Sketchbook: sameolesame's sketchbook

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

sameolesame's sketchbook

How's it goin, this is gonna be my first post so I figured I'd get my feet wet with some scanned sketches. Well, the images are basically all sketches of magazine clippings, nothing to thought out or thought of again, I left 'em unfinished.

Any comments are welcome, whatever that entails... thanks.

sameole...

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ...another quick post to upload a few more sketches.

Thanks
    Well, let me post some sketches I've done in the past week. I want to devote more time to honing my skill, mainly through figurative type crap, but lately I've been confining myself to sketchbook filling. Not that this is "bad" in any way, it's just that I'd like to move toward finished pieces... this is where I usually hit the brakes tho. Decisions on what image I want to pursue to completion give me a headache. To be blunt, I procrastinate something sick and the breakdown of my xbox is the best thing that could've happened to me at the moment. So I'm taking a cue from others on the forum and gonna try for at least 2-3 sketches a week. Having someone comment on your work, even if it's to say it sucks, is a step forward. I'm sure everyone can agree.

Like I was saying, these are a couple of sketches, the second of which I'm currently working on, that I've done in the past 3 days. I really dig creating images, even more so since I'm usually reading, so drawing/painting is an outlet for me that I really get into... funny that I hardly sit myself down and put in some hours. If this sketchbook can be a reminder of the current sketchbooks at my desk that I'm neglecting then it has done me a solid. Ok, the first sketch is of a magazine clipping; it was an advertisement for an x-rated movie poster gallery exhibit blah, blah, blah... there was a starlet in a pose with some faux pearls that helped to balance the composition blah, blah, blah. The second is a picture of some cactus flowers/wild weeds that I clipped from an old calender aimed at helpful/harmful grazing vegetation blah, blah, blah... I'm working on this at the moment. I usually don't go darker than an HB graphite, don't see that changing with this one either.

sameole...

Thanks
    Nothing to crit, really nice portraits!
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Firstly, awesomeness is in this sketchbook.
    Secondly, I'll give you advice I'm currently taking: push your rendering harder, more contrast, more value, more tone = more better.

I'm totally down. You've got the anatomy and proportions just well, need to bring them out with the textures and rendering now!

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Thanks, carbono and iane, for taking the time to post a comment. I've done a couple of years art school, mostly general stuff although; requirments toward a specialization, but stopped there due to various bs. But I still try to put the things touched on to use.

I may try and go darker on my next sketch, develop more contrast. Those sketches are pretty much life-size, I scanned them in from a 9x6 pad.

I'll be sure and check out the two of your sketchbooks.

Thanks
    ...here is a post of a handful of older stuff, 3-6 months ago, that I did while I was working fulltime. These are all done with uni-ball ink pens and a sharpie marker. I didn't take the time to work anything out with pencil or such, but I like how they came out. Whatever mistakes I made I went with. Most of the work was done while at breaks or on the drive home over the months so each image came about over a good period of time. Again, I started with a magazine clipping as reference and went from there. Gimme a comment, thanks.

sameole...

Thanks
    a little pen drawing in my 9x6 sketchbook I did while watching the ces breakdown on g4 the past few days. oh, I was wondering if there is a way I can edit the title of the thread to let people know that there is nudity... well, it probabley doesn't matter anyway. if you happen to tho', leave a comment.

sameole...

Last edited by sameolesame; January 11th, 2008 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks
    Really good rendering and bold potent inks. Liking the inks a lot.

Thanks
    a pair of sketches that are relatively fresh. the first is a portrait with some areas blocked out, played with composition ideas. the second, another portrait, it started decent but then as I was filling in the larger areas I noticed that maybe if I had taken the eye out a little to the left and shortened the nose, brought a shoulder in it might've started to look more accurate... well, an exacto and some tape and bam, the portrait is proportionate again... I thought it was funny, the pieces were there, just had to cut and paste, go figure.

sameole...

Thanks
    Wow dude! Your work is great as well! I really enjoy the chick licking her hair! Nutz!

Thanks
    thanks redd, I'm tellin you, your drawing of the girl in the tinted glasses is really making want to go look for some reference pics of something similar right now. I feel like putting in some 70's music, maybe some funkadelic, watch some 70's horror, something like "Strip Nude For Your Killer", something, that drawing is cool.

Last edited by sameolesame; January 10th, 2008 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks
    Damn... those uniball and sharpie pieces are amazing. What'd your coworkers think? Ever get to see 'em? I appreciate your crits a lot, man! I have a feeling your sketchbook is going to be quite popular if you keep this up. Gave you some stars, too!

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    I have a couple of new sketches that I'd like to share. And thank you to the people who've left comments.

the first is a fun illusion that's pretty common. I put it in the chicks hair and when I got done I was, not surprisingly, tired of the drawing and just wanted to be done with it... the second is some brush tip marker stuff, also alot of fun.

sameole...

Thanks
    i have love with yo works~ keep it up~~ man

Thanks

Thanks
    insect and nethus... thank yer!

I've been busy lately but should have a couple of sketches to share by the weekend.

Thanks
    i like your last update a lot- really strong with the ink- it works well
    and nice pencil sketch- interesting hair hehe

Thanks
    Wow. Love your pencil work. Really. But most of them r portrait ? wan to see some full figure stuff

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.