Thanks

Salary Requirement Help!

A producer asked me to possibly do some designs for him and he asked for a salary requirement. I am wondering how much am I suppose to charge. I am fairly new to this so I don't really have any idea on what figure to give him. Am I suppose to charge by the design? It is for something that will probably go direct to video so it is not anything big.

Can any of the professionals give me some advise?

Thanks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think the word salary's not the best word to use in this case. I tihnk what you really mean is rates; so this is your first major job and you want to figure out some rates that would sound reasonable yet profitable. First of all what kind of work are you doing for this person? If you are designing something or layouts I would reccommend charging per piece. But usually rates depend on your client, I set my rates based on the work I'm doing, if the work is complicated, if they're asking alot from me, if they're financially set and basically how much money I need. If its some top-notch corp. or some very rich person you could aim quite high with your rates, but wealthy peopl ewant to save too so don't go too high. If its a non profit organization or your local church I would suggest being lenient with your rates. but once agin I can't realy give you any numbers, you would ahve to provided the information that I asked for above. If you don't want to give any details, you could search online for similar indivduals or groups taht work in your field and find an average rate for their services so you could posibly use their same rates or something similar.

-ant