Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Damn, where do you find all that time to draw?No critique here, dynamite practise and progress in digital realm and style, 4 stars straight! keep doing this absolutely ( i have no doubt that you will)
    MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 636 Posts
    Holy shit o___O

Aurélie, thanks my dear! Yeah that green is a bit weird. But I still like it

Penarow, thanks, here you go

Soja, haha Thanks buddy, I'm trying. Sketch meet is full already, but I'm still sure there'll be another opprtunity to meet some day.

Haxxxor, danke As I was saying, SSG sounds like a cool idea, but I think with only two people it's a bit boring But there's tons of other people from germany around here, most of them as old as us, so maybe we could ask some to form a group of four or five?

zulu, ty

DeKal, thanks bud, always a pleasure to see you in here!

shamandalie, thank you, great to hear

~Faust~, thanks man, and you're right about the perspective, but then again, that path might very well get bloody hard to master the farther you get

EtherRain, hahaha awesome, that made my day! Thanks man.

Maidith, that's right! Thanks.

Farin, thank you

Demo, thanks! What do you mean by Orange Box Game Set?

CrissCross, thanks And yeah, my faces are still pretty boring I guess. Will work on that though

Nettle_Mountain, well like Bobby Chiu was saying, just get up earlier I usually get up at 6 am to draw. It's fun Thanks man!

So today, I decided to draw.
    Some faces.
    Attachment 327697

Vanderpoel studies!
    Attachment 327699
    Attachment 327700
    Attachment 327703

Refless figures.
    Attachment 327704
    Attachment 327705
    Attachment 327706

Hands, from life.
    Attachment 327707
    Attachment 327708
    Attachment 327709

Bammes studies - feet, finally!
    Attachment 327711
    Attachment 327712
    Attachment 327713
    Attachment 327714
    Attachment 327715

My feet, from life... these lack structure. I need to study the anatomy more.
    Attachment 327716
    Attachment 327717
    Attachment 327719
    Attachment 327720

I'm tired x_X Need to sleep.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Nice studies as always!
    Your portraits are cool, but the faces you draw seems a little bit too "generic", maybe you should try to emphasize some elements of face (big nose, strong jaw or anything else) to make them more "special"! But they are great!
    See ya!
    Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Dude jbeing at the feet doesn't mean you're not ought to begin at the top again

About your pencils, don't rush the rendering, please.I could brag around how you could follow the edges and stuff like that but I think it is better to look at rendering from other artists and you try to use their techniques a bit until you get the hang of it.

Alos, the best thing to get faces done is going outside and draw as much people as you can get

As always, stunning discipline, good job!

Thanks
    Really like all of the hand studies. Your colors are a lot stronger than your lines, so keep working in pencil. Your figures are off on proportions - focus on that before putting in anatomical detail. Try measuring to fix problems with the figures from your head. The feet are looking good when you draw the bones and block forms but when you put flesh on they look soft and odd - once again I think it's a matter of proportion. Keep up the hard work, its great to see how much work you're putting out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishspawn View Post
    .......Your colors are a lot stronger than your lines, so keep working in pencil.
    keep these studies up my master try to draw with single line it is hard but the single line look much more convincing than the overdraw one keep practicing and maybe you can use hard and soft pencil to draw with,start with hard one to block down your form and then go over quickly with the soft one in that way when you skan the lines of the hard pencils don't gone be visible ;D (I almost always draw in that way)

Thanks
    Hand studies are looking the sharpest of everything man . However, the features on your faces are often misplaced and your proportions seem to wander off in your figure studies. Do you check your drawings in the mirror? You need some sort of horizontal flipping to get a true view of what you're drawing, then you'll see when eyes aren't lined up, too big, etc. With the figures, possibly stress general form and construction rather than anatomy? I think this was the idea behind vilppu's teaching method and it makes sense. Also vary your line weight and strength in your pencils man and they'll be so much better Keep up the good work as usual man
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt

Available for freelance
    Email: ambientchroma [at] gmail.com

Thanks
    I like the poses a lot, the hand and feet studies too. Though they seem a bit too stylized to me, a bit distorted, like that one hand in second picture that seems to lack bones in the fingers. Did you also try to hatch more according to the form and perspective, not just in straight lines? The objects will look more 3 dimentional that way.
    My Stuff: DeviantArt, Sketchbook
    My Tools: Gimp
    IDW

Thanks
    Great sketchbook here, the hard work your putting in is paying off, keep this up.

Thanks
    I miss your digital stuff now.
    Ah and i`d like to ask since you are soo good at coloured images.I bet u have some traditional stuff.Can u show us some ?
    Last edited by ohomoho; March 19th, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    Are u alíve dude ? :o Hope so

Thanks
    Looking good! I agree about your colors being stronger tho. Keep working and thinking about the line quality when you draw, just don´t scribble in values, do nice strokes in the same direction, and try to "follow the form".
    Keep it up! You´re doing good!

Thanks
    Dude did you die or something? It's unlike you to have 3 days between an update heheh Where are yooooooooooou?
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt

Available for freelance
    Email: ambientchroma [at] gmail.com

Thanks
    hey dude where are you? are you disappear somewhere or you prepare a mega huge update

bakatron is offline toronto blue jays fan... i'm serious.... stop laughing at me okay??
    Thanks
    heres a dare.

grab a 9b and draw on lots of cheap newsprint and dark brown paper. draw big, draw raw... go crazy!

