Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Here's a quick 30 minute sketch I did in class in PS3... without any good brushes I want to finish it this Friday when I go back to class. I plan on fixing the edges(gotta work on my edges ) and adding more color variation to the foreground area. Also, I don't like that some-what steep hill. I need to fix that slope and work on the rocks some more.

Any critique is accepted. School's almost out, which means... PAINTING! I got a job too, which also means... MONEY. Money means... more reference books and art movies.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here's some DS sketches and another version of the previous painting, which I do not like. I think there's too much texture on it.

Anything is accepted. School is out now, so hopefully I can paint more. I really want to, but Halo is too addicting for me.

EDIT: I forgot to say, when I transfered the DS sketches over via the USB adapter, the colors changed ALOT. They aren't nearly as purple as they appear to be. All of the sketches done in 5- 10 minutes.

Thanks
    Here is a quick sketch I did in Painter. I was just drawing around, but then decided to work on my clouds. I wanted to go for a wispy look.

I'm using the Painter Essentials 2 demo from the ImagineFX disc

Thanks
    I finally did an actual painting. I haven't done in who knows how long. I really need to get back into doing more, but I've been so unmotivated with a lack of inspiration.

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to paint, but I kept going. I tried concentrating more on the atmosphere and mood, instead of the little details.

Thanks
    I really need to be more productive. This is just a sketch from Halo 3's map High Ground. I left out some of the stones, but I'm still practicing with my colors and lighting. The perspective is off on the leaves, I think. This was also a chance to use more of my brushes.

Thanks
    Here's two sketches I did today on top of some pictures. I haven't been very active lately and really uninspired. I'm saving up for a new tablet(only $100 short), so I hope that will spark my interest again and I'll do more.

Thanks
    This is a sketch from today. I didn't know what I wanted to paint, so I started with the atmosphere colors.

Thanks
    Here's another sketch before bed. I don't like it. I tried working more on atmosphere/lighting.

Thanks
    Here is another sketch, about an hour. I didn't know what I wanted to paint, except some sort of coliseum thing with light rays, so most of it was off the top of my head. I wanna develop a style that suggests enough detail, but can still be painted quickly- this was an attempt.

I called it "The Matriarch", I guess cause of the figure with the big headdress. Maybe this is some sort of discussion with her followers?

Thanks
    Another painting. 1 hour test of some brushes.

I think I'm actually getting back into painting. I turned down Halo multiple times this week to work on art. Once I buy my new tablet, I'll probably be taking my old one to school and paint during my free time if the laptops come with Photoshop again. I'm also trying to get another DS for Colors.

Thanks
    1 hour study and brush test. Not much detail, just wanted to try a few brushes for the actual painting and not the detailing.

Just another update, I got my new DS and I bought my new tablet. I'm currently saving up for my R4 and MicroSD card. I REALLY want to go around the city(since I live 5 minutes away from it) and just do sketches of whatever I see, when I get Colors! installed. I've been wanting to do it for awhile now, so hopefully I get to it.

Thanks
    Got my new Intuos tablet in the mail today. This was a quick sketch trying it out. I love it!

Expect some more stuff soon, hopefully. Got a folder full of inspiring landscapes and interesting colors perfect for studies!

Thanks
    Another sketch, this one was a little over an hour. I wasn't very satisfied with the foreground area. I used ref for this one and the last on, by the way- just some random pictures I came across on Google and DeviantART.

I really need to work on painting clouds.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.