Sketchbook: Please Help Me Keep Tabs On My Art And Improve? - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please Help Me Keep Tabs On My Art And Improve?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Done, 1/22/08

Forgot these two, a contour and the beginnings of me following along with a digi painting video. The colors are much more balanced than my other stuff. I'll post the rest when its done.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lookin good! I like the muscle study!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

1/24/08-1/27/08

Flakpost-Thanks, I've been trying to improve with that digital painting. I can't really tell but I think Im making some progress.

These are all from the apast few days, a mixture of sketches, studies and experiments, there are some custom brushes I used in a couple of the pics; but I can't remember who made them so I guess...copyright of the creator? They should name them and mark them properly so people remember who they are. But if you see this and you made the brush, thanks. THey are great!

Oh on the inks...I didn't know not lifting a pen was harder than lifting one!

Building-An assignment from B-Nine to help me with values. I think that it is helping I have three more of these studies to do after this one and I am enjoying it very much. The proportions are off so I have to fix that.

Guy in a suit-Character of my buddy Nick. Just playing with what I am learning from the piece of B-Nine's assignments learning values...his neck is WAY too dark I see. Just noticed that.

Countor Sketches- The part of Labruyere's assignment, I am to do some of figures in posemaniacs though. Sorry teach I am on it. (I know, I experiment too much hehe )

Monk, Demon Woman, Rock Monster- Playing with color. and on the monk and demon woman, did value study first. Demon lady is inspired by my buddy Nick's style, very expressive line and detail work in his stuff. His artwork has a raw aggressive feel to it, uses a lot of inks.

Last edited by king_scribbles; January 28th, 2008 at 12:16 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stopped by your book to check it out. I'm really enjoying the dome piece, things like that will really help you with your work. Keep up those anatomy sketches, you'll improve rapidly with steady work on those.

Looking forward to the thumbnails! btw... don't spend too much time on them heh, they're thumbnails!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stopped by your book to check it out. I'm really enjoying the dome piece, things like that will really help you with your work. Keep up those anatomy sketches, you'll improve rapidly with steady work on those.

Looking forward to the thumbnails! btw... don't spend too much time on them heh, they're thumbnails!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awsome landscape there.. keep pumping it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree, your landscape/architecture study comes together very well. There's good range in your values, and the darks pop--that's my favorite part, I love the texture created by "popping" dark values.

I love the old man with the staff and the red rock creature. You use Painter X? I'm a complete newbie to that program. I plan to do more work in it, but I'm wondering do you have any suggestions on how to get started? There are soooooo many brush variants and papers and textures, oh my!

Keep it up, it's awesome to see you produce so much--it's an inspiration! Draw, draw, draw!

Last edited by CecelyV; February 6th, 2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: on second thought...
    The Only Way Out, Is Through.

Sketchbook Journeys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking 1/28/2008-2/8/2008

Teachers B-9 and LAB: I know I have a couple rendered figures to go and one b+w thumb. I will upload as soon as I am back in town. I just got really sick this past week and started a new job; but no sweat. I am still doing work everyday. I have some ideas for next assignment. Look to our mentor thread for exclusive assignment uploads. (Or here but there is ONLY for assignments so I make sure I put assignments there.)

Last edited by king_scribbles; March 3rd, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heya mister scribbles!

They're looking good! Try to watch the lines. Your anatomy studies do show how the lines have to go but they aren't 100% correct. If you see a mistake in your drawings force yourself to studie that part extra hard with the next study. For example if you see a line in the leg going wrong focus on the leg then with the next study

Looking forward to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, Lab, I got some examples of the excersize and I see where my main problem is with it. Im redoing the excersizes that you and 9 gave me and submitting them on Thurs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cold-Thanks, hehe, it's a little off its one of 9's assignments. Ill have another on Thursday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gone For A While

Art is on the back burner for now, with my wedding and classes and work I just don't have much time, I'm letting go of my tutoring and that's bad so just wanted to give a thanks to Lab and 9 for those lessons, I think I started to get them.

I wont be posting until after my wedding probably. Take care everybody.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Congratulations!

king scribbles, Congrats on your wedding ^_^

Married life is awesome! I have the most awesome husband in the world ^_^
    Best wishes to you and your mate!

The Only Way Out, Is Through.

Sketchbook Journeys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.