Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristina is now a FULLTIME freelance illustrator! - updated April 3rd

Thanks
    Great progress and amazing studies, your figure drawings are getting really good, keep up the hard work.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    awesome improvement! always great to see hard work pays off - the bargue piece is stunning! keep sharing!

Thanks

wow very nice sketchbook and very nice studies keep it up...=D

Thanks
    Hi there,

haven't been to your SB in a while You're making a LOT of progress, I wish I had that will to improve so quickly. Good luck with everything!
    here's my DA account. S
    http://merlkir.deviantart.com

and here's my sketchbook! check me out if you like concepts of soldiers and warriors of all sorts.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90214

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    That.master.study.made.me.wet.myself....

-E

Thanks
    andeepbarot, thank you

Teundeboer, thanks a lot you can interpret the picture any way you like. as for her expression, I think one would have to manage a halfway controlled face expression in order to be able to play the flute. she couldn't really do that while crying.

hummel1dane, thanks! haha, that's interesting, you got in without showing art? XD i guess we'll meet soon! what's your name and where are you from? a warning, however: i'm almost deaf and thus quite awkward to talk to in real life, but don't let that scare you! :]
    the studentsville forum looks really interesting. i don't even have my own room (i'm renting an apartment with another student) but it's been working really well so far.

spaztastic, thank you

doncam, thanks

Diego, muchas gracias!

Josef, vielen Dank!

nOKa, thank you

Merlkir, thanks a lot

Mischeviouslittleelf, not really, haha?! XD

New life drawing. 2 week pose in pencil on canson paper as always. the next one will be in charcoal. OMG I'm so looking forward to that!
    Kristina is now a FULLTIME freelance illustrator! - updated April 3rd

More sketches after old master paintings
    Kristina is now a FULLTIME freelance illustrator! - updated April 3rd Kristina is now a FULLTIME freelance illustrator! - updated April 3rd

Thanks
    Hey Maidith!
    My name is Hans I'm from Denmark.

Your improvement is so amazing - so fast!!! Your last 2weeks drawing looks great.

Yes I got in without showing any pictures of drawings, but I did write in the application that I was at a drawing school for some time. So maybe Lynne knew the school and thought it was OK, or I was lucky and they forgot to ask for artworks, or maybe they just don't give a damn if you got the cash!!!
    (I think the latter...)

Btw do you know how many students are at the school in total? And do you know how fast it is possibly to finish the 3 year program?
    Is it true that you advance independently of the group you start in.
    I visited the school a few weeks ago and Martinho told me you could finish faster than 3 years if you work really hard - Is that realistically? Or are they just saying that to make you work harder?!

I look forward to meet you

Hans

Thanks
    Hi maidith the last 2 week pose is great, wish i could start them aswell ;_;
    but i think i've still got a long way to go :d. Anyway do you remember after how much time you started the 2 weeks drawing?

Thanks
    your rendering skill is verrrry impressive!
    aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Awesome drawings maidith. Keep up the good work.
    Just a little question, i know the tuition is €9000 each year but how much do you spent on living and eating cost ?

Thanks
    Hans - Denmark? that's pretty cool, in my group there are 2 people from Denmark as well. I wonder why I haven't met any Germans at that school yet! The only German speakers I met there were from Switzerland XD (Dorian and Heinz). Perhaps there are fewer Germans interested in learning to draw.
    So maybe Lynne knew the school and thought it was OK, or I was lucky and they forgot to ask for artworks, or maybe they just don't give a damn if you got the cash!!!
    I'm really not sure, all I know is that the school doesn't have unlimited space for new students, so they can afford to be a bit picky... money of course is important to them too, but since you've visited the school you can probably figure where the tuition money goes - maintenance of 2 studios (heating, water, plumber & electrician services), model fee, and teachers' salary, I think it adds up to the amount that the school can call themselves a nonprofit organization. the tuition is expensive to me though but it is certainly worth it, I don't want to study anywhere else
    I'm wondering how many new applicants they get every year. Gotta ask Martinho about that...
    Btw do you know how many students are at the school in total?
    currently there are 60~65 students.

