Thanks

problem in Painter 7

I have Painter 7 and I'm on Mac OS X 10.1.5 Every other time I start up Painter all the windows are all over the place and there are tons of custom palettes that are there that I didn't make. All the stuff I did make is still there like my custom brushes. Is there any way I can fix this?
    joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi,

Yes, there is.

You can arrange your palettes just the way you want them, then save the Palette Layout. In fact, you can save multiple Palette Layouts to use for different projects.

1. Arrange your palettes however you want.

2. In the Window menu, choose Arrange Palettes > Save Layout.

3. Name your Palette Layout using a unique and descriptive name, then click the OK button.

To use one of your Palette Layouts, use Window > Arrange Palettes and choose the Palette Layout name from the bottom of the flyout menu.

Painter will open in the next session with your palettes arranged however you left them before closing the program. To be sure Painter opens with your palettes arranged the way you want, before closing Painter, use Window > Arrange Palettes and choose the Palette Layout name from the bottom of the flyout menu.

Palette Layouts, along with other user preferences, are saved in the Painter Settings file (Mac) or the Painter.set file (Windows). To prevent losing all of your customized settings, after you have everything set up the way you want, close Painter and place a copy of the Painter Settings file (Mac) or Painter.set file (Windows) in a backup folder somewhere outside of the Painter folders. Then, should the Painter Settings file (Mac) or the Painter.set file (Windows) become corrupted, or should you need to Uninstall and reinstall Painter, you'll still have the backup file to copy and paste into the main Painter 7 folder and all of your customized settings will be available.
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory