Art: New to concept art and digital painting

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New to concept art and digital painting

Hello, i am new to this site, and i am also new to digital painting and concept art.

I am a pencil artist but i just recently bought a wacom tablet and ive really wanted to take my art to the next level by doing digital painting.

I would apreciate every kind of help offered, because im a begginer at this stuff.

I know about some stuff, like blending (even though im horrible at it),but i dont know much, because i have had nowhere to learn it from but trial and error of just messing around.

Some things im absolutely horrible at are: choosing colors for the pallete, actually painting, techniques, and coming up with the creativity to create my own original peice. All of my art is of a reference picture, just looked at and drawn. I have no creativty nor inspiration whatsoever, and i was wondering if i could get that boosted somehow.

I would especially apreciate things like practices...what i mean by that is, well....like ive seen one for blending and people would just paint pictures of apples for practice and post them so they can be critiqued. Kind of like excercises i guess... Please tell me if i am making sense with this point.

Thank you very much for taking your time for this thread, and all help will be apreciated.

-MBM

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check this entire thread out: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81332
    Also, start a sketchbook thread here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41
    Post work and you'll get feedback. It might take a bit of time since you're new here, but if you keep posting you'll keep getting more comments and feedback. Be patient, be open to criticism, learn and soak up as much as possible. Some people have been on the forums for 5 years or so, and if you've seen some people on here they've gone from beginner to Pro in 2 years or less through dedication and lots of hard work.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 1