Sketchbook: Algenpfleger learns to draw (He really does!) 2014 - New Sketchbook! - Page 22

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 22 of 145 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you have tons of amazing studies and amazing works on here, your rendering of everything I've seen is amazing. Keep up the good work, and your color is absolutely crazy, you should be up at the top of the page, at least I think so. I going to be keeping an eye on your sketchbook and perhaps using some of your study pages to make study pages of my own. Absolutely fantastic work.

Check out My Sketchbook!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    exellent work, love the texture of the first girl, and the knife is good, the diference is there, keep em coming! cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really awesome stuff happening here!
    Mentler once said to me "now its the little things that make the big difference" and this is kinda the thing I see in here. you have earned a nice foundation of skill, now the time has come to become awesome, and I have no doubt about that looking through the stuff you've come up with so far
    you're doing the right things, you are doing them better and better with each and every update, just keep on pushinh yourself to the very limits of your skill and things will be really really awesome in no time!!

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How do you achieve the different looks of different materials? Only with the use of other (custom) brushes (besides the different lightening and coloring of course) or is it possible to get them all done with the standard round PS brush? Just wondering because i never used manny brushes besides the round one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    <Add usual praise-phrase here about your stellar progress>

Yeah, you see texture is more than just this brush-option in photoshop, right? That is one of the reasons I switched to GIMP becuase I want to achieve the feeling of materials without using this cheat.

Having said that, You did very well on the shoe! Bad very poorly on the knife, imho. There are several reasons I see for that, firstly, the materials on the shoe (Kautschuck und Leder, kein Bock im Wörterbuch nachzugucken) do not differ in color but indeed in their surface-bumpyness. While the one is smooth, the other is ... uh ... less smooth (Fuck, where is my english today?).

Metal and wood on the other end, do not neccerssarily differ so much ni their surface-bumpyness, at least not neccerssairly. Wood can be oiled or treated with harnish (I think that's the word) and it will still look like wood. Reason for hat is that's the masonry and the color that make wood wood and less the other thing. Having said that, you failed to build up a believable masonry in the handle, you should simplify AFTER you understood the structure first.

Ah well, whatever, back to studying....

Oh, and the cranial structure of that girl is rather masculine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great, man! The sharpness of your digipaints looks great, I always like that in a painting. Great clarity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap man, do you even need art school? i mean with you dedication and all. haha, maybe thats what your parents meant when they said no....(look on the bright side eh? )

truly an inspiration though. and thanks for the Pose Maniacs site. i turned on the 30 sec drawing app, and just went at it till my hand cramped up

"One day, I'm gonna be an awesome artist. I'm dead serious. I'll just keep practicing until then." at the rate you're going youll be awesome by june (not that your not awesome already...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep working on the figures - they are improving, but your colors still rock way more. great to see your enthusiasm~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You seriously need to start a mentoring thread for colors. =D Just curious, but how long does it take you to get the right color when painting from photo and life and how do you go about it? I'm having problems finding the color I want on photoshop. Oh, and I agree with Faust with the portrait of the girl looking masculine, but can't exactly pinpoint it.. maybe the planes of the face?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i disappeared for a while and i see so many more pages! Dude you gotta slow dowwnnnn!!! HEHE. Great job! and oh, i the shoes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    inspiring progress man. the last still lives rock, particularly love the quick enviro.

keep it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sweet friend!! I'm back after a period of PC troubles!
    I can see you are still working hard and it's pay! You make some great progress. Some of the portraits need more attention on the structure and pose, but you rock!

Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stuff´s looking great, man. I dig those small life studies! Keep kickin it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's always depressing to visit your sketchbook ....here is the perfekt place to get one's ass kicked

you are really improving post by post ....can't crit anything at the moment. i think you are doing exacly the right thing atm. with this amout of practice your improvement will be a sheer nightmare for all of us

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man...I go on hiatus and you set this sketchbook on fire...like literally...I can almost smell the fuel in here.

Just amazing studies and those still-life studies are perfect. Smooth and controlled strokes and sweet juicy colors. Awesome!!!

seriously I can't crit crap in here...only thing I see sometimes is the strange recurring face but it looks like your getting control over that as well. It's too hot in here...I can't handle it...*runs to the refrigerator*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love the last evironment piece! and your shoes great studie work! big ups!

Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Sketchbooks!

Buckster, kaktuzlime, vaettir, enmi, dchan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The portrait at #627 looks awesome , looks close to something that i wanted to do next, but you work chaotically fast man , where to you find the time to do so much sketches, do you eat ^^, sleep, go to classes ... walk... fornicate? where do you fit it ) man. I see we kinda joined at the same time dec 2007 , but i wonder... were you doing digital before you joined ?

Oh almost forgot the girl on #615 , her head is bigger then the face , and hair dose not stand on the head ... it's like a wig.
    Take short breaks , go outside .. ... just kidding, keep going man ,luv your stuff, cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook. I wish I had the time to look through it all right now, but I can't I'm late! Anyways great sketchbook and studies keep it up!

Ps: Love the shoes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 636 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Whoah O____O

Surion, thank you

Asa my dear! Thank you. And yeah i think materials is definitely a topic worth diving into. About the color type though, after all I think I can't agree with that. I had a wonderful discussion with the lovely, lovely navate about that and we came to the conclusion that it's more that once you're good at something, you don't want to get out of your box anymore, so that's why "color guys" decide to stay just that. So for the next time, I'll stick to pencils, and transform myself into a form guy, and then combine my powers haha Long way to go though D:

GusTheRobot, thanks a ton buddy, and thanks twice for the hints regarding materials! Makes perfect sense

Homeless Foxman, wow man O_O You're exaggeratinhg. Thanks!

zulu, thanks

Gloominati, yay great to hear! Thanks mate Wheee~ Mentler is awesome. Oh man, I gotta keep going, I'm totally looking forward to what I can do three thousand hours of practice from now

canti, like Gus, the awesome robot, said, it's more about how the surface interacts with light So the brush isn't really that important, although texture does play an important role in realism, in thumbnail size it all comes down to color, so that's the most important thing with showing materials.

~Faust~, now that's the laziest reason to switch to Gimp that I ever heard Why not use openCanvas 1.1? Thanks for the awesome critique mate, that definitely helped, gonna keep it in mind Damn that cranial structure, I still suck at understanding volume and form. Dx

drd, tyvm

kingkidd, haha yes I do, I wanna meet other artists! Teaching is no worry, I think in the age of the internet I can do that on my own. Haha thanks for those nice words mate!

Fishspawn, thanks, I will!

EvilBunny, haha really? Hmm maybe I should, and maybe it would even help me to deepen my own understanding. About the studies, usually.. hmm I don't know. Color is always realtive, so I usually pick a base color for my palette and then kinda try to fit in the other colors, I mean, as experience comes, you can see which colors are off and which not. It's just a matter of practice, just like you can tell if an arm seems twisted or an eye wonky. And yeah, you're right about the face, though I have no idea why lol, gotta practice more, then I'll see such things myself.

shamandalie, haha thanks, but no I won't slow down! Fear is what drives me. I gotta keep moving!

jpedro, thanks

Aurélie, darling, sooo great to have you back! And yeah I'll keep fighting on that structure front

Flaskpost, thanks!

Tec, dude, you're being too nice! Thanks man!

Trashy, haha thanks, here's some icecream for you! *gives Trashy icecream*

dchan, thank you

flamable, thanks man, and I catually eat and sleep and attend lectures a lot O_O But that's about it, I try to do not much except art in my leisure time, although over the past week I've been slacking off horribly. And yeah, I did work digital before I joined here, started in.... early summer of 2007, about a year ago now Look, this one's not even a year old: click Thanks for the critque too, yeah I gotta pay more attention to stuff like that

Chris_Grisham, thank you

Phew, so many replies! You're all such great people. I hope I didn't forget anyone!

So errm, the reason I wasn't updating is that I was kind of rethinking my whole approach to form and structure, after Lauren (navate) who is an amazing person kicked my butt in a cinvincing way over at pixelbrush. So I did tons and tons of studies of faces which all looked shit, resulting in me having nothing to show at all. On top of that, Faust challenged me so i had to do some bigger painting for that as well. Ah all's well now, I hope to get into my daily routine again now, including more studies and exercises targeting my weaknesses with form and structure.

So, first, here's the challenge piece... took quite some time, over 20 hours in the end. Learned a lot
    (Huh? Embedding via the attachment manager's not working.)

Sketchbook pages! All from head. My anatomy sucks so bad Dx Not only that, lol.
    (see below)

An illustration for that kindergarten project... remember, I study computer science (Angewandte Informatik) which is SO boring, so this is actually the only creative part of a small project of an unimportant side-subject lol. The rest is, like, transistors and math.
    (damn attachment manager, that one with the stupid animals)

And a doodle
    (that one with the planes)

So that's it for now, I hope to be able to update regularly again from now on

Attached Images Attached Images            

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    way to go, bro! Woohoo! Diggin' the little balls in here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1212523015

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha , nice about the time you started digital , i kinda started taking interest in drawing more , in fact in august i've made my first portrait , and digital paint in February, enough about me , you call that slacking , c'mon man . A little break once in a while is good. Maybe that's the reason for some banal mistakes.
    The blood thirsty elf looks good , but whats the story behind that. Oh the main arm , needs to be close to the body , looks detached. but for the anatomy is good. see ya...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah- that's good start as a painter people can see that in your works really enjoying the killer lady cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yay you're updating I already left you a comment on the challenge piece with Faust over at DA, you can just check it there! It's a lovely piece, her expression is a killer (haha, literally). The other pages are good, the kindergarten project is just too cute! Really nice and fun colouring.

As for the "colour/form/comp./" guys, I guess you have a valid point. Comfort zones is probably the biggest problem most artists face, so it makes perfect sense, what you said. Gotta get out of those!

It's really inspiring to see you're rethinking your approach and routine, I'm looking forward to see what comes out of that

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man, that challenge piece is awesome!
    keep it up! Cheers!

Help me improve my drawing skills by commenting my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your female elf painting is amazing, you have a wonderful use of contrast in color.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice update, dude! Liking the first painting a lot. Maybe you shold work over her ear once more, that glow looks a bit off, since it doesn't make too much sense concidering the light you have chosen.

Also nice to see some sketchbook pages you've done. the perfectly document all of your weaknesses, that fancy digital painting is able to hide so nicely. That's not a bad thing at all, it shows in a very direct way what you need to work on. Right now I think that you should focus definitely on anatomy and proportions. Your hatching is a bit uncontrolled as well, but I think that this can be ignored right now, since there are more important things to fix.

Keep going dude, hope to see soem more stuff very soon

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Inspiring amounts of work you get done man makes me want to work so much harder.

The only thing that bothers me with this piece, is her arm, excluding her hand, area. The edges seem a little lost and it jumps out at me a bit. I think if you fixed that it would be awesome .

Keep em coming man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What can I say, awesome work, you have a great painting technique I reckon.

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Doode! I feel chills going down my spine every time I look at this link. I mean you work so hard and you improve so fast, I am truly and honestly in shock and awe. Good going!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 636 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ~Faust~, haha thanks, spheres are a great shading exercise! Definitely fun, and this way I can cover up my anatomy weaknesses

flamable, thanks mate, and yeah, you seem to be like me, in the beginning I just did a little, but with time it really starts to grow on you, art, that is, haha SO much stuff to be tried and discovered! Always fun, never boring. Yay. Thanks for the hints too, yeah I kinda lack feeling and understanding of structure so I always make such stupid mistakes haha. Gotta work harder.

selfu, I don't really know if it was the right thing to do, they say paonting is 90% drawing and at that time I wasn't drawing at all lol. But I guess it's just backwards, a lot of people I see that started as drawers have trouble getting into colors, with me it's kinda the other way round, or so it would seem. Hmm, I need to practice more.

Asa! Wheee~ Thanks for the nice words, and yeah, we gotta kill those comfort zones. Argh~ So hard. As is that rethinking, but it was kinda necessary, maybe. I don't know, I just... like to draw. Haha.

Surion, tyvm!

Ash888, thanks

Gloominati, whooo thanks man! Hey what's your real name? Mine's Hannes Yeah that ear's off, and YEAH, my sketchbook pages have no mercy for me and my weaknesses. Daaaaaaaaaaamn. Haha I'm totally looking forward to having killed all of them and being able to do awesome stuff. Thanks buddy!

Miles_, you little devil! Thanks! You're the one who makes me work harder, because you're so darn good at your age! Thanks for the advice on the edges, didn't pay attention to that area I guess D: Damn my laziness.

lennon, thanks

Mischeviouslittleelf, dude you're exaggerating! Thanks!

Stuff! Did studies, but they're boring, really boring, so I won't annoy you with those.

Instead, sketchbook pages, all from imagination. I really like this one here:
    Name:  sketchbook - 0120.jpg
Views: 5516
Size:  203.3 KB
    This one not so much.
    Name:  sketchbook - 0121.jpg
Views: 5521
Size:  206.1 KB

40 minute SP in SAI! Dude, I look kinda gay on this one, and kinda old. Don't know about the latter, but the first is definitely not true.
    Name:  Life - 0059.jpg
Views: 5486
Size:  94.3 KB

Legs from head!
    Name:  sketchbook - 0122.jpg
Views: 7529
Size:  195.5 KB
    Name:  sketchbook - 0123.jpg
Views: 7487
Size:  205.6 KB
    Name:  sketchbook - 0124.jpg
Views: 7357
Size:  181.9 KB

Another 40 min SP. At least I don't look like I'm one hundred years old here.
    Name:  Life - 0060.jpg
Views: 7162
Size:  80.8 KB

Page 22 of 145 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 391