Not satisfied
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Not satisfied

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Not satisfied

After watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" I sort of felt like drawing. I started yesterday evening and it might have taken me about 6 to 7 seven hours. Guess I haven't spend this much time for a digital pic before. But as always I didn't get the form the way I wanted to (I have this problem with both pencil and tablet), but the skin really gave me a headache... o.O

Have to add, that I've just started to try on digital painting ... :-S

I'm not satisfied at all, but I cannot tell what's disturbing me (beside the form). Maybe you have some suggestions?

Orlando Bloom alias Will Turner
    (Pirates of the Caribbean 3)

painted with Photoshop

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gedankenfrei; January 6th, 2008 at 05:17 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm. One thing I might suggest just as a bit of an exercise is to break the face down into a series of geometric plains. That's a huge help for understanding how your light source falls. In general, don't be afraid to make your edges and angles steeper. Especially in the recess which should define where the nose begins and the cheek or eye-socket end.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the mouth seems a bit twisted towards the side, try to line the 'bow' of lips up underneath the septum of the nose. his left eye socked doesn't seem to have much depth around the eye itself, either. maybe throw some more definition with hard shading in there? the dark spot in his cheek perhaps could be lightened too.

hehe i was always inspired of pirates too, i tried a version of tia dalma. such inspiring movies...

[please excuse my sometimes bad english]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much vor commenting. I'll keep your advices in mind. Hope they'll help me to draw more realistic faces next time. Thanks a lot!

@ coffinberry - I tried other characters before, too (traditional way). But you're right, Tia Dalma truely is an interesting character to draw. First I wanted to draw one of Davy Jone's Crew, but in the end decided for a little less difficult motive. O=)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.