Thanks

Does anyone Know San Fran well?

Im going out in about a month for a few days study and I was hoping to pick up a wacom intuos 3 tablet as the exchange rates should save me a bit. I didnt want to get there and not have a clue where to go though, If anyone knows where I might be able to find one (or even where is most reasonable) that would be awesome.

Also, other than just my shopping, are there places people really reccomend I check out? Im going with my uni so Im sure we will be given some guidence on wheres good to go but If anyone knows any cool galleries, art shops, vinyl stores or anything It would be trey cool

Thanks!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Well sadly the only ones that I've seen available to purchase from a store is the 4x6 intuos3 from best buy. If you would want it bigger, you'd probably have to buy it online and have it shipped to your location in SF.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 291 Posts
    central computers over on howard street.
    http://www.centralcomputers.com/
    thats where i bought mine. i think i paid about 300 for it. they are fairly helpful and knowelegable, and located about a block away from work
    hope this helps! -c36

Thanks
    The Apple store right off of Market Street should have some as well.
    "The proper rewards are not simply tacked on to the activity for which they are given, but are the activity itself in consummation." -C.S. Lewis
    "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid." -Proverbs 12:1

Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section!
    -Cyrus' Sketchbook-

Thanks
    CompUSA on Market Street also has them.

Thanks
    Awesome, thanks everyone! Think Im gonna e-mail someone to make sure they have one in stock when Im there, just to be safe..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    CompUSA on Market Street also has them.
    plus they're closing so you can probably get one for at least 20% off.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e-beef View Post
    plus they're closing so you can probably get one for at least 20% off.
    You can buy their lights fixtures and furniture too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by el coro
    central computers over on howard street.
    http://www.centralcomputers.com/
    thats where i bought mine. i think i paid about 300 for it. they are fairly helpful and knowelegable, and located about a block away from work
    Thanks. I didn't know that there was a store that you could actually buy wacom products from. Everywhere I try you need to special order everything and it's more expensive than you can find on the web. How much do they normally have in stock?

Thanks
    everyone here told you of pretty much everywhere you can get a tablet...but as far as going places and tourist stuff...

check out the minna st gallery
    also if you walk all the way up and down post and sutter streets, theres tons of fine art galleries that you can walk into and enjoy, also theres the legion of honor but you have to pay a fee since it's a museum. lots of amazing sculpture and paintings, last time i was there they had a couple of maxfield parrish paintings!

art stores...check out pearl on market or blick on van ness

for music there's amoeba on haight st, which is the biggest record store and it used to be a bowling alley, and theres rasputin on powell. there's also a smaller electronica record store on haight if youre into that kind of music. and lots of trendy shopping on haight. you can go to golden gate park and look at plants at the botanical garden, smoke pot with hippies, see some buffalo

check out baker beach for a great view of the golden gate bridge, and there are bbq pits...ocean beach is cool at night because there are bonfire pits but it will be very cold.

for resturants if you like mexican go to the mission or las margaritas at fisherman's wharf if you like tequila there's 200 different kinds there! if you like sushi check out sushi rika on bush st. for italian go to north beach, for chinese go to chinatown...for thai..there's thai resturants all over, i can't really recommend one since theyre all pretty similar, just don't go to thai stick on post st, their food is horrible. askew grill is fantasic, theres one on haight and one on chestnut in the marina...but i don't recommend going to the marina unless you like yuppies.