Sketchbook: Nibras' [Lilnebo] Sketchbook - Still wanting to work for Massive Black someday - Page 6
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: -

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • -

0 0%
  • -

0 0%
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Nibras' [Lilnebo] Sketchbook - Still wanting to work for Massive Black someday

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there lilnebo,

I've just looked through your entire sketchbook, and I can see a very definate improvement from start to finish. Now that you're using a pencil rather than just trying to draw digitally from the off your work looks so much better.

It's great that you are trying to study anatomy too. I read that because of your age and religion your father doesn't really like you studying naked photos of people? Well I can kind of see where he's coming from and I guess it cant be easily avoided. But don't worry too much, you can still make a lot of progress without looking at pictures of naked people. You can focus more on that when you're older. There are plenty of other areas to focus on, like tone, light, perspective, value...the list goes on.

I can see that you are mainly trying to draw characters/people at the mo. Maybe try doing a few still lifes of random objects that interest you too? I remember doing a lot of these during school and it helped me a lot. I didn't get to experience my first life drawing class until the age of sixteen, and that was because the school arranged it to help us with our G.C.S.E exam. They then got us life models during A-levels too. So I'm sure if you continue to persue your passion for art, you will eventually get to draw some nudes to help you with your anatomy.

Take it easy girly and keep working hard,

Cx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 645 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Some stuff i realised i really don't have any inspiration at all not ideas nothing 0, so i was wondering if you guys could give me some thoughts/ideas where you get your ideas from any websites you look at for good refernce any thing like that help would be really great.
    Some stuff is in pen and others are just rushed doodles but still just some drawing and ideas. I draw everyday atleast very least 2 hours and this is just what i come up with doodles most of the time i spend trying to think of iddeas or things to draw aggggggggh no imagenation
    help pleaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee!!Name:  Alotofideas.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  alot of faces.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  bodyandface.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  sideview.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  30.6 KB

Name:  Doodlespractise.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  44.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lawl no comments well heres a face i done in about:
    the first one with pen in 10mins
    the second one with a pen in less than 4mins
    Just some quick updates before i go out
    posty more late when i have time
    Name:  facerender.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  111.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, inspiration is a tricky one at times. I think quite a few artists have moments where they stumble a bit and wonder 'well what do I do now, and what direction shall I take this in?" But as long as you keep drawing as much as possible as you are now then things will just happen eventually and come together, you'll see.

However if you really do need a small kick up the a*se then perhaps try starting a mini project of your own. For example lets say in character development.

1) Take a character from a book/game/film that you like but think lacks certain features/substance that would make them your idea of 'perfect'.

2) Now take that chatacter and research them a bit, draw them as they already are.

3) Next, start to disect them and think 'How could I improve upon them?' Brainstorm some ideas.

4) Then evolve the old character into a new improved one, your own take on how you think they would be better. This could just be a change in costume, or a complete make over pysically!

This should keep you motivated for a while, and then you wont be short of inspiration! It's also a superb way of starting to think how a conceptual artist thinks. I do this sort of thing from time to time when I'm not sure on what I want to do next with my art anyway, it seems to help keep me going until I find a new idea to get going on.

Hope that helps a little hun!

Cx

UnSharpened is offline The most terrible enmy is my lazyness... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you can spend a little more time on a single image. The lines are still a little bit messy for me. The suggestion from Chermilla is a good one I think, the reason why I said this is that I would like to see a whole figure or character rather than "segments" of the character. I am not quite sure what I meant is clearly, but I guess "completeness" is the point I would like to stress on all in all.

DrawDrawDraw!!

It should always be bore in one's mind that he must be responsible for his life........

Welcome to My !!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey whats up, I've seen you around here and thought I'd stop by. I think if I could give you one thing to work on, it would be the same thing that people are telling me to work on, tone.

Tone, as in how dark of light things are. The best way to acomplish this as I've been able to tell is go outside while its sunny, find some things with very definate shadows and draw them. I like to find things that are simple shapes like blocks and spheres because that is what things from imagination get based off, and imagination seems to be what your interested in. When your drawing them break it down into two groups, the side that is being shown light and the side that is in shadow. Start with just 2 tones, but not black and white, more like light and dark. Learn to identify shadows and fill those areas or even try to outline the point where the shadow begins to occure I like to hatch them cause its fast and you see results fast. Try this out, and then when your bored of doing just 2 tones move on to 4, two tones for the shadowed side two for the light side. You have the fire, but you need to focus on fundamentals. By doing this you will be much happier with your creative pieces I promise.

SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick update for today Need to do more life drawings they look good and teach alot.Name:  Bloakcs.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  Lateststudies.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  Mangettingkilled.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  Walkinguy.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  Anatomypractise.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  302.0 KB

Name:  HatchANdrender.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  112.0 KB

Name:  Bridgemanandmind.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  234.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys lawl here i go double posting my self quick morning update before i update again in a couple more hours.
    Chermilla: Wow thanks for taking the time to post this, i'll try this in a couple more days will really help me with chaaracters and seems pretty fun.
    UnSharpened:Yeah i gotta spend more time doing life drawings their aweasome and teach alot. And the half bodies is because i run out of ideas lawl need more inspiration i guess.
    MonkeYoakum: thnks loads for that i'll also try doing more of these am doing a kind of enviro one right now but i'll do more from refernce and life
    RandAlThor: am doing just excactly what your doing lawl liffe studies are pretty good.
    Kvick: thanks for that kvick will be really helpful
    Wow guys thanks for the encouragment really helped me alot and thanks for all the crits keep them coming .
    Am working on this thing so i might update 3, 4 times a day meh it's a pretty long thing of studies and ref drawings but by the time i finish with them i hope to really improve tons.
    Name:  2 women ref.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  30.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, those last pics are great, i see progress in every post, great work!

UnSharpened is offline The most terrible enmy is my lazyness... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet the last figure drawing.
    You got the form right with your shading, well done. You can also try to sharpen your pencil more often, by doing that, you can have more decent line quality I think. The outline is a bit too thick for me.

Nice job.

It should always be bore in one's mind that he must be responsible for his life........

Welcome to My !!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its good that your studying anatomy. it would definitely esp in the proportions and in making more natural poses. your poses still look stiff so do keep it up! ^^

.................................................. .........
    there's only one sun and it travels the world everyday.
    - "there's only one sun" by wong kar wai

.................................................. .........

m y s k e t c h b o o k

m y g a l l e r y

m y b l o g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chermilla:Wow thanks loads for taking the time to share that i really appreciate it and i am going to do this
    UnSharpened: Thanks they are shadeed much better just the stupid scanner is really crap so the shading seems very light but thanks again and will do
    MonkeYoakum:wooo thanks loads i will try that it will really help
    Lotet:THANKS!! glad you like them i need to do more of them lawl
    iamgale:Thanks i know am trying to get them to look less stiff lawl
    sSome doodles some creature for daily sketch group more doodles a really crappy speed drawing all that type of stuff lawl
    I'll update again with more life studies later
    Name:  behindback.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  Death.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  Quickpractise.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  chests.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  CreatureGreenLowro.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  142.1 KB

Name:  doodles.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  47.3 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Some real improvement here

One thing I'd say is to keep doing what you are doing now and leave photoshop alone for a while. Your pencils are improving really fast. My biggest thing would be to keep doing those rendering studies. For a really good value range, leave more areas white, and find the absolute darkest area and make it as black as you can with your pencil. Stay easy on the black though or you can flatten the image. Basically just keep doing what you are doing because there is such massive improvement.

Next time you are low on inspiration draw from life, do a self portrait or one of a family member. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't turn out so good the first time they will become a really fun useful excersize if you work at it. You are the one model always available to yourself.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    With the lecture you gave me it seems like you've got it covered, other than that I like the way you have the anatomy redone like 1000 times. cyah around.

Muzz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it amazing that you're so dedicated to practicing anatomy, and facial structure. I ,myself, and much to lazy to stay consistent doing that. continue doing that, because I'm sure it will pay off.

I'd like to see you work more on the composition and look of your pieces. Try more dynamic poses, have characters interact with each other, try extreme perspectives and make your pictures more visually appealing and stylised. You've got the right idea with practicing the basics, now try a more artistic approach to your pictures.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Miles: Thanks man your one of the biggest i eva gotten TA glad you think i improved, and thanks for the values advice
    Muzz 2k7: i was trying help but since you gone take it that way.... what Eva then, it ain't no lecture and i ain't no pro and if this is what i get for trying help what Eva mate forget it i was actually planning to help you as i can but it seems like you don't really want it.
    Anyways forgetting that mean thing LAWL!!!
    Not much of an update today i spent most of the day trying to think about how face structure worked, its pretty confusing i drew quick skull sketches which cleared things a bit but i need to do more and do a face for each which is what i will do tommorow and am working on a friends portrait which am about to start.
    Thanks again people for the great support.
    The thing with alot of faces is a progress thing am gonne make one each month and see how much i improve i'll try and fill it up every time.It's pretty crap now but i will be good in another 4 months lawl or mabye 8.
    Lawl sorry about the digital doodles i just couldn't help my self this was meant to be for daily sketch group but didn't have time to upload
    Pretty pleased that my speed has improved most of these skulls took a little bit more than 5 mintues
    Name:  SKull.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  Quickcrappy.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  318.2 KB

Name:  BASics.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  skulls.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  37.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, those studies of the eyes look amazing, you've improved sooo much! I know what you mean, I also have to practice a lot with the face, also the hands, feet, legs... so much to do
    Also, the digital sketch has also improved! I'd say its good to do a quick sketch now and again, you can compare it with the last one you did and see how much you've improved. I can't even use the digital progams everyone seems to be using now. great job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spirit: Thanks you very much am flatered ya i know so much to study
    Heres some well doodles nothing much XD need to get started on my friend portrait now just a quick little update before it.
    I realize i really suck very badly because i spent a whole hour trying to draw something that looked good and failed you can see my tried lawl damn it i suck so much.
    Name:  Busfaces.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  Beast.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  Failedattempt.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  13.3 KB

Name:  Failedattempt3.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:  failed attempt2.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  15.1 KB

Name:  Poses.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  23.0 KB

Name:  Experissions.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  23.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know you feel uptight about your work but seriously compare the stuff on this page to the stuff on the last. You put the hours in and it shows in your improvement. It might feel like it hasn't been long when you look at your sketchbook but you have to remember that its only just been two months since you started this sketchbook. Keep this up and in a years time you will see how far you've come. I think it was Elwell who said

Be proud of how far you have come, Be aware of where you are, and Be excited about where you are going.

Keep it up you have the right attitude and you draw a ton, I only expect good things for you in the future. Cya!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All artists feel that they aren't good, and are always critical about their work. Just don't give up! Keep at it, and remember, you can't get everything looking exactly how it does in real life, not even the best artists can do that! Also, everyone is good at art, so you shouldn't put yourself down so much

You've done so much work, just keep on going and you will do amazingly !

PS: thanks for taking the time to stop by my SB, working on those pencils you asked for now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One Quick crappy update try. Its just a sketch thing i tried arms are a bit wrong. I'll be doing more though because am doing requests for people but thier free it just gives me practise and something to do
    Miles: i swear to god i would like die without your support XD
    Spirit: cool i serouisley can not wait to see them, i think this is the beggining of a beautiful friendship XD don't run away
    Crisscross: thanks man yea i really do need to do that my problem is no inspirations Woo can't wait to start these requests gonne be fun lawl atleast something to do
    Name:  ridinsilk.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  164.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Back to anatomy studies still got more to learn gotta stop getting distracted and draw more moaaaaaaaaar lawl yea more anatomy studies to come tomorrow and then more life drawings to come as well XD.
    I suck so much at anatomy it's like embarrassing just guess i have to work harder on it well heres some stuff for today i spent about 3 hours just thinking where everything went
    Name:  Loomisbasicprofile.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  Manikan.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  366.8 KB

Name:  qucikesfromind.jpg
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  smallFigures.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  Stufftoremeber.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  343.7 KB

Name:  airpilot.jpg
Size:  104.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Definite improvement over the first page and what a coincidence
    we're reading the same book haha. Keep it up with the anatomy
    and never give up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stop telling urself everything sucks! there is a lot of improvement already! its not like all the great artists didnt start like this, everybody has to go through the early fases, so just enjoy them keep drawing this much, and keep drawing with pleasure! and dotn frustrate urself too much

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great anatomy studies you've done there! And plenty of them too! In the last picture it really shows that all the effort you've put into anatomy is worth it, just keep going with it, you're doing great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sarxous: Thanks glad you think so lawl i don't really see any improvment XD
    ajvenema: yea i guess so well ok mabye i moved from -5 to 0 lawl know all i need to do is get to 1 XD
    Spirit: awww thank you i really thought that picture sucked it might still have some hope if it wasn't for that stupid right arm
    Alright some more requests for people the samrai looks as if hes about to sit and theres something wrong with his trousers lawl
    The doodles were just to get my mind and hand going kind of random stuff
    then anatomy small amount but helped me like shiiiiizzzzzzz
    And a wip with only base colours lawl
    Please comment and crits peepz ty nd gd nite lawl
    Name:  Samurai.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  Elfmage.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  iDEAS.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  386.3 KB

Name:  Chestsarms.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  59.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ur working fast girl, and ur inproving just as fast, its really amazing to see, ur getting better n better every day.

keep up the good work^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, rapid improvement Don't be too harsh on yourself, you don't have to love the end result but you have to enjoy actually making it

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last anatomy looks good.
    If you are thinking about doing some colour work, I would recommend that start from painting some still life such a fruit. Actually I didn't know how to deal with my colour technique until I've done some more photo studies.

Work hard, and work smart. (Gosh, I wish I could do that.)

Welcome to My !!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Miles: thanks
    Lotet: thank you and hopefully i'll improve even faster
    Unsharpened: XD thanks man you need to get that ass of yours moving although you do draw alot
    Hey guys
    No art today.... i know pretty bad
    Anywayz just thought i'd post to let you know my new plans.

*looking back at this a year or so, maybe not mwhahah*

Last edited by Nibras; July 19th, 2009 at 12:56 PM.

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 27