Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Iam doodeling (update 15/01)

Hello there!
    My name is Pieter, I'm a 20 year old graphic design student from the Netherlands with an interrest in illustration.

What I'm posting now is all Photoshop made work But I'll scan some blackbook drawings ASAP.

Critique me!

P.S. I added a flyer though its not an illustration it could be seen as a little illustrative.. perhaps :p.
    Last edited by IamPeter; January 14th, 2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: wanted better tread pic

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Boff, this already looks really cool. The first one is really impressive and adore the warm colors of the sky in the forth one. Looks like you know pretty well how to use a program to get a painting the way you want it to be. (?)

One this body-study looks a bit weird to me. The upper but looks a bit too huge compared with it's lower part. Due to lack of knowledge of proportion of the human body I can only share my feeling here.

Anyway. Hope to see more of your work.

Thanks
    wow this is very nice work! great first post!
    ~questioning sanity since 1984~
    my portfolio website: http://susanoleinik.com
    my sketchbook: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96316

Thanks
    Awesome stuff, anatomy is the key, on your PS'd black and while male the legs seem narrow, and lacking mass!

Fantastic stuff!!!

Thanks
    Hey thanks for the replies.

anatomy is indeed my big weekness. the big PS guy on the end is from some time ago, i'll might correct it sometime.
    Also his right arm is attacht in a weird way I see now :p.

anyway here's a few from my sketchbook from maby the past 2-3 month.

Thanks
    Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook! Your stuffs pretty good, I especially like how experimentive you are with expressions and the wizard in the hallways is very nice. Dont really have any critiques right now, just keep em coming.

Thanks
    Thank for stopping by my sketchbook!
    Nice sketchbook you have going here, try to do some anatomic study like you did with the hand (love it btw)

Sketchbook
    All critics/comments are much appriciated

Thanks
    hey thanx.
    Yeah anatomy needs more attention, (thats why the guy in the first pic is in a cape ) I'll try to do some new studies comming week.

thanks for stopping by.

Thanks
    Iampeter, you look like you have a great start going. Like everyone else has said anatomy is something that you should focus on at the moment but also I think you should look into the Golden Triangle rule when it comes to compositions which could help make your compositions have more balance, but keep in mind that it is only a part of what makes a good composition. For the anatomy you might be interested in getting the poser program as that will get you some nice virtual models to use as references when you are not in class.

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.

Thanks
    I like the paintings. The Spartan is my favorite I think. The studies are looking pretty good. You should post more paintings, too.

Thanks
    Good to know I'm not the only one who draws his/her own left hand. But yours look pretty cool. Just this fist seen from above (right bottom of the page) looks a bit strange.

But the most fascinating one of this pages is the 3rd one. That's really cool. o.O Makes me wanna take out my sketchbook and practise. *hehe*

Thanks
    As the other artists said, you should practice anatomy. Not that yours is bad, its only that every artist need to practice it.
    I would recomend you to try drawing some circles, try to loosen up your hand a little, you'll see how fun and useful it is!

Keep it up man!

Thanks
    Hey all.

@ Ito Saith Webb: Looked up the golden triangle thing, I remember it from art history, using the classics sure is usefull for composition.
    Dont know the poser programs, will google it. thanks!

@ Naastika - Thanks! I will.

@gedankenfrei - hey thanks, I put an old paper texture over the third one, thats probably it :p.

@ Carbono - thanks, the drawing circles is a good one! I somethimes have messy sketches (I just dont show them here )

Anyway, I tried painting over a black&white sketch and use things like overlay/vivid light. It gives a different look
    (It's supposed to be a snowboarder with a silly hat)

Thanks
    Pretty cool stuff. I can't wait to see how your anatomy studies turn out, but I was thrilled by some of the stuff here. This is from another 20 year student, with interest in illustration as well. Keep posting!
    _lalovergel_
    I consider it a challenge before the whole human race, and I ain't gonna lose.
    Welcome!(Sketchbook)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115243

Thanks
    hi there,

i don't really have anything to add to all the great advice your getting to be honest, just start the anatomy studies, i recommend andrew loomis or george bridgman.

keep working at it.
    'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast