Commando
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Commando

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Commando

I DRAWN IT FOR EXERCISE, SO, THERE AREN'T ANY DETAILS, BUT GENARLLY I THINK IT'S OK.

Last edited by thr0atcutter; January 6th, 2008 at 01:03 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there

Theres some proportional issues, his torso is too short and the way his left arm is positioned makes it look like he has no upper arm. I think the value structure needs to be stronger.. aka the shadows need to be darker. Also check out some reference photos of really buff guys and try to emulate the way the shapes work together.. the abdominal muscles arent just lines drawn onto the torso. So keep those kinds of things in mind. Also it seems like the background was a photograph that you just filled with green to make a silhouette. It clashes with the softness of the figure. So either A. increase the sharpness of the figure in the foreground with sharper edges. Not just the contour, but within the figure as well. His face is very blurry. or B. Make the background softer. Atmospheric perspective comes into play here. The further something is away from the viewer, the softer its edges are going to be.

Also make the pose a little more practical. Would you hold your arm up in that awkward position while pointing a gun at someone?

This is a decent start. Spend a little more time on it, fix some of the things I mentioned and it should improve it a bit. Just keep working, keep drawing and dont give up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, acctually, I just started to work in Photoshop and stuff, so I still have some problems with shadows, sharpness, and stuff. I know how to work in Photoshop, but I just need some practice and more experiance. Thank you for your comment, and help. I apreciate it

Looking for a job!

Mail me: thr0atcutter@net.hr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Draw From Life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man,

Nice my friend. I have a few tid bits of advice to speed up your artistic endevors if you'd like. First, like Mingoth said, draw from life, actually just spend ALOT of time drawing period before you jump head first into photoshop. There's no point to paint something if you can't visualize it well to begin with, so start by drawing like mad every day. Look through the forum at the sketch book section, and learn about light and shadow, and how light makes your forms come to life. If you want to do muscle bound dudes, take a look at some anatomy books, there's stuff on the net too. Biggest tip for a beginer, and we all are beginers at some point, is just to draw your ass off. I've got a long way to go my self, so I take what others have learned before me, and try to apply it to my work. Good start, keep it up.

Cya

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.