Is it true that you advance independently of the group you start in.
    yes, that's true. In my 2nd term I already notice some quite big differences in advancement. in my group of students who all started school at the same time/term, some folks are still working on their 3rd bargue, while others have started using charcoal for their cast drawing (that's 3 people - Henna who is the fastest, me, and ca. 60 year old Elizabeth from Denmark). however, I don't know how many people really "jump ahead" to another group, since I don't know when everyone started.

I visited the school a few weeks ago and Martinho told me you could finish faster than 3 years if you work really hard - Is that realistically? Or are they just saying that to make you work harder?!
    I think it is very realistic. Not only are some people very fast, but you can also work longer than school hours (except in life drawing class where the model is only available for a certain time). The school studios are open till 9pm, so some people work long into the evening. The studios are also open on saturdays. There's a girl called Teresa Oaxaca ( http://teresaoaxaca.com ), I think she finished the curriculum pretty quickly. And she is darn good.

G@m, grazie mille
    Anyway do you remember after how much time you started the 2 weeks drawing?
    hmm, davvero non sono sicura :o ho cominciato a disegnarlo due settimane e (allora) pochi giorni fa. non posso ricordarmi della data.

Alex, danke! ... wait, I know your sketchbook, it's really awesome! More sketches (and penis) please! The collab you did with Hannes also rocks, you guys should seriously consider making more of those.

Sky Eagle, thank you
    how much do you spent on living and eating cost ?
    As for living costs... I share a nice small apartment with a co-student, each of us (read: our parents) pays 460€ monthly for rent. utilities and internet are included. however, if we use up more than 100€ worth of utilities like electricity, water, etc. we have to pay the difference later. Which will probably be the case, as these things are darn expensive.
    Each month I get 250€ "salary" from my parents, about 150-180€ I spend on food. Most people get along with less for food (100-120), but I like exotic stuff, lots of fresh fruit, and expensive cakes and sweet, so yeah, food is my luxury. XD The other money I spend on art supplies, and sometimes household stuff. Most personal items like shampoo, deo, soap, etc. I simply "steal" from home every 3 months, they're cheaper in Germany anyways. However, I rarely go out for parties or travel, if ever. I don't have the money for it, and don't want to cut back on food.
    I regularly earn a bit extra cash with commissions, but I put it all in a savings account, for somewhen in the future.

A bit of life drawing from school:

2nd line drawing copy after Bargue:

Master copies yaaaaay!
    Kristina is now a FULLTIME freelance illustrator! - updated April 3rd Kristina is now a FULLTIME freelance illustrator! - updated April 3rd

Thanks
    The way you do the draperies is just amazing! And your use of white is brilliant!
    Are you a fan of Bouguereau? Who are your idols?

Yes I met the two other danes very briefly, they seem nice! Denmark is a very small country, but I think it is easier to come up with the money. That goes for the other scandinavian countries as well. But with that being said there are many who paint and draw in Denmark.
    I was one year at a danish drawing school in Viborg (north Jutland) they have a half year course in classical drawing - intended as a preparation for the Bachelor in Character animation. It was nice (classical, renaisance style - with a russian instructor!) but most people didn't so much care for the classical they just wanted to be good enough to be accepted in the Animation program. I think most danes who draw dream of this cartoon program rather than to become a classical artist.

All right, thank you btw for creating this sketchbook - it is very important, I think, to see the progress of a student studying the place you want to go yourself.

See you in Florence!

Hans

Thanks
    Thank you Hans
    I'm not really a Bouguereau fan, I dislike his subject matter but his technique and skill are frickin awesome.
    My favorite painters (traditional) are William Turner, Waterhouse, Rembrandt, Delacroix, Bonheur and some more, depending on my mood...XD

A little digital painting for practice purposes... Didn't like it enough to finish it.

Some more copies...

Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast