keeping painter x running smooth in osx
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: keeping painter x running smooth in osx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

keeping painter x running smooth in osx

while i'm having an issue with painter, i was curious about the best possible ways to get the most ouf of painter.
    cuz i notice things like brush lag and what not.

dunno if jin's sticky thread on the older versions of painter apply to the latest version.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Reg,

Yes, those suggestions in my Sticky thread apply also to Painter IX and Painter X with some exceptions:

In Painter IX:

The Pre-built Brush File has a maximum file size limit of 200 MB. We were told by Corel we don't need to delete that file as, when it reaches 200 MB, Painter IX automatically reduces the file size to something lower.

I found it was helpful to continue deleting it as a 200 MB Pre-built Brush File was too large for my system to "like". I even deleted it when it got to 10 MB and sometimes when it reached 1MB. Nothing is harmed when the Pre-built Brush File is deleted, so this worked best for me.

In Painter X:

The Pre-built Brush File no longer exists so there's nothing to delete. However, in order to clear memory, it's good to save your files, close Painter X, then wait a few minutes and relaunch.

Also, in Painter X, to speed up painting and save on memory use, you can go to Preferences > General and uncheck the Enhanced Brush Ghost box.

General Comments:

Working with large (pixel dimensions) images, lots of Layers, complex brush variants, and large brush sizes will tend to slow down Painter's performance, so you can expect that and plan accordingly.

Save frequently!

Save in RIFF format, in a numbered series of files, using File > Save As for the first save and File > Iterative Save for following saves.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....and/or Happy Holidays!

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.