View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • mattbyng

0 0%
  • Southern

5 4.63%
  • SpaceRogue

1 0.93%
  • Apocalypse_Rex

2 1.85%
  • Ignominious

3 2.78%
  • Miasmamann

5 4.63%
  • Nightblue

7 6.48%
  • Jull

11 10.19%
  • Teh Gosu

2 1.85%
  • tsoren

0 0%
  • rmygona

7 6.48%
  • banhatin

14 12.96%
  • Michael Jaecks

9 8.33%
  • mukor

0 0%
  • PutridusCor

5 4.63%
  • Lander

30 27.78%
  • SPipes

1 0.93%
  • Arbu

2 1.85%
  • redehlert

4 3.70%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    chriskot is offline non-dishwasher safe, keep away from open flame
    Thanks
    My vote goes to Lander. That one is fantastic.
    Michael Jaecks gets a close second. Teh Gosu in third.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Lander! the most beautiful, even the 'ugly' is beautiful
    And the color.. creativity.. skills ..
    (jealous ¬¬)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atastrophea View Post
    Fairy Nuff Fozzy - would love some CC though, advice, pointers?, the worst bits that I should work on? thanks
    I wrote some lines in the new round

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jull View Post
    Fozzybar!, I'm surprised you still remember me, you have healthy memory!
    I've been busy as hell, but some days ago I had some time and came here to take a look, liked the theme of the COW and decided to participate
    I never forgot such good artists like you That you took part in COW from the first round is a memory booster as well...

I hope we will see some more entries from you in the future...

Thanks
    Teh Gosu. I just find it so cool... the "beautiful" part is so ugly it's cute

Thanks

Wasp

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzybar View Post
    [B][COLOR=White]

mukor
    More detials for the next time please And just follow the guidelines on the first post next time, i don't want to clean up the threads all the time...

yeah, i think that i will add more details to my creatures in the future thanks
    and im sorry dude, i didnt realize that i was screwing the threads posting in the wrong way
    i dont know much english and sometimes is hard for me to understand each thing that i read

anyways... i vote for jull i loved that fish creature.

Thanks
    This is one tough round to vote for, because of so many amazing entries as well as the ambiguous definition of "beauty".

My favorite creature is Michael Jaecks. Absolutely love the texture and color. The only thing is that the morphed form does not fit my personal ideal of beauty. I would have voted for yours for any other challenge though!

I also love Southern's creature idea, but the colors ended up a little muddy, and the creature is also more scary than beautiful. Kudos on the believable anatomy though!

I had a hard time deciding the vote between Lander and rmygona, both with very beautiful works. rmygona's traditional skills is wonderful, and the composition and background design have a lot of character. The piece also turned out very colorful, which to me was a pleasant surprise. However, Lander's creature is a bit more imaginative and less similiar to an existing real-life creature, and the design as well as rendering is wonderful. My vote goes to Lander, good job!

Thanks

My thoughts as I viewed the images to vote.

Before I critique other's I can say that on my own work my metamorphosis was not extreme enough. Changing the color and throwing wings on it doesn't make it beautiful! I had fun putting the work into the image though.

Crits:

Mattbyng - very simple character

Southern - Both stages of the creature are very similar, color seems the main difference. I like the layout of the image. It looks like a placard in a science text or on on a zoo exhibit.

SpaceRogue - Both creatures are cute.

Apocalypse Rex - nice dramatic image. The smaller ugly version in the corner and the larger more active beauty version springing forward. You used more than just how they look you also have how they act as part of the transformation.

Ingnomonious - nice drawing.

Miasmamann - I think I saw the most wip for your image. This was my second contest like this at Concept Art and it is nice to see the works in process and the comments from the artist. You definitely have a strong contrast between ugly and beauty. I voted for Miasmamann based on the amount of contrast between ugly and beauty, the artwork to support it, and for posting work in process comments.

Nightblue - I was worried when I saw how your concept was developing because it seemed very close to an idea I was working on. I like how your image turned out and the overall look of it.

Jull - VERY nice artwork, but doesn't follow the rule of one time metamorphosis.

I was wondering which was most important in this contest, the artistic skill or the concept/design skill. I'm trying to pick the one that matches both.

Teh Gosu - I like the intense colors on black design you have and the overall flow of your image layout.

Rmygona - I like the watercolor appearance and the overall handcrafted look of your image. The story ties it all up too.

Banhatin - the very intense color on black makes it a very powerful image. I think that the two creature are too close in appearance though to show ugly to beauty.

Michael Jaecks - I was reminded of the scene in Final Fantasy the movie where the ghosts pass through people and pull out their souls... YOu have a Very immersive image where I feel like I am watching the transformation in person.

Mukor - I like the cave painting appearance but maybe the contrast between beauty and ugly isn't strong enough.

Putridus Cor - wow, from your nickname (putrid...) to the color scheme (same throughout the creature's lifespan apparently) to the subdued lighting, I say it has all been dialed too far to the ugly side and not enough on the beauty end of the spectrum. I like the layout and your painting work though.

Lander - your image seems to be the favorite. Excellent artwork. I was

SPipes - I think both creature forms are cartoon cute, in spite of the green goo under the early form so the contrast from ugly to beauty isn't as strong as some other images. Very nice image though.

Arbu - good contrast between the ugly and beauty. I think that the overall image is consistent in the level of detail and style but I think that some other images took on more challenging forms in terms of anatomy.

Redehlert - definitely ugly to beauty but the beauty looks like a artist's stylized rendering of the creature rather than the creature transformed. I do think you have the ugliest ugly though, in my opinion!

Thanks
    woo-hoo! stockholm's finest is in da lead. go get that star, buddy!
    and thanks for the votes and crits...wasn't expecting any of either. happy to be the ugliest. lol
    and for the record, nightblue got my vote.
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Nice job to everyone, but I think lander really nailed the 'beauty' part of it best.
    TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    d*|*b
    Last edited by rmygona; November 15th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks
    a vote for Lander indeed. I liked the strong contrast from the ugly to beaty forms. The silhouette changes pretty drastically. Hats off to Jull, banhatin, and redehlert too for nice concepts and/or rendering. Sweet!

Thanks
    My vote is going to Lander. I thought it was both well rendered and depicted the theme the best. I really liked Michael Jaeck's and Southern's, but I didn't think there was as much contrast between the ugly and beautiful phases. But those would be my top three.

Thanks
    ... I don't know what to say. I had so much fun these last few days. And now after 12 hours in the air I see that you liked my concept. My most humble thanks. Nightblue got my vote this time. Michael Jaecks: your just a bit to creepy on the beautiful. Your texture is killing me. I'm a bit jet lagged right now so if I don't make sense. That's the reason. Hudibudi bom....... zzzzzzz zz z
    Sculpt some more.
    My path of learning (sb)
    What I do
    wellander.com
    Where I sell my sculptures
    Galleri Hantverket
    Where I have my studio
    Bryggeriet

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast