Page 7 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Man your awesome! No, I'm quite serious. Very encouraging studies and great improvements all around. Just watch that face in your refless studies. The same recurring face is the one I'm talking about. try to shake that if you can and change the complexion in the ladies faces from time to time.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 636 Posts
    Holy cow, what's going on in here? So many replies!

Clochette, thank you, and I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to kill you, honestly D: Hahaha, oldies sound great. What kind of oldies, those which are simply what was cool before we were cool, or those which are really really old? And i know a bassist! Actually I spent most of today with him, that's why I didn't get anything done. But i think he might start to draw! And he'd be totally in for that jam session! I'm excited

Frozenbears, thanks mate!

enrigo, wow good to hear, thank you!

Fishspawn, well I'm trying Thanks.

atlantik, hey thanks for the motivation, yeah I am aiming for pro level! Thanks a bunch man!

Maidith, yeah because I am too lazy to upload everything twice haha Thanks my dear, and let me also add that I look forward to you buying me icecream

Gerbil Fetus, thank you so much man!

~Faust~, haha i hope so :]

XSsithi, thank you And actually I must admit that to this point i haven't done much studies of hands and especially not feet, as i'm still in the process of studying their anatomy. But i will definitely do that, after all I'm aiming for Linda Level here, and her hands and feet are just insanely good.

AsaB, thanks my dear

Trashy, hey thanks, and you're dead right about my recurring faces, i will definitely concentrate harder on getting some variations in there. Until now my only variation was freckles or no freckles i guess xD

Oh my God, I feel so bad about just having such a lazy update when it's the first post on the new page, people will think bad of me. But after feeling like shit for two days in a row, I decided I had to do some anti-artblock-therapy and just doodled a bit.
    Some random girl...
    Attachment 316092

This one was fun, mainly done while on the phone. Inspired by the more than awesome Clochette I gotta say
    Attachment 316093

Another refless, purpose-less digi doodle... At least I tried to paint hands, come on.
    Attachment 316094

And some Bridgman.
    Attachment 316095

I'm afraid that's it for today. Tomorrow I shall start working hard again

Thanks
    love the looseness of your colors man! seems like you've got their secrets uncovered!

Cheers!
    Piru's Portfolio - Piru.be - WACOM Buying Guide - SHOW your STUDIOS!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uziel's SB! - Piru's Sketchbook & Epias' Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Wah!!! You did a draw thinking of mines? Huu, I'm embarrassed! I'm not so awesome that you say!...
    You're kind! Please show us that one with colors, your colors!
    And about oldies, hummm... I like Dire Straits, Clapton, Cocker, the Stones, the Doors, the Clash and many others! Does it fit you?
    Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    nice stuff amigo^^Really nice hands there!

bakatron is offline toronto blue jays fan... i'm serious.... stop laughing at me okay??
    Thanks
    always a fan!
    nice to see you here as well herr fleger!

Thanks
    Piru, thanks man! I'm far from uncovering any secrets though D:

Clochette, no really! Your stuff is so cool Colors, huh? I'll see Thanks!
    And wow, that's some real oldies there If I at least knew half of it. Guess I'm too young. And here I thought I was really old :'D
    But if we can't find any songs that we both know, we'll just go freestyle, right?

Mischeviouslittleelf, thank you!

bakatron, you're here? Awesome! Thanks buddy!

Man, I wanted to do really much today, but my flu got so much worse. I actually spent more time on the toilet than drawing.
    Just managed to doodle a bit:
    Attachment 316927

And did a really bad photo study.
    Attachment 316928

And some Vanderpoel.
    Attachment 316929

I'm gonna go to bed now and hope it's gone tomorrow.

Thanks
    and the great studies continue!
    excellent job keeping up the hard work, even while you're sick to boot!
    dedication spells progress, and progress means success. Keep on rockin it man!

Thanks
    GusTheRobot, thanks! Yeah I know, that's why i try to keep going

Unfortunately today wasn't much better... I did do some doodling though, and a bit of bridgman.
    Attachment 317730
    Attachment 317731
    Attachment 317732
    Attachment 317734

Thanks
    1st one is very beauty face buddy,nice update,keep em comin!

Thanks
    Nice update! My favorite is the first one!
    koppa says:

Thanks
    atlantik, thanks man!

Clochette, thank you my dear

Ah well, here's an official statement: As of tomorrow, the flu will officially be defeated by me, and i'll get cracking again.
    Today, a figure study from ref:
    Attachment 318512

Some non-reffed doodles:
    Attachment 318514
    Attachment 318515

This one was fun, trying to make some figures interact with each other, with perspective and proportion. Stole the idea from bumskee. That guy rocks. No ref used.
    Attachment 318517

And the usual Bridgman.
    Attachment 318521

Thanks
    cool man keep it up...immer weiter so kollege..gez. pUcK

Thanks
    I like the values on the gray nude figure! Good work my dear too!
    koppa says:

Thanks
    Art always wins the war, get crackin! Bold painting style is neat...On the value study I find that a few of the marks jump out and ruin the flowing style of the strokes, make sure it all holds together because its looking great how you were approaching it.

Thanks
    even with flu you can kick my fat ass man keep kicking me ;P
    I would like to see some pencil sketches (not only studies) if it's possible!
    cu my friend!

bakatron is offline toronto blue jays fan... i'm serious.... stop laughing at me okay??
    Thanks
    pfleger - im totally digging the fact taht youre going all crazy and all out. i love your work man. just one thing - play with thicker pen strokes to compliment the lighter ones and try to build in some opposing curve.

Thanks
    Quer, danke

Clochette, thank you kindly

Jakers, thanks dude! And you're right... guess I wasn't really paying attention. Need to focus more.

atlantik, thanks Well pencils, I don't know. I'm totally into painting right now.

bakatron, thanks! And you are right about lineweight, I need to incorporate that D:

Today was strange. I did two studies:
    Attachment 319289
    Attachment 319290

And two doodles. I don't even want to show these. On the first one I was playing around with one of Melanie Delon's color schemes:
    Attachment 319291
    Attachment 319292

Then I realized that my way of painting doesn't work. I spent the rest of the day looking at other peoples', especially Linda's, art. I need to rethink my whole approach, my choice of colors, my use of layers, my blending, everything. Guess this is gonna take me a while.

Thanks
    Du haust mich um, alter! xD
    Ich dachte Archipelago wär der Meister des schnellen Fortschritts.. aber du machst ihm extrem Konkurrenz .
    Das motiviert enorm, wenn ich mir deine Produktivität in 2 Monaten anschaue... woah, ich muss viel mehr tun und jeden Tag richtig viel machen.
    Hast mich richtig wach gerüttelt ^^. Danke!

- Julian

Thanks
    algenpfleger,

Allot of nice artwork here, your portrait studies are excellent. Drawing lots and working hard, great to see!

Quinn

Thanks
    I love your work; reading through your thread really inspires me. I love both your colouring technique and your pencilling skills.

Thanks
    No realy man what do you do all day long siting infront of the computer drawing?
    When you are posting the next update please put how much time did it take for every picture, its intresting to me.

And damn dude you are seriously my hero, i started drawing again becouse of people like you.Bless you.

Thanks
    wow. it keeps getting better! those last few portraits have some rocking colors!
    btw: where are you getting all this awesome ref material from? if you don't mind my asking

Thanks
    Studies are showing lots of improvement! Personally I like the way you paint, but it's always good to switch it up and try new things! Keep up the crazy pace~

Thanks
    good job!

Thanks
    Autumnal Dream, danke für die netten Worte Mann! °O°/ Genau sowas gibt mir die Motivation weiterzumachen

Quinn Simoes, thank you!

ilmenhin, so nice, thanks!

ohomoho, haha no actually I'm just lying on my bed and eating all sorts of stuff, I trained my cat to draw :'D Man, thanks for the nice words. And yeah, I'll guess I'll write how much time each piece takes, it's the sort of thing that I always want to know when I look at other people's stuff

GusTheRobot, thanks a bunch! Well about the ref materials, the aforementioned emo kids which are easily found on the net take tons of pictures of themselves, so you get to see a lot of eyes and lips there, about the nude figures, on deviantArt there's a lot of them, just gotta browse a little and look away from time to time because there's also a lot of weird stuff D:

Fishspawn, thank you! And I know my work is a little boring right now, I'm focussing really hard on improving my colors right now so maybe that's why not much else happens. But you know, once I got the skills I'm looking for I'll have all time in the world to create interesting art, so please bear with me until then

Joce, thanks!

So I've been kinda not updating, the reason was that i did only theoretic stuff and spent a lot of time studying other people's artwork. I also practiced mixing and blending of colors which of course is extremely boring to look at so that's why I don't post it.

But here's something that i kinda like, skintone practice with joints and folds. I really need to work on that part, seeing how good Linda is with that stuff.
    Those took about 1-2 hours each, the color scheme on the second one is stolen from Linda's IFX tutorial, and I learned a lot about her color choices from just, well, using these No references used.
    Attachment 320680
    Attachment 320681

28. The Following User Says Thank You to algenpfleger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those arms are crazy and surreal, man! I could almost imagine you doing a whole series of those. I think seeing something like that one somebody's wall would freak me out.

Keep on painting! Also, watch the eyes on some of your practices, their size relative to each other feels a little off.

Thanks
    Nice study man!!
    Didi you mix your colour in Painter or Photoshop? The first one I personal think that really got the essence of how skin tones perform with environment.

Keep it up!
    It should always be bore in one's mind that he must be responsible for his life........

Welcome to My !!!!!

Thanks
    cool work`s
    Choose to live a life that matters.

* My sketch book : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=117461

**My finished work : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...38#post1632938
    O.K now let`s ROCK

Thanks
    dude, your sketchbook is a kick in the butt everytime I see it. Huge output and improvement is showing so quickly. you skintones and faces are getting better and better.
    love the last studies, they're kinda creepy but so cool. sorry that I can't give you any helpful advice. I just think you could do some more studies from life don't see too many of them in here. they are helping tons.
    I'm off to draw now.
    btw. keep drawing freckles, just love them

Page 7 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast