View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • mattbyng

0 0%
  • Southern

5 4.63%
  • SpaceRogue

1 0.93%
  • Apocalypse_Rex

2 1.85%
  • Ignominious

3 2.78%
  • Miasmamann

5 4.63%
  • Nightblue

7 6.48%
  • Jull

11 10.19%
  • Teh Gosu

2 1.85%
  • tsoren

0 0%
  • rmygona

7 6.48%
  • banhatin

14 12.96%
  • Michael Jaecks

9 8.33%
  • mukor

0 0%
  • PutridusCor

5 4.63%
  • Lander

30 27.78%
  • SPipes

1 0.93%
  • Arbu

2 1.85%
  • redehlert

4 3.70%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Lander: Great idea and execution. Got my vote.

Apocalypse Rex: You were my second vote. I like the idea and the image. Reminds me of a Siberian Displacer Beast.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    my presentation this time was especially poor i'm afraid, i had a real struggle with the beauty part - it ended up affecting the whole thing, sadly.

Jull got my vote, such elegance and prettiness.

good work all who finished, its such a nice weekly project to be involved in, thank you to all who take time to critique me etc. it really will help me get better.

Thanks
    My vote out to Michael Jaecks. I really like how you portrayed the process of what your creature goes through when it morphs although it was a tad bit simple. Awesome art as always, really no complaints. Keep wreckin man!

Lander: Your art is definitely on point but it was your concept that wowed me on this one. When I read your concept I started really wondering in my head what kind of dreams you have if you even dream at all,lol. No offense, but some people don't remember their dreams. Kick ass stuff though.

Thanks
    Voted for MJ for the most obvious metamorphosis.
    redehlert: I didn't think you were gonna participate in this.

Thanks
    hey kevin, well...it was monday night...it was late...and carl and i were drinkin' wine, havin' cheese and crackers and berries (sounds oddly romantic, but we didn't get our freak on.) hahahahaa! long story short, carl's constant work on his piece made me want to dive in. perhaps i will enter these every so often to keep the mind going.

cheers!
    d
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Lege1: Nothing special going on in my dreams. I get it all out before I go to bed. Sleep like a baby dreaming of fairies, clouds, wine, cheese, crackers, berries, redehlert, candles, leather, rubber, soap oups..... Now where the H was I.
    Sculpt some more.
    My path of learning (sb)
    What I do
    wellander.com
    Where I sell my sculptures
    Galleri Hantverket
    Where I have my studio
    Bryggeriet

Thanks
    score!!!
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"

Thanks
    Wow. You all really took it a little further for this round. There were many impressive entries, but in the end I ended up voting for Michael Jaecks. His Beauty isn't as beautiful as some of the others, but I had to give him my vote simply because I am absolutely floored by how much his artistry has matured with his recent CoW entries. MJ, your sense of color and your skill at rendering have progressed lightyears since I've joined this site. Kudos to you!
    Anyway, it's kind of neat that I can imagine now imagine many of you guys' faces when I read your posts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Moai: Dude, you are too kind. Like I said in the Spongeback round, if ya do dozens of COWs, yer bound to get better.

Thanks
    My vote went to Jull, for what I thought was the cleverest concept, which was delightfully, and effectively, portrayed in his matched images. More power to you for the think-work involved!

Some notable mentions go to banhatin for absolutely delicious colour work, Michael Jaecks for great texture work, redehlert for chasing that abstract concept so far, and to Lander for bringing us the concept of decorative bowels...

---

This was a bloody hard one to vote on, some really good design work here. One common theme I saw here amongst the entries I didn't vote for, was that they missed the brief onmaking the uglies (in my opinion, anyway). I know that's kind of a backhanded compliment, sorry about that.

On the question of missing the brief for the beauties, I like that there's been some solid discussion of subjectivity here. My thoughts are that beauty in animals is often related to *movement*, and I'm sorry I didn't have the time to explore this with you the rest of you. Graceful and powerful movement is pretty much what defines deer, cats, dolphins, eagles, horses and so many of the other animals we tend to think of as beautiful. Conversely immobility, flaccidity, helplessness and parisitism tend to give a feeling of distaste - lamprey, leech, naked molerat or hagfish anyone?

All of this is good fuel for later design work. Very happy with this thread.

Thanks
    Interesting points about animal beauty, Xol... jellyfish can look gorgeous in the water and hideous on the beach, for instance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jaecks View Post
    Interesting points about animal beauty, Xol... jellyfish can look gorgeous in the water and hideous on the beach, for instance.
    Yeah, so can dolphins.

I'm not denying that other stuff can look beautiful - frankly I think trying to pin it down to one ideal is as pointless an activity as trying to define what is 'fun'. I just wanted to make the point that graceful movement and the physical adaptations engendered by it (streamlining, flexibility, musculature, etc) are a form of beauty that not many entries really addressed. Just about everyone went for sheer gorgeosity - shimmering plumage, colourful markings, eye catching crests, iridescent skin, and so on.

It's just my thoughts, no harm intended.

Thanks
    and it's gonna be carl by a landerslide! congrats mate!
    d

Thanks
    redehlert: That is so... I would never ever use that as my avatar.
    Sculpt some more.
    My path of learning (sb)
    What I do
    wellander.com
    Where I sell my sculptures
    Galleri Hantverket
    Where I have my studio
    Bryggeriet

Thanks
    Short comments and vote -
    southern (great silhouettes)
    Miasmamann (love the ones under ground!)
    Nightblue (the contrast between the ugly and the beautiful)
    My vote goes to Lander; Great concept briliantly executed. Very nice colours and the expression/body position of the alien meal made me laugh.

Great work everyone thou!
    Keep up. Or something...
    All for now.
    /dew
    My sketchbook (images from 1996 to present) - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=108653

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast