Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Seage ~ Fantasy Portfolio

Thanks
    Gosh, I love you guys, giving me so much company. Keeps me motivated

davekang: Thanks a lot man. Hopefully I can keep you coming back!

p sage: lmfao. That gave me a good laugh Of "great" comic book inks? Im flattered! I don't think im on that level yet, heh. Those guys are true masters. Thanks a lot!!

ditchman: Thanks a lot mate!

Cacodaemonia: Thank you. Yeah, she was quite excited to be outside the front of the house, haha. All the kids were in the street that day. Thanks about the inks too

Ohhhkay. So I had a drawing from a bit ago of some girl with horns on her head, and I dont know why, but I started painting it. Started by inking her like i did the last piece, but keeping in mind that I wanted to render elements too. Also leaving the pencil in there for texture. Then i went in with a base color and layed it downzzz, and actually blocked in the shadows with a hard brush, then blended it kinda, with a oily type brush. Still going.

Just typing this all out for myself, kind of like a process record, to see how i was thinking. because this is too much fun to forget,

WIP1
    Attachment 758912

WIP2
    Attachment 758913

Will update later.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Heres the final.
    I used paint tool sai for most of it. For inking and used the brush tool with a bristly brush for painting. First time lol

Anyways, would love to get torn apart and critted to death.

Thanks
    nice, the balance looks a lot better - I'm not to keen on the blurry elements though
    Diggin' the Ditch?

Thanks
    I agree with ditchann - the blurred parts don't work for me, especially since I can still see some pencil texture or jpeg compression in the design parts. The image as a whole is quite crisp and high-contrast, so I would suggest tightening up all the blurred areas and letting the image be a bit more flat.
    --
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    ditchman: Thank you. I've always loved the digital blur look. Personal preference thing I guess.

Cacodaemonia: Ah. As I said to ditch, its more of a pref thing to use that blur. I've always liked the look. And about the pencil, I actually left it in for texture. I think I should make the blur more gradual though. That would make it look more subtle and less like i just slapped the filter on top.

WIP from the octo person thingy drawing.

Attachment 761300

Thanks
    Erk. I should be asleep. But I slept all day due to a migrane...that I still have =.=

Anyways, just a page of studies, as i left the others at my friends house (I use a clipboard instead of a sketchbook). And a little painting thing for tonight. I was looking through my SB and saw a post where Clochette told me I should do the whole "less is more" approach. Since I had added a super busy background to a piece. So heres to that, lol. Im further along, but SAI doesn't want to save as my computers low on memory, so this is what i saved last...too lazy to reset Chrome.
    Attachment 763170
    Attachment 763171

Thanks
    Okayyyy. I really have to stop updating in the middle of the night. No one sees!

Yeah, so I have my sketch thing finished now. I saved 2 versions. One with texture and some shape on the tree, and another with it flat. Not too sure not too sure. I like elements from both and I think i should take a little from both and find a healthy balance. I would love to get opinions guys. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Nice studies... and the chick with the split face in a tree looks cool. Perspective on her dress looks a little strange, though. It's shaped like a cone... you could probably easily work that out.
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    I prefer the second one, though I'm not a huge fan of the red shadows on the branch - they're quite distracting, since there isn't much red elsewhere in the image. The witch design is quite cool. Also, I think she needs to be casting more of a shadow on the branch.
    --
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Thanks you two.
    p sage. What exactly do you mean about the dress? I mean, it IS cone shaped, do you mean its leaning back too much or something?

Cacodaemonia: Yeah. See, I tried to get the red into the highlight of the dress a little bit. But I guess not enough. Do you think If i went back in and added some like accessories to the dress, that would balance it out? And you're totally right about the shadow. Not too sure If I want to add it though. For 'design' reasons. As I wasn't really going for accuracy.

Wow, i'm really starting to sound like i'm giving a billion excuses...o.o; Sorry guys. I really AM taking in what you say, and applying it to my new work. But i'm also going against the flow to try some strange things in my pieces now. Maybe I'll get back on track soon, maybe I'm totally derailed, haha. Who knows. But everything you say, I take in. So thank you. (I dont want you all running around thinking im ungrateful, because thats not the case at all)

Thanks
    A doodle.
    Was supposed to be more simple, lol oops.
    Anatomy hit the fan. I dont even know....lol.

Studies soon guys. I promise!

Attachment 768305

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seage View Post
    Thanks you two.
    p sage. What exactly do you mean about the dress? I mean, it IS cone shaped, do you mean its leaning back too much or something?
    Without seeing the ground plane, it's hard to say. If you look just at the girl, the dress looks ok. But seeing it in context of the branch and the moon only, it looks like the perspective is off.

What I mean by cone is that cones are simple to draw in perspective. Since the dress is of that shape, it should be a simple fix.

Then again, maybe once the ground-plane is in it will look better.
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Yeah, maybe some darker red touches on the outfit would help.

I like what you're doing with the skin tones in this latest one.
    --
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

-Mary Hollinshead

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast