Page 10 of 289 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    Oh my God, so many replies!

GiantRibot, thanks man! I kinda prefer doing photostudies in greyscale because most photos have really ugly colors.

Frozenbears, your name is awesome! Thanks!

DeKal, thanks for stopping by and for the nice words man! Yeah, I'll keep it up

Flaskpost, thank you

atlantik, dude, thanks! But my brain ain't cool yet, I'd rather go for a real brain to steal if I was you

GusTheRobot, thanks man. You're right about the 3/4's. Need to work on that.

catukas, thanks! And yeah, ca.org is a good second home. Cause home is where the art is

Eux, thank you so much for those beautiful words, I really appreciate it. And I'm glad to be able to inspire someone

Yngling, thank you Sir!

So today! Some photo studies to warm up and learn a bit about facial features. I do hate photos though. They never show the richness of skintones.
    Attachment 311487
    Attachment 311490
    Attachment 311491
    Attachment 311493

Also, Bridgman.
    Attachment 311494

Then the usual refless doodles. These suck, I gotta practice more. God I love Linda Bergkvist. Her finished pieces are awesome, but her sketches are even better. I want to reach her level as soon as possible.
    Attachment 311496
    Attachment 311497
    Attachment 311498

Also, vanderpoel studies. This is the pelvis bone, although it doesn't look like it
    Attachment 311499

And two more boring digis before going to bed. Not liking these :-/
    Attachment 311500
    Attachment 311501

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to algenpfleger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So really, I have to ask, how many hours a day do you typically spend sketching? and sleeping and whatever else? haha I don't know how you get so much art produced in a single night. Loving it all though. Also, I assume you already do this but in case it is a new tip flip your canvas often to notice the mistakes. It always helps me when I am doing 3/4 views. I think it would have helped your final drawing though the rest are pretty good I think.

Thanks
    love the paints and the hands great job

Thanks
    great hand job
    Think rich. Look poor.
    Mah Sketchy Book

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbears View Post
    great hand job
    LOL

Love that you're producing so much so quickly..it's something that I keep trying to improve on. Time spent drawing that is.

Anyway, I have a suggestion for you that might result in more variety with your faces. Find a subway/bus/streetcar/whatever that you can sit on and study the people that get on.

There is usually a wide demographic of people that get on and if you study them in a sculptural frame of mind, you'll get an idea of the different bone structures. That, in turn, carries over into your ref-less sketches!
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks

Thanks
    Woa... I found algenpfleger

And hey you show more here than on Pixelbrush
    I like your work and I see you have the same book about hands like me (Bridgman) *g*

I hope my way to CA will help me sketching more....or better showing my sketches

Thanks
    Great stuff mate... 2 tips... try to render your paintings more... or clean them up a bit and facial anatomy otherwise... keep it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    Replies, fuck yeah!

XSsithi, err, I dunno... a couple of hours? Well I got holidays right now, so i can kinda invest a good amount of time And thanks for the crits. Yeah I know, flipping helps, must have missed it. need to practice more, obviously

Reject-D, thank you!

Frozenbears, what the fuck does that mean xD Thanks, I guess

Ian Mack, thanks. Well I'm kinda motivated at the moment. And public sketching seems like a great idea. Damn, I rarely get outside these days, semester holidays you know. But i will do this as soon and often as possible!

mentler, thank you man. This means so much to me.

Ethion, cheers Yeah, I don't show all the studies and pencil things on pixelbrush. Too lazy to upload them twice

sjuskadur, thanks! Yeah, you're totally right about the rendering. I totally lack experience, I will definitely do practice this.

So today, I didn't really get much done. Was helping out my dad and had some rehearsal with a band and yeah.
    But I did a few eye studies.
    Attachment 312227
    Attachment 312233
    Attachment 312235
    Attachment 312236

And a self portrait, with a mirror, 1 hour 15 minutes.
    Attachment 312237

And some Bridgman.
    Attachment 312238

And a refless, fake-looking goth chick.
    Attachment 312239

I also made a bet with Maidith that I'd be able to achieve LL (Linda Level) within two years from now. She'll buy me ice cream then, haha. Awesome.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to algenpfleger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Great sketchbook, and many different drawings!
    I like your self portrait! 1 hour and 15 minutes, it's a very nice result for such a short time! I work too slowly!
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    you've got some really nice faces in here!
    i like the freckles that you give to a number of them.

Thanks
    augh too many at once!! lol great update!! keep it coming! love the eyes

thanks for posting in my SB you should stick around! i hope to have great things come out of there soon!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reject-D View Post
    ...hands great job
    Great Hand Jobs.

Seriously though man. Excellent stuff. Where do you get the time and energy to produce so much? What is your secret please share! And as r-idz said the freckles are a nice touch that a lot of people don't seem to incorporate a lot, they were one of the first things i noticed when i looked through your sketchbook.
    Think rich. Look poor.
    Mah Sketchy Book

Thanks
    Damn you are working hard in that digital painting domain, im just so jealous... Those latest portrait heads shows a real improvement. I just tried it and i can say i have a lot still to go, but that waht the practise is there for, eh?
    MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Thanks for dropping by, much appreciated

I wish I'd seen your sb earlier, this is fantastic stuff! Your portrait studies are amazing and inspiring, I actually snatched several in my inspiration folder, if you don't mind I really like the loose and sometimes chaotic feel in your paintings, they all have such atmosphere and personality to them. I'd still like some more finished paintings, because I know you can do it!

Do you mind me asking what brushes you use? Are these custom or the regular ones in PS? I'm still figuring that basic stuff out, I'm such a newbie when it comes to PS painting, good old pencils are still my favourite medium.

Anyway, I'm going to give you 5 magic stars for this beauty and I will be watching!
    sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Page 10 of 289 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast