Thanks

someone to talk to.

i donno i feel like i could use someone to talk to on here, about art or what ever. I spend so much time just looking around the boards but every time i try to start a convo with everyone i get yelled at and just go back to lurking.
    Sometimes i feel like the boards are so clickish its hard to get any tips or advice from anyone.
    I would just like someone i could shoot the breeze with about art or something whom isnt going to make me feel like a 5yo because i havent attended some fancy art school and not knowing everything about art history.
    Mystress of shadows "Always Tease Never Please"

Art is like a butterfly, Beautiful and free but it is also like a scorpion poisonous and nasty to those who dont know how to handle it.

EveningKiss Labrynth Sketchbook

EveningKiss myspace

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    isnt that what chatrooms are for? These forums are full of advice and people willing to help, and most dont talk down to people so please dont take it that way. you should be able to realize what you dont know and learn it so you do know, simple as that. art history is important, and learning is important. if you just want to chat and maybe to some doodling here and there, thats fine. we have an IRC room where people usually are just talking about whatever, and you have a sketchbook section to draw what you want. People may or may not leave crits, but you are very well entitled to ignore them. Just dont get offended by what is said becuase most people on here are just trying to help.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    And I was nice to you when I replied to your email you sent me, albeit confused when I got a random email from my "stalker" lol. So hell, when you want to talk to someone, you got me, and im sure you have alot more people around here if you look. Hell, im still trying to meet the people here.
    FUCK YOU YA PRETENTIOUS DICKS!! BAN ME!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 376 Posts
    seems like you need a visit to the site's official irc channel.
    In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy.

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squidmonk3j View Post
    seems like you need a visit to the site's official irc channel.
    Try a shrink first.
    The objective is to reduce the insanity, not multiply it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    Try a shrink first.
    a really stupid thing to say. And theres no groan button here.

Evening kiss....squid gave you the link ,check it out...its a nice place to hang out at...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyskoa View Post
    Try a shrink first.
    it's because of gargabe like that that she started this thread in the first place, lay off...
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    it's because of gargabe like that that she started this thread in the first place, lay off...
    Harsh as it may sound, he has a point. I wouldn't brush it off as him just being an ass... "I need someone to talk to" could be just that, or a sign of something graver. And some things are better left to professionals.

I'm not saying that the layman shouldn't still try to have a go at it. I'm just saying, you know, Hyskoa's intentions might not have been bad and his advice neither.

Peace y'all!
    - Current project <- Crit away!
    - The Whyatt Sketchbook Any tips appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    sometimes your first thought is always right

Thanks
    here's the actual info:

IRC Information
    Server Info: irc.whatnet.org:6667
    Channel Info: #conceptart

In your IRC client type: /server irc.whatnet.org:6667

for all ur multiplying insanity and occasional artz chat needs

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    ...your a girl, so join the girls forum and start a debate. (if you cant get to it, you must PM davi)

I never went to a fancy art school either, and it shouldn't put you off if others have...

Mx

Thanks
    Have you started a sketchbook? Another way to gain some advice or critiques is to post in the critique area.

Oh, another thing - but before I start that, let me say first, "welcome!" Never got to say that after your intro in the girl's forum.

Now, that other thing: right now, I'm sure a lot of folks around here are preparing for Revelations or enroute to Seattle (for Revelations) or are already there. There's also mad work going on for LMS 3 (Last Man Standing) and CHOW 100.

So generally, a lot of folks have quite a bit on their plates now and well, don't have chatting high on their priorities. It ain't personal - it's a crazy time for some. Hell, I've even been neglecting my SO this past week. Heh.

Thanks
    Some of these posts made me lol hard. Internet is serious business.

If you want to talk to someone, send anyone a PM. Most of the people here aren't too stuck up. Usually when someone says something that pisses people off on these forums it's a huge misinterpretation of the statement. At least a lot of the things that I see. Don't get offended by things on the internet, it usually just sounds immature whether you are right or wrong.

If you would like to talk to me, although I don't blame you if you don't, send me a PM. I'm a pretty horrible person but I don't mind talking about nothing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyatt Thrash View Post
    Harsh as it may sound, he has a point. I wouldn't brush it off as him just being an ass... "I need someone to talk to" could be just that, or a sign of something graver. And some things are better left to professionals.

I'm not saying that the layman shouldn't still try to have a go at it. I'm just saying, you know, Hyskoa's intentions might not have been bad and his advice neither.

Peace y'all!
    Nonetheless, there's no reason to act like an elitist asshole when someone is expressing thier concerns like that. Put yourself in the situation of being new to somewhere and asking questions, do you want the first reply to be some useless, smartass quip? No. You want someone to treat you like an actual person and hear your concerns.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 747 Posts
    Hm. I don't know. When someone introduces herself by complaining that people are yelling at her and putting her down and generally not being nice, it strikes me as an awfully aggressive type of shyness. You know?
    I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    accepting the arrogance and indifference of other people is a prerequisite of committing to the absurdity of "making art", tho...

this is not a family gathering after all. opinions might be harsh and brutal, but stick around and you will learn lots. asspatting and spoonfeeding is nice, but worthless. force your will upon the paper and post your stuff. accept what follows, and learn what you can. then, repeat.

and, when you need a break, pop by the irc channel and let loose

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyskoa View Post
    Try a shrink first.
    ^ Made me laugh. Don't see why people are getting bent out of shape by it.

Quote Originally Posted by EveningKiss View Post
    Sometimes i feel like the boards are so clickish its hard to get any tips or advice from anyone.
    There's the critique center, also the art discussion place, mentoring thread, daily sketchgroup...

Quote Originally Posted by EveningKiss View Post
    I would just like someone... whom isnt going to make me feel like a 5yo because i havent attended some fancy art school and not knowing everything about art history.
    Pretty sure the majority of the users here haven't gone to art school, I know I haven't.
    Kinda offensive grouping us all together like that: clickish, unwilling to give advice, who went to expensive art schools and are snobs about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Eveningkiss , you have the girls' section or irc. Just say hi; we don't bite. It's tough walking into any group as a noob; just remember, other people may be shy, too,- just give it time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningkiss View Post
    i donno i feel like i could use someone to talk to on here, about art or what ever. I spend so much time just looking around the boards but every time i try to start a convo with everyone i get yelled at and just go back to lurking.
    I would just like someone i could shoot the breeze with about art or something whom isnt going to make me feel like a 5yo because i havent attended some fancy art school and not knowing everything about art history.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. No one has yelled at you. There might've been a few snippy comments, but...those were last year. Almost two years ago.
    And you don't ask that many questions. Ask more. Try hanging out is the Art Discussion forum and start a thread. Or just start a thread, period. Hell, I made one about Jamie Hewlett designing vibrators and that got at least 5 responses. And please don't generalize everyone here. There are 93,000 members. Not everyone is in a clique, or has gone to a fancy art school or knows everything about art history.
    Honestly, this thread about you're concerns is the only one that actually warrants them. Which is kinda weird.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Drop by irc and have a chat.

I think many of you are misinterpreting hyoska's comment. Because if you've visited us in irc you would know that we're a weird bunch. It was more a comment aimed at the chat rather than eveningkiss.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    You don't NEED someone to talk to, you participate in discussions that interest you. This thread is utterly ridiculous. It's like a post from craig's list or something.

I'm not worried about who I NEED to talk to here, if someone ends up having similar interests through various threads we can go from there. Or you know, as other people mentioned go on IRC.

Yeah, I sound harsh but come on people, I'm waiting for people to talk about how they like "Walks on the beach" as thread starters and are looking for an M/M/-M/F-F/F relationship and how they're attracted to blondes.

It's called a FORUM, you participate. You may find agreements, you might find disagreements, that's what communication is about or was a mistaken?