Spartan Camp #25 - 50 gestures + Optional Study of "Sitting"

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The aim is to produce 50 gestures by Sunday the 30th of December.

The gestures can be of anything, human, animal, cavorting capybaras....and can be in any media, digital or traditional is fine.

In addition to this, participants can choose to do a study of "Sitting", in any media. Black and White or Colour is fine.

Come on soldiers! Flex those muscles!!

PS...critting each other is highly encouraged!! Let's help each other get better!

HALL OF FAME - SPARTAN CAMP #24

Euthyphro
    626elemental
    MeTaL-Mike
    Anthis

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "sitting".... may have trouble with that. Making it interesting that is

Sketchbook group: MoHog Stimulus 626elemental

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    626elemental - check these out dude. they sure look interesting to me :d
    http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...ue-Posters.jpg

Last edited by MeTaL-Mike; December 28th, 2007 at 06:29 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Make the next one pole dancing.

Now THAT's interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just checked the links i posted again and found that they are now pointing to very wrong websites. sorry for this guys.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MeTaL-Mike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everybody, this is my first pose sketches which I'm sending here, I always doing it to improve my skill, but I decided to do every day between 25-50 sketches like this and this topic will help me to realise my promise, which I make for me...

Ok so as Goethe said, 'Artist create, don't speak!" So here is my PoseCards, some dynamic, static, sitting and some animals

Oh and sorry for quality, next time I will send better via scaner...
    I hope it isn't too big :shy:

Name:  PoseCard-0.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  PoseCard-1.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  178.5 KB

Name:  PoseCard-2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:  PoseCard-3.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  182.2 KB

Name:  PoseCard-4.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  171.3 KB

BLOG The creative works
    Practice Blog - Life drawings, experiments, etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice gestures, what's the sketchbook size? what are your bases? Do you know any draw or something to "copy" about muscles? i think that my problem with gestures is that i dont really know the right muscles positions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks dude,
    I can't tell you what is the SB size because I can't find the sticker when that was written heh... but I think it something from B sizes, a little bigger than A4.

Very good examples of muscles [with pose] are here: http://posemaniacs.com, when you just get there, start making about 50 gestures by day, 10 in the morning, 10 after the lunch, in the afternoon etc. etc.

And you will see that you are better and better. I can tell that I remember very much muscles position by observing a human anatomy cards in the net, you can just use a images.google, to find something. So this is my advice, but I'm too still learning , and this is the hard way to become a professional artist ['cause to be artist, you have to born as artist , I think...].

So keep working, cheers and good luck.

BLOG The creative works

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Matteo Glad to see you join us. The images are a little hard to read because of the quality of the photos, but mine are poor quality this week as well. I imagine that the 25-50 gestures a day must be paying off. You appear to have a solid grasp of major forms. Are these all ref'd, particularly the animals? Either way very nice. I hope you'll be joining us again next week.

One point though I must disagree when you say that artists must be born so. There are no artists or masters who have not extended vast amounts of work and practice to obtain their skills, no different than the work expended by the commercial artist. No newborns can produce masterpieces.

Anywho, I have a bit a variety this week, a few from my memory, a few from an animation book, a book of facial expressions, a few of my hand, and finally the sitting study is ref'd from one of Michaelangelo's studies. All are pencil or brush pen.

Well its Saturday again not so much activity hope everyone makes it in.

Vale-

Attached Images Attached Images        
    "To say a work of art is good but incomphrensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but most people can't eat it." Leo Tolstoy

My Sketch Book - Old Book

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 673 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That was some pretty good ref Michael, before the links went bad. ;P

Matteo'89; Hi and welcome!
    Nice poses. Some pretty tough angles, and I think you're one of the first to actually post loads of animals. Like those! simple, accurate shapes.
    About the human poses; the bigger shapes, like head, torso, pelvis, seem pretty good. Solid and the right proportion. Just a few small crits; A few poses got thin lower legs, not many though. And I think you've got to watch those ankles and wrists too.
    Pictures are a bit big perhaps, but readable. And its not like these threads are usually piled with entries anyways Good stuff, hoping to see you next time again!
    Euthyphro; Heh, you made it though GJ
    Varied stuff again. Find those first 12 a little small and messy. Interesting poses among them though, but I think the small size getting in your way a little. I like the running man from the animation book; you can actually see him speed up when following the poses. The woman looks nice, though a bit grainy. Think shape is more important though, line quality will probably come in time. Nice heads, hands, and study; especially since they're with the pen - no room for mistakes. See you next time!

