Sketchbook: My Sketchbook Critiques are Free, Getting Better PRICELESS
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My Sketchbook Critiques are Free, Getting Better PRICELESS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow My Sketchbook Critiques are Free, Getting Better PRICELESS

Hello I am going to try something here. I am doing a few pieces a week and am going to bulk upload them each week into this thread. This week there are 4. I want them all critiqued and hope to get positive reinforcement with each negative comment.

Elf Guarding Bridge

El Raptor El Champion

Tamarin Monk

Druid With Tiger

JANUARY 17 2008
    New stuff

Sabretooth

Voldemort on WOW

Dinosaurs

Deinonychus

Oviraptor

Parasauralophus

Last edited by TitanLP2001; January 20th, 2008 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're going to need to do some anatomy studies if you want to progress. Just to name one issue.

xainy is offline Pitifully Predictable Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, I can only really critique one thing and know what I'm talking about, so I will...

Your tiger's head shape is more wolflike. Tigers have a sort of ruff around their heads like you've drawn, but it's more rounded.

My "wolf" looks kind of foxish and my drawing is kind of sucky in general, but this might help? Little things like this will help distinguish species when you're drawing animals.
    Basically, I think your tiger's head could be a bit wider/broader at the top. I think.
    Hope I helped instead of being completely incoherant and confusing. ):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BalanceSheet View Post
    You're going to need to do some anatomy studies if you want to progress. Just to name one issue.
    Ok could you be more detailed

and Xainy thanks. I was at lunch and had no reference and just quick points. I should have known better as I used to draw a lot of big cats. And you were helpful and coherent. I like knowing whats wrong and not just "Hi, Anatomy, Bye".

xainy is offline Pitifully Predictable Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Big cats are possibly my favorite thing to draw. : D I have a lot of fun with them.
    But I'm glad I was helpful! I'm always worried people will think I'm full of crap when I try to critique. P:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Posting every week. Thats a great way to improve both skill and self discipline. I tip my hat to you sir!

Though i think you would do better to post a thread like this in the sketchbook section of these forums. Thats what they are for after all.

Also, if its useful criticism your after, i would choose to post one piece at a time. You want to make it as easy as possible for people to leave a comment. If they have to make 4 different points about 4 pieces with quadruple the number of problems they may be more inclined to save their typing fingers.

...my humble and uneducated opinion.

-Nate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    If they have to make 4 different points about 4 pieces with quadruple the number of problems they may be more inclined to save their typing fingers.

Exactly. One at a time please.
    Anatomy was just a general problem with all of them, especially the last two. I don't know if you're going for a more cartoony look or whatnot, but some basic principles of perspective and human proportions would help here, especially when your wizard's arms appear to be as long as his legs, and your monk has no torso.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok. Thanks Mute. I will post here (and Drawingboard.org) as I finish pieces so you great people who are helping me with the criticism can critique as it progresses. I posted here because I thought Sketchbook was just for sketches and I was after criticism of fully inked images.

Balancesheet: I see what you mean the druid almost has Gibbon Proportions as compared to the human he is supposed to be. The Monkey Monk I can see now has not much of a torso, I just overlooked it cause I was happy that I finally got around to doing backgrounds in all my work. Thank Will Terrell for the BG's cause his favorite criticism as I am drawing is "You know what this needs... A Background.

Ok torsos and arms I need to lookout for the proportions, and the updates need to be single images as I finish them to save finger bones. OK will do, see you next image.

How can I get this moved?

Last edited by TitanLP2001; January 11th, 2008 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up elf picture

the elf looks like his junk is humongous. He's got a very larg bulge in his pants. Keep posting as often as possible. You're very talented and deserve to show te world.
    -Dreamflyer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You don't have to necessarily move this thread to the Sketchbook section. Just Start a sketchbook thread and continue posting your weekly pictures there instead of here.

Then again if you just have to move this one you could contact an administrator and they would probably be happy to do it for you.

...my humble and uneducated opinion.

-Nate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I moved this to the Sketchbook section. It is ok to post multiple images in the same thread--I think the people above are just suggesting to space the posts out more in order to give people a chance to comment on one at a time.

Sketchbooks also don't have to contain only sketches. They are more just a collection of your work over time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know it was going to be a weekly thread but I have had some family and other issues get in the way of art. I will try for this week though.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.