Family Portrait.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Jarek? is offline a.k.a. Achilles... seriously, it's my real nickname. Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    I live in a town called Big Bear City, which is part of California.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Family Portrait.

It's not finished of course, but I'm taking my time. Also I'm needing some tips on the shading. The majority of it comes from the little girls head, and I'm trying to make it apparent that there is light coming from her but I don't want it to be very dark.

Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the idea- to be blunt the shading doesn't matter if the drawing isn't right. And the drawing isn't right. Things like the way the little girl's shoe vanishes into the boy's left shoe, and the skeleton mum and boy's shoe facing head on isn't as well drawn as it could be. I can see that you have begun shading before you have finished sketching and I generally think that's not a great idea as you should deal with drawing difficulties before you add shade/colour.... or else people tend to get precious about their work and are reluctant to change it. Shading wise, work out your general light direction- and remember the light from the girl's flaming head would really effect the shadows on the dad's face as it would light it from beneath. Keep going, you'll get there in the end x

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.