Thanks
    Wooow I'm sorry people D=

I haven't been updating at all, I know. I was kinda busy and a bit worn out and also too laaaazy to scan all my pencil stuff.
    But I got a little no-ref digital piece here.
    Attachment 334277

Aurélie, thanks my dear I know about the boring faces, can't wait till University starts again, I'll be able to draw lots of faces from life then!

~Faust~, thanks buddy Yeah, my pencil rendering sucks, but I don't really care about that, I focus on anatomy right now, no need to spend hours on rendering. I appreciate the crits though, and I will definitely work on that stuff in the future

Fishspawn, thanks, and yeah, my anatomy needs soooo much more work D= I'll keep practicing!

atlantik, wow, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try that out!

EtherRain, thanks! I hear you about the construction and structure... so much to learn, this is gonna be fun! The faces too, looong way to go. Thanks for bearing with my crap man

Leysan, thank you Sir, and yeah I know I need to stress the structure more. Difficult, difficult.

Andy Nicho, thank you

ohomoho, thanks, here's something digital just for you And to answer your question, I never did any traditional colors. Ever. I only started working with colors in early summer of 2007, digitally, so yeah, and I'm selftaught, so that's why my stuff lacks foundation so badly.

SnobbyOo, no I'm not

Flaskpost, thanks man Alright, I think I got it now, the thing about the hatching and structure xD

bakatron, that's a real dare! But I guess you're right, I need to loosen up a bit.... ah it's spring outside, I love it.

Thanks
    Hey Alpenpfleger!!!
    Really really nice update bro!! The Skincolors are of the hook! Man how u do that! The shoes dont look finished well but i think u dont want to leave the back on like this but i would work a bit more on the front one! But anyway very very nice! I like!!!!
    My Sketchbook

www.ismilealot.com
    My Blogg and Homepage

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Yeaaah !!! So happy you came back!!
    This update is cool! I like the lights!
    The pose is nice too, it seems she had just saw something alarming. : )
    Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Its good you are back Im happy about it.Its a little disapointing that you dont post that much now ,because it was fun to watch every day what did you do And i was geting kinda inspiared.
    But i gues you have life too hehe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Hey man, glad to see you've returned! Again, your latest picture is great. Your skin tones and overall values are looking good. I really like how you've got her left hand and foot gradually fading into the background, very nice effect! Anyway, I won't pester you with "moar updates!1", but I'm still looking forward to your next batch. Take care
    sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Thanks
    hey digger! die farben werden ja immer heftiger hier drin! finish the last one!
    aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Soja, danke Err thanks, about the skintones I actually think it's the only think I'm a little good at, but only because it's the only thing I've been continously practicing since I started painting in summer of last year!

Aurélie my love, thank you very much

ohomoho, how have you been buddy Thanks! Well I guess I'm gonna try and scan at least a part of all this pencil stuff, but it's just too much D=

AsaB, thank you And i feel better after taking a short break, I'll post more now.

GOBLINSHARK, holy shit! Du sprichst meine Sprache? it's an honor having you in my humble book, thanks a lot man!

Here's a 1 hour 15 minutes doodle I did today, still trying to get used to Photoshop, that sword girl in the last post was my first try with the program, remember?
    Attachment 338930

And a bunch of faces! been reading a lot of loomis those past three days, it really helps. This is only a small part though, i did more than thirty pages.
    Attachment 338959Attachment 338960
    Attachment 338961Attachment 338962
    Attachment 338963Attachment 338964
    Attachment 338966Attachment 338969

Thanks
    Fuck, you're jumpin' in gozillaleaps!

Thanks
    Great sketchbook - lots of progression. Congrats! I'm inspired to do more studies (which I REALLY need to do)...
    "It's worth the grief." - Greg Manchess

--SSG #46--
    Blaz | MarkWinters | petitemistress | sfa | Shmaba

Sketchbook • Website • Blog

Thanks
    hey dude,nice to see you doing those Loomis studies your try with Ps is great too keep working hard,definitely I can see your progress with those pencils keep this way!

Thanks
    woow dude! , nice studies :]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Great anatomy studies. I especially like those skin tone paintings with twisted flesh . I think you're better at shading in painted stuff. Pencil rendering and lines it's getting better really fast but it still needs some work.

Keep posting.

Thanks
    ~Faust~, sorry, I don't do it on purpose

MarkWinters, thanks man

atlantik, cheers buddy

Towarlock, thank you!

Farvus, thank you, and you're totally right, I'm better with color than with line... or well, I suck less with color lol.

Here's some stuff from today!
    For the speedpainting section over at pixelbrush.net, topic was "Blossom", took me about 1 hour:
    Attachment 339862

A quick greyscale doodle:
    Attachment 339860

And another 45 minute fight with Photoshop's non-existant usability.
    Attachment 339861

Thanks
    Stuff!

A character sketch I won't finish...
    Attachment 340849

Junk...
    Attachment 340850
    Attachment 340851

Thanks
    Looking good, bro! The colors are really great.

Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast