View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • CallOps

0 0%
  • N D Hill

1 0.91%
  • Cloister

5 4.55%
  • Apocalypse_Rex

14 12.73%
  • PutridusCor

0 0%
  • benu

1 0.91%
  • Sovereign

0 0%
  • SPipes

2 1.82%
  • bigmikey

3 2.73%
  • gatling

9 8.18%
  • Peg

3 2.73%
  • xgabo

7 6.36%
  • Lege1

0 0%
  • artistpavel

0 0%
  • VegasMike

19 17.27%
  • Lander

1 0.91%
  • Thalion

4 3.64%
  • Paul Kang

2 1.82%
  • Frumpy Dog

0 0%
  • Azathoth

0 0%
  • Anthis

3 2.73%
  • scorge

12 10.91%
  • jfwalls

19 17.27%
  • Samolo

1 0.91%
  • Chelette

1 0.91%
  • Michael Jaecks

3 2.73%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Thanks
    Thanks jfwalls, Anthis
    Next time (or "times") I'll work with that problem of mine, the damn smooth
    From my description
    "the Glacier Terror uses his teeth filled tentacles to cut trough thick ice at incredible speeds."

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the incredible feedback. Its really awesome getting something valuable from people who inhabit my inspiration folders.

Thanks
    I went for jfwalls cos his design looked uniquw to the ice. Plus I can imagine that thing in a horror movie.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UCT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I had a tough time deciding between xgabo's and jfwall's entries. Eventually I went with the latter's because his glacier terror really left an impression right off the bat. It's practically got "terror" written all over it, from the texture on its body to the ghostly expression on its face. jfwall gets my vote.

Thanks
    Argh! Moving house and realising my dissertation is due in 2 weeks distracted me, will finish my idea at some point though, and be back attempting more COWs as soon as I can Anthis got my vote because I liked the creatures form and the composition of the whole piece
    get better or die trying....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atastrophea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Not to be a tattle tale or anything but I noticed N D Hill voted for himself. Isn't that against the rules?

Thanks
    I just want to thank all of you who took the time to critique my creature. I am really trying my best to get myself up to par with this whole digital thing. I desperately trying to achieve the more painterly style and stop with the graffiti like cartoony antics of things. I feel like my mind is permanently branded to think and do things a certain way because of all the years in the street as a spraypaint soldier and graffiti artist. If any of you have any type of advice, tutorials, or recommendations that you think could hoist me out of the hell of an art world that I've created for myself I would be very thankful. Feel free to private message away if you think you can help me out a bit. Thanks all and again, great thread.
    much love,
    -=Lege

Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 509 Posts
    Callops: This one had a lot of potential. Too bad it's not finished. Plus the focus should be more on the creature rather than the northern lights. Kick ass job on the bears.
    NDHill:Very cool, very different. Too blurry. Love the mucus idea, but I think the highs and lows could be a little sharper.
    Cloister: Really lovin' everything from the legs up. Eyes seem a little blank, even if they're white, they should have something. Otherwise, great job buddy!
    Rex: I'm not sure where you got the idea that you wouldn't fit in around here, but it's like you've been here the whole time, slowly but surely asserting yourself . I wish I could see the rest of him, and despite his size and jaws, he doesn't look that terrifying to me. I think it's the eye. Maybe. Anyway, long story short, you got my vote for an awesome idea and picture. Keep it up man! I'll do my best to keep up with you if I can.
    Putriduscor: Very interesting. You've got two pictures there that appear as if they were done by different artists. The small swimming version is great, and me being a person who loves to draw things twice for some reason, the same can't be said for the large dramatic version. I would say focus on the design more next time and the inclusion of a story line after the guy is living and breathing.
    Benu: Great medium, looks like watercolor. Creature is cool too. Needs more highlights.
    Sovereign: Hey, you just finished the next cow and you didn't even know it yet! Awesome colors and textures. Really digging it.
    SPipes: Have to admit, this is one of the more confusing anatomies I've seen. Hard to tell what's coming and where it's going. I respect the ambitiousness of your image though and the lighting is pretty good. Good job on the glacier as well.
    BigMikey:Looks a little rough and the back leg is tough to read. Sweet mouth parts and the vision thing is great.
    Gatling: All I can say is EPIC. Love this one. Second place to you my friend.
    Peg: Glad to see your back with that killer style. This image actually gives me an eerie feeling similar to the one when I saw Jaws for the first time.
    XGabo: Terrifying indeed! Right arm and left leg are in need of some attention though. You also get second place with me.
    Lege1: You're getting it man. You'll be surprised how quickly you learn around here. You should also know that one of my best friends in college was a superb graffiti artist, which in turn made him one of the best artists I've seen with his style and he was doing stuff similar to this. Practice. Don't try to unlearn what you know, make it your bitch, and show it who's boss.
    Artistpavel: A little too abstract. Nice image though. Freaky.
    VegasMike: Crazy and sickeningly good as always! By the way, I tried liquify, and my computer exploded trying to figure it out. Works for you though!
    Lander: You already know what's wrong with it so I won't waste our time with crits. But I do have to ask, what the hell were those guys doing?(the humans). Fishing?
    Thalion: Very nice. A little crowded, and his tail is growing out of his haunch, but still cool.
    Paul Kang: Love the line art on this. Could use some scale reference.
    Azathoth: Whole lot of scribbling going on there. Where's the lightsource? Think about anatomy and weight distribution as well.
    Anthis: Great idea. I'm pretty sure I'd crap my pants right before it gulped me down, or sucked out my juices or whatever it does.
    Scorge: Who let this idiot in here?
    JFWalls: Beautiful mood atmosphere drama and terror. To be honest, not a fan of the idea. Oh, and thanks for the crit. Good luck!
    Samolo: Some contrast would really help out here. What you've got so far is looking good but the neck appears as though it should cross over the shoulder.
    Chelette: More spooky than anything. Rough around the edges if you know what I mean. Pretty neat concept nonetheless. And that signature is one of the coolest I've seen.
    MJ: Have to admit this one looks a little rushed for you. Especially after the phenomenal job on the last two. Looking forward to your tar dragon though. I'm going to have to think real hard to try and compete! See you there.

Hopefully that's everybody. This was one action packed round. Thanks to everyone who voted for me and I'll be seeing you in the 107.
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    scorge:They are climbing. There is no water but snow and ice. They are up in the mountains. Fishing... (that hurt)
    Sculpt some more.
    My path of learning (sb)
    What I do
    wellander.com
    Where I sell my sculptures
    Galleri Hantverket
    Where I have my studio
    Bryggeriet

Thanks
    My vote went to jfwalls. Great in concept and execution. Close seconds were A.Rex: Great image, I would like to see more of it's body, and vegasMike: Great creature, though I felt it was more iceberg than glacier.

A lot of great entries this time.Thanks for the C&C for those who commented on mine. I agree the head is too big and the back leg is hard to read.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 509 Posts
    Climbing. That's what I meant to say. Did I say fishing? Silly me. Somebody switched around the keys on my keyboard.
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 724 Posts
    jfwalls; True ;[ Realized that near the end and gave it some little twists but I was already too far in. Thanks!
    Lander; No problem, think critting each other is important in these activities. And you can learn from other people's work.
    PutridusCor; np, yea I somehow missed that part in your description ;P
    Atastrophea; Thanks for that! Took me quite a while to figure the composition, and even now I can see loads of things I could have done better. Appreciated.
    scorge; Hah, yea. It's more "evil predator" than "terror" now that I take a second look though.

Went with jfwalls in the end, over VegasMike. Although I'm very impressed by the design and rendering of the latter, I think the 'terror' label fits jfwalls' creature most.

Take a look at my Website!

Thanks
    I usually don't crit that much since I have a hard time asking myself the right questions.
    Sculpt some more.
    My path of learning (sb)
    What I do
    wellander.com
    Where I sell my sculptures
    Galleri Hantverket
    Where I have my studio
    Bryggeriet

Thanks
    Vote Jfwalls – love this image composition, colours very sick
    Vegasmike - very cool creature
    Peg - lighting and colours

Thanks
    Scorge... I had to vote for yours mate...

I swear that thing has chased me through my dreams before!
    Though the mighty battle rages on...
    Those left behind are lost...
    When only distant echoes of explosions are to be heard...
    They will attempt to cry out...

Such cries cannot even be made, for incapable, they are...
    Yet through my own eye flow the streams from thier souls...

They will dwindle away til not a memory remains...
    And until that day my tears fall only for they.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5