/study. And yeah...its horrible and stuff is out of perspective. I always see these guys do these 2 hour city paintings with so much detail that just happens to be random lines. When i throw random lines on mine, it looks like random lines that have been thrown on top of already bad work....oh man, im gonna keep working at this.
    Oh, and heres some anatomy.
    Attachment 493664
    Attachment 493663

Thanks
    hiya, i love the purple hues in that cityscape, I'm a sucker for purple.

i think your barmans legs are a bit on the big side
    Diggin' the Ditch?

Thanks
    Ok, ok, I'm ready!

So, some nice works you've been producing as of late. I do like the angel and the...demon(?) work you completed. The angel looks a little too cylindrical, not really organic. Of course, that's done and done. I just wanted to let you know, though, what I thought could use some touching up in there.

Sketches are fine.

Dark Land thing is great. Look up Tolkien for some inspiration, not for content, but the process he used to develop his world (LoTR, Hobbit, Silmarillion). Especially read the Silmarillion.

Very nice concept on the sand guy. His arms and stomach bother me a little. They don't seem human. They're also a little flat.

Oh my goodness, the knight and dragon is really awesome. A few minor (minor!!) details. The dragon doesn't seem to be looking at the knight, nor does he seem to be enraged by his presence. The dragon's wings are a little too blue (cool in temperature) for my liking. Also, the dragon's sword(?)...or lance(?) doesn't seem to be held correctly. Other than that, awesome, awesome, awesome!

I think you did a better job of describing form with shadows with the chef or dishwasher guy. Although, his left arm is awkward, it does have a good sense of volume.

The fish picture is hilarious! Very nice textures in there as well.

I'm diggin' that cityscape. I would've made the sidewalks not as wide, though, in comparison to everything else. I think that will fix the perspective issue.

The anatomy study is nice, really has a sense of weight and mass to it. Bridgman by any chance?

Until next time, keep it up!
    Cheers!
    "Wigga Wigga Nutshire"
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    ditchman: Haha, I love purple too. I abuse the shit out of it . Yeah, that barman is in the garbage, i hate him, .

Immortal: Hey man, thanks for the hugge crit, you really caught up eh, haha. Ive never heard of Silmarillion before, so i'll be sure to check it out. Will probably help with the building of my world.

About the knight and dragon, yeah, i failed, haha, i got the knight to look at the dragon, but the dragon wasnt looking back, and by the end i was like "fuck it..im done", and thats where we are now! lmao. And he wasnt supposed to be enraged. It was more of a comical thing, i tried to get more of a smirk out of the dragon due to the fact that the knight has no chance, and he decided to wear fur, making the path to his death even shorter, lol.

On the bartender person, i caught the arm problem early on, but then i gave up on it as a whole, so its staying like that until one day when i care to touch it again. (probably wont happen).
    The cityscape is crap, llol, i hate it, but i need to do them if i want to actually make something that looks like a city in the future.

Oh, and you're dead on about the studies. Bridgeman it is sir!

Okayz. Heres a WIP. Its 5:32am here and im still on the internet like a loser...wow...That has nothing to do with my art, so i dont know why i mentioned it.

Heres my update pplzz.
    Attachment 494620

Thanks
    Hopefully you've heard of Lord of the Rings? Well, basically the same author who formed the Lord of the Rings (JRR Tolkien), authored the Silmarillion. The Silmarillion is basically like the history text book of the Lord of the Rings. It's really hard to read. It took me a couple months, even though its about 300 pages long. More or less it really wears out your brain to read it. But, it is a good read and would really help you build your world I think.
    "Wigga Wigga Nutshire"
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Lol, of course I know the LoTR. Heh, I havent been living under a rock. But the history book for it? Er....doesnt sound all that exciting anymore...lol.

I did 2 pages of sketches today, then my scanner stopped working! So i'll try to get the rest up tomorrow. I like the one on the left. I tried to fix up the right one, but theres a lot of problems....blah.
    Attachment 496027

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast