Sketchbook: Nibras' [Lilnebo] Sketchbook - Still wanting to work for Massive Black someday - Page 19
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: -

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • -

0 0%
  • -

0 0%
Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woow! The torsos are awesome. Your studies are getting better. Keep working hard.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    indeed impressive I would like to see some more hand practice!

Keep it up!

Have a nice day!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe. Cool robots. The shape reminds me of Jetsons one.

Keep doing thoese hand studies .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally updated lilnebo. Hit it up. I'll be back there later today. Nice updates here in this sketch thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know you're gonna be sick by the age of 18....

Good to see you taking it down to studying again. You have a good attitude towards what you're doing, it is inspiring and motivating to see.

Keep up the good work, I'll keep visiting this thread to see you progress, belive that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    updates looking great! keep it up, i like the rendering in the torso piece in post 533, looking really nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its on everyones mind... torso studies are real impressive. well done

I got one of them sketchbooks too dontchaknow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a lot of support I envy you
    but really start doing bunches and bunches of full body gestures and work on the line quality especially
    keep at it and it would be nice to hear from you again
    -jedininja

kidult is offline Does this sketch make my ass look fat? Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great dedication! keep it up!

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!! haha! Keep up the studies!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 645 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Thanks for awesome support guys
    kingko: thank you man
    remmy: sweet link thanks man!
    Envisor: cheers man
    Xinga: thank you!
    Farvus: Thank you
    beelow: thanks bro!
    Lakka: man i have a crap attitude i really do i feel like quitting on every bad art day and i have alot of those. but cheers
    lotet: thank you
    Smucker: thanks man your doing great yourself!
    jedin: thanks man and i will
    kidult: cheers man!
    Why have i not been updating daily this past months?:
    My dad has been hurt
    And the past couple of days i've been at the hospital with my little 5 yo bro whos had surgery but is fine now.
    These reasons have
    a. Been holding me back from progressing alot because i have to spend alot of my time on them
    b. Effected me and my art greatly, so much stress going on i feel like quitting daily, and no looking at people who work hard just doesn't cut it for me i jsut feel like god i can never do as much as them or i'll never be as good as this.
    But what ever, it's all gotta stop if i dont start working hard am wasting my time.
    Starting tommorow on I will update daily no matter whats happining i will update daily. Second thing is that am going to update with atleast 5 pictures a day. So thats at the least 5 quality art works and we'll see where i can go from there. If i dont update on the day then i'll update on the next morning etc etc.
    I got a mechanical pencil :0 lol and a new sketchbook well actully 2
    Heres my list of things to really practise
    Things to practise: Line, Anatomy: Hands, Torsos, Feet, Faces, Rendering, Form, Digital Painting, Gesture, Design
    Things to do for fun: Ocs, black and whites in ps, Thumbnails And character designs

Now crits the hell out of me and all advice is welcome.
    Just took a little bit of a break from anatomy to try different things with a marker and a pen.
    Sorry that its mostly thumbs for today their just great fun and helped me get my motivation back
    Now crits the hell out of me and all advice is welcome.
    First off Enviro thumb studies, yep enviros from ref from photos from artist, except for the 2nd on on the right hand side are from my mind:
    Name:  Envirothumbs.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  22.7 KB
    Name:  envirothumbs2.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  44.7 KB
    And then some feet and some transport or vehicles i love these all you need to do is just put down some simple shapes and forms and then walla build something:
    Name:  Thumbs1.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  41.0 KB
    Name:  Thumbs2.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  15.7 KB
    Name:  thumbs3.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  9.9 KB
    And in my new sketchbook ! a daily character and a character sketch:
    Name:  chara5.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  28.2 KB
    Name:  charasketch.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  11.2 KB

Last edited by Nibras; July 19th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tough times, lilnebo. I hope that things get better for you. Moleskine@hospital? The enviro thumbnail studies is a nice idea.

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow we did the same thing.I also sketched some quick enviroments when i was travelling these days.I think its very helpfull.
    I like the thumbnails you made, and as you progress you will make more and easier.
    About the characters i think that they miss interest.Maybe its because they are closed forms(so try to make them open in space, i mean try another stance that implies more depth)Basically i think a good training will be to continue working on the same character until a good product.For example take the first character you did and keep making him in other stances and with everytime correcting possible anatomy or other mistakes.(A little by little this details will make it professional)
    Try to make those things and pass them to critique center.Follow the critiques that they will tell you and then show us the progress of the same character.

Keep up your good work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    These thumbnails are great. Try to simplify values when doing these. For example just white, gray and black. You'll learn to communicate coplicated scene with simple shapes. I already see that in some thumbnails and that's good.
    I also like the last character sketch. It has much better pose and proportions than previous. You could use more overlapping lines in different places to create depth.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are progressing and i can see it. I will tell you a tip i heard from Bobby Chiu, he sayd that in the begining the most important thing to do is lines, shape,volume. No shadows,coloring and stuff.

Well but i dont realy know , probably you should do some other stuff too.

And keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to hear your having problems at home. ohomoho is right about that. But it's also good to explore before you go head first into your studies. And listen to some Bobby Chiu podcasts, if they don't inspire you, it's hard to say what will. I mean, after listening to one of first podcasts about a week ago, I started the new sketchbook, and I've been studying my ass off so I can improve. The thumbnails are sweet by the way. I need to post the ones I've done. Forgot to subscribe to your thread since I got back to CA. I'll do that now. Hehe, cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey!
    dude just keep at it! youre well on your way! Its nice seeing your progress
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, but im sure things'll turn around

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Definite improvment going on lately. torsos are looking nicer and nicer. Keep doin what your doin!
    *edit* I just read about your home problems, I'm sorry to hear about that, I know how hard times and stress really kill motivation and inspiration. In fact I am going through that low right now myself, but it seems like no matter what, somthing always kicks me up out of it, if only for a little while. I can see you have great desire to improve, but as some one told me long ago in my sb, it looks like your trying to tackle too many things at once. I was doing the same, and its really hard for your brain to jump around from subject to subject like that without instruction. Honestly, I would work on line, getting them solid, and confident. buy the cheapest bound paper you can and draw long solid lines of stuff you see around. Do them slow, try to capture the main shape of the object before going to details. Dont lift your pencil. Dont worry about how it looks, thats not the point. After you feel like that is helping, try doing them fast. It can be a nice daily excersize before you do somthing that you want to look nice. But for now, if you are having family problems, dont worry about getting awesome. Art should relieve you of stress, not add to it. All in all I hope every thing gets better and your able to focus without guilt or distraction. I'll see you around.

Last edited by MonkeYoakum; August 20th, 2008 at 11:27 PM.
    SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 634 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to hear about your situation being like that That nude drawing thing too. But don't let that get you down! Go into the city, Buy a stack of typing paper (it's like 4 bucks for 500 sheets of A4, at least here where I live) and then draw lots and lots of straight lines, circles, and blind contours. Punch that line quality up to a level you wouldn't dream of. Do the same with rendering of cubes, understanding of form, structure, planes, muscles, everything. make sure you're prepared for the day when you can tackle nudes. Don't let the time go to waste by feeling down

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yup you are definitely improving, so no worries on that side now all you have to do is keep on improving and you are A for away! When browsing through your SB i saw InvertedChalupas advice and I think that he was spot on and that I cant add much to that!
    Keep on keeping on

Last edited by D@niel; August 20th, 2008 at 04:58 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like your mind and spirit, rating you at the top for improvement in #520 I love the flying guy!! head seems a bit small? Your torso's are looking great, still some of the waist lines are too straight when you apply them - also, your lines are getting really good and robots cool concept, wish I had one in my house!! Are you really just 14?? Wish I had your mad skills at that age! You go girl - !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    14? Daaaamn.. Keeeep posting please! Your figure and anatomy studies are fantastic!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the encouraging comment u left in my sketchbook mate.
    Your coming along really well. From what I saw on your first page up until now is a massive improvement. Your studies are impressive.

I'm pretty sure if u keep working as hard as u are now you'll definitely be able to work for massive black... or hell anything

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 645 Posts
    Follows
    Following

2 months to go and counting! Let the Games begin

Wowzy for the comments guys and thank you amazingly much for the support!
    derriere: yep smart eh , cheers man
    kingkostas: thank you for bieng such a great support! and yea i'll be doing that with beelow
    Farvus: thank you for that advice i'll definatly keep it in mind when doing thumbnails and for the characters!
    ohomoho: Yea am just working on lines now alot of lines too haha
    Envisor: ohh your too kind! thank you and yes i downloaded all bobby chiu podcasts into my ipod nd some more motivational stuff
    Dished: thank you alot
    MonkeYoakum: oh wow thank you , am already one step ahead of you with the lines ! haha but thanks alot for that awesome advice about drawing objects i do that with my hands it should be great to just go around the house doing some of these.
    algenpfleger: cheers man. but am not even alloweed to go to town just to draw lol who cares though i can sit on the window rofl, lets get this part started shall we
    D@niel: yea his advice was amazing although i dont fully understand it yet lol but i go back to it every time and get something more
    kelly x: cheers alot girl! Nice looking lady haha! i will nick name you that! thanks though
    Nopig: thank you and i really hope to
    Noch: aww thanks and your welcome too
    Sorry i have been away guys, things are calming down now!!!! YESSS
    But school just started , still it's no excuses so i will keep trying work harder after and before school during lunches and breaks too lol.
    Life is calming down finally so I can set about.
    I will be able to update daily today, oh i really feel like starting a new sketchbook i dont want people to see all this update 1 day then 4 days off update one day then 3 days off.... makes it all so sucky !
    I wake up an hour earlier at 6 to do some drawing and be able to update my sb so it will be regular. And yes the 5 updates a day will really go on with my other goal Which algenpfleger knows about , its a 2 and half months thing and am just gonne be doing my hardest in it so i wanna keep you guys updated on it daily , AM tackling down my weaknessess one by one *even though thats not the main goal* so lets get this part sttarted.
    Some older and less important stuff:
    Studies:
    Name:  Serratusmangus.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  16.3 KB
    Name:  olym2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  45.8 KB
    Name:  Olympics.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  65.3 KB
    Thumbs:
    Name:  thumbs4.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  31.2 KB
    Name:  thumbs5.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  32.1 KB
    A doodle from mind lol:
    Name:  handhead.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  31.6 KB
    And Then the real work which began yesterday
    Lines and The evil hands
    Name:  Linesndhands.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  37.2 KB
    Name:  bridgeman.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  34.5 KB
    These are hands from life and a mag just making them simple nd getting shape
    Name:  myhandslife.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  29.1 KB

Theres tons more which i cannot post due to the lack of quality and some life drawings which are in school!
    cheers peepz

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Yes its an update!!!! :D

I am happy all goind great in your home, and i want to tell you not to worry about school.You will always have time to throw some sketchies and studies.Dont forget your main goal to work in the industry(i dont mean to leave school ).

Nice works here, i see your chars getting more air and spirit.
    Ok i see you are mastering the arms pal, you dont have to worry anymore about palms.
    I will be here to encourage you doing that kind of daily update so keep up!!!

see ya

EDIT(some more stuff)oing thumbnails in pc with digital black hard edged brushes is very easy and fast(fast thubnails are more creative), i also forgot to say that i love your last character with a hand for his head

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lookin really good, you can tell from the hand head man that those studies are paying off because that hand has nice volume to it! Keep going!!!

SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    LOL, I will nick name you super cute little kid? Just joking! I want you to work on the shape of your torsos next they are very block like and need a little shape, the hands are rockin'!! and the proportions are looking so fine - for instance the post #564 fencer #2, look at the butt and waist on this one, actually the first one has good shape - action is so fun and so hard to nail, huh? Keep at these very challenging forms you are doing and you will bump your mad skills very quickly!! Keep it up cutie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 634 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! HUGE improvement with that last post! The torso studies are great, and it's awesome that you're doing those fighter poses and thumbs, very dynamic, do more of that stuff! And look at those hands. Your lines are getting much cleaner, and you nailed the proportions! Now get a mirror and draw them from the other side as well. Keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you're pretty much of a worker, huh? very productive!!

your improvement is quite clear, especially with the last post!! good anatomy studies!! keep on working girl!! and I'll gonna keep watching your stuff

bye
    diana

meh sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=134723
    (shameless selfpromotion)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    waah, nice figures there! They look nothing like the previous ones and it changed only to the better.
    And keep up those hands, they look pretty neat as well.

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 28