50 from head, optional from ref. Used a mechanical pencil this time. Felt ok for the poses, but had a hard time on the studies.

Last edited by Anthis; December 29th, 2007 at 05:59 PM. Reason: gah.. link

Join the SPARTAN CAMP under Community Activities
    50 Gestures and an Optional Study every week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks matteo in times i knew more about anatomy but i do design too and i'm connected to music too so i have my time a little divided i can't be all day drawing for example see what i mean? and i had to learn more and more stuff about the other areas and drawing skipped a bit.
    Last year, i began my first year on University and started to draw a lot on a class named... Draw eheheeh we did a lot of gestures and model and so but now i'm on second year and the Draw is class... sucks i dont like to draw like we're drawing at the class i'm just disappointed so... i have to restart drawing from myself and now i'm going to buy a Intuos3 a5 i have to get a nice hand but thanks for the help. I will try to do those ten you say, at least i'm trying to fill my moleskine sketchbook. thanks for the website and the tips

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problem youremin.

One point though I must disagree when you say that artists must be born so. There are no artists or masters who have not extended vast amounts of work and practice to obtain their skills, no different than the work expended by the commercial artist. No newborns can produce masterpieces.
    Hmmm, maybe you are right, hehe ... But I think everybody here, has this spirit which is talking to you - 'Hey, you are a man. You can feel better than other people whose got standard hobbies like, drinking wine or doing nothing. You've got a dreams just make it real. ' So I was talking just about an artistic spirit, of course there is no master without a solid training.

You know what I mean now, right?

Nice entries both of you, and one of your hand Euthypro, this in the center of paper, is really cool , all are very dynamic. Hmmm and this image copied of Mikey, is really good too, I can feel it, dashes like in gestures of the Master Angel'o .

BLOG The creative works

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my 50

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wish I could've finished this week, but life got in the way. Figured I'd give some crits though. MeTal-Mike: Thanks for the link..... but I'm a dudette.

Matteo: great anatomy! Some of the animals are a little off but the humans look amazing.

Euthyphro: I like the hands a lot. Great use of pen strokes there. The little poses are hard to see, but they look like they could use some work on the anatomy.

Anthis: nice. Lot's of cool poses.

Rabbisatan: Some of your poses look a bit forced. I like that you didn't feel the need to finish every one, it gives them a spontaneous feeling.

Good work all, see you next week!

Sketchbook group: MoHog Stimulus 626elemental

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Matteo'89 - very nice drawings. love the gestures. watch the proportions a little though. i like that your likes are very clean. that's something i have a lot of trouble with.
    and i just noticed your polish Me too...i just live in the Netherlands. Nice man.
    Euthyphro - good gooing. your doing well. very good work.
    Anthis - nice work on the optional study dude.
    RabbiSatan - very good works. i see improvement in your stuff man. keep it comin.
    626elemental - sorry for this mistake. will watch my mouth next time
    hope to see you join in on the next one.

Ok guys here are mine. very, very late but i couldn't make it earlier. i got sick during the holidays and could not use the computer. Am back at work now so...
    these are all done with a pencil. as you can see i have loads of problems with my lines. just can't keep them nice and clean. and no optional study for me this time. maybe i'll have some time to do it at work today. we'll see.

[EDIT] Just done a quick sketch here for the Optional study.

Last edited by MeTaL-Mike; January 2nd, 2008 at 07:19 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.