5 9.62%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts

Icon IDW #53: Main Battle Tank - Voting

IDW #53 Topic: Main Battle Tank

Deadline for voting: Sunday, December 30

No voting for your own entries! I repeat, no voting for your own entries

Give critiques and comments, we're all here to learn from each other!

Original thread: IDW #53: Main Battle Tank

Last edited by yoitisi; December 23rd, 2007 at 08:51 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: oDaYWaLKeRo

IDW #53: Main Battle Tank - Voting

Artist: Mr. Natural

M3-C4 Petraeus

While it's proportions hearken back to the battlefields of Europe during World War II, the M3-C4 Petraeus(deployed for the first time in Kurdistan in the summer of 2012) is the first and most dominant Counter-Insurgency (COIN) tank ever built. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan demonstrated that the M1 Abrams, practically unstoppable in conventional warfare, was simply too large and heavy to operate freely in modern urban combat. Likewise, it's main weapon system often caused unacceptable collateral damage. Most importantly, the threat of enemy tanks is today deemed minor, and a wide spectrum of weapons from both infantry and airpower are sufficient to deal with them.

Eschewing the heavy steel and depleted uranium armor plates used in previous generations of tanks, the Petraeus utilizes thick poly-ceramic panels sheathed in ultra-high density carbide steel. Additionally, the need for an external gunner has been eliminated, and the Browning .50 caliber cannon and 20mm grenade launcher are remote operated from the safety of the crew cabin. The short-barrel 88mm main cannon can rotate freely in most two lane streets, and was designed with maximum precision (not destruction) in mind. With a total of sixteen radar, video, and thermal scanners, the M3-C4 is perhaps the "smartest" tank ever built. Scanning a large section of the battlespace, it is supremely difficult to sneak up on this vehicle.

Artist: fughi from yuggoth

Artist: jorge f. muñoz

I tried to make it durable and easy to move around, I opted for spheric wheels to avoid the sticky bombs and attacks on the caterpillar, the machine gun has a small cockpit for sniper protection, to handle this tank is necessary 3 people, one for the machine gun, one for the main cannon and one for the driving part, it has cameras around the hull for easy maneuvering and to keep an eye in stealth attacks.

The wheels turn on magnetic fields, so no need for axis.

Artist: huhwhat

The Lynx
    Brief: The Lynx is designed to fight in the strife-filled world nearing the end of the 21st century, where the world has yet to shake off the shackles of nationalism, and ghosts of the Cold War still haunt.

Scheduled to enter service with the Bundeswehr in 2091, Krauss-Maffei's latest MBT, 'Lynx', will usher in a new era of tank-warfare with its hitherto unmatched firepower, operational range and size. The Rheinmetall L88 600 mm smoothbore gun with 35 N2 rounds, Lynx's primary armament, outclasses naval guns and is capable of neutralising fortifications with ease. Two 120 mm Rheinmetall L55 smoothbore gun, with 180 rounds, helps the Lynx engage small, fast-moving targets that are not worth expending the L88's ammunition. Anti-personnel and anti-aircraft defence comes in the form of twin 22 mm AAMG6.

Sensor/camera domes provide all-round and all-weather vision, and they are coupled with an exceptional target-acquisition software package. The Lynx can operate with a skeleton crew of five, with eleven (three gunners, three loaders, one commander, one driver, one engineer, two machine-gunners) being the optimal number. Its armoured transport module can provide a safe haven for an entire platoon along with their equipment and supplies. Sheets of carbon-composites shield the tank's occupants from AT rounds above 350mm and render the tank impervious to rounds from a gun below the calibre.

The most revolutionary aspect of the Lynx is its quadrupedal propulsion system. Previously relegated to the domain of fiction, advancement in technology over the last half-century has allowed for the four-legged walking tank design to be realised. No river, no crater, no building can halt the Lynx's advance, and tanks of previous generations are mercilessly crushed underfoot. When speed is required, the Lynx can be reconfigured to employ its treads. A K48 nuclear reactor coupled with a Rubis electric engine allows for a top speed of 78 km/h (in tread mode) or 56km/h (in quadrupedal mode), and an essentially unlimited operational range.

The principle design philosophy behind the Lynx is 'complete domination over the battefield'. The heightened viewing field aids in making tactical decisions and keeps the crew safe from conventional small-arms fire. It also provides an alternative answer to the MOUT problem with the Rheinmetall 600 mm: why fight in cramped urban environments when you can level the playing field?

Artist: Dekus

Ultimate Havok TP-90
    Main Battle Tank of the Northern Zemir colony.
    - Armed with Double plasma generators (smaller tanks have one)
    - Cooling nanofluid is sprayed when firing
    - Camera on the end of the barrel provides up to 400% zoom view for long range sharpshooting
    - Aerodynamic design and powerful engine provides top speed of 120 Km/h
    - Mine thrower at rear of the tank can be used either to set a small mine field or throw them for pursuing enemies while escaping.
    - All these qualities adding to some of i didn't think of make it the ultimate main battle tank.

Artist: Jim Hatama

I think nowdays tanks(as a stand alone universal battle unit) needs

1. Size an weight (for transportation purposes, fuel consumption, low profile on battlefield
    2. Less crew members and their safety
    3. Solid defenses agains RPGs an stuff
    4. Speed ,active armor, and good standart armor
    5. Stealth (heat detection, Electro magnetic detection, visual detection)

So this one I tried to paint has(sci-fi):

1. Holllow charge active armor (Like ukranian)
    2. three active defenses (Round ones to cover wide area of possible attacks, they fire small metal fragments(in cassetes) to destroy incoming shells an also can be used against enemy infantry.
    3. 2 sections - one for engine and one for pilot and other stuff (sirvival wise)
    4. Its one piloted or unmanned at all, full auto). Because of more free space turret has more armor, better cannon, its smaller, it has auto reload system.
    5. big thing on its back it is a Electro-heat decoy. It creatse Eclectro magnetic and heat activity in 20-30 meters away from tank to fool high accuracy rockets an stuff like that)

Artist: Grenogs

GA5 Tank
    The GA5 Tank, is a revolution in design and technology. Based around the original prototype of the D1 that was first used in this great war. After 38 years of basicly stale mate, The new GA5 already shows promise. Built for only 2 men needed, one driver and one systems operator, the GA5 is practicly self suficient. 1 inch thick hull, totaly sealed from all known toxic vapours. Armed with a 105mm howitza D class gun, 2x .50-caliber M2 machine guns mounted either side. Plus with the 4 lava missiles and the new and improved GPS and thermal scensors, we are at last seeing an end to this great and terrible war.

Anyone wanting to participate in this glorious historical event should now go to your nearest volunteering post, before its to late

Artist: Legato

SPINX

Tank details:

1. main cannon fires sub caliber discarding sabot rounds
    2. secondary cannon (mid) normal ordinance
    3. tertiary cannon (upper) 40mm AP rounds
    4. remote upper turret for anti personnel work
    5. mortar launched recon/spotter/firing solution drone rack
    6. fold down munition pods (rocket/TOW/hellfire)
    7. rear turret contains minigun for use against light vehicles and personnel

The SPHINX is a three treaded main battle tank designed for speedy bursts on clear straights and a large footprint allowing it to dash across frozen lakes that otherwise would be inaccessible to conventional heavy armor. another distinct advantage that this tank offers is its forward and rear turrets, which are located on their respective ends. this allows for peaking around corners with the best tool for the job while keeping a large part of the tank behind cover.

the crew of 4 all reside within the main turret, however the driver's position could technically be considered within the actual frame, however all aspects of control, are done via remote cameras, as there is no physical 'window'.

the bulk of the sphinx's length consists of its main track and its drive system and power plant, while the two 'front' outriggers provide steering and support for the massive main turret. while the main torque and horsepower is supplied to the main track, the outrigger tracks can function at the same speed as the main tracks, and are thus not dragged around. their main drawback is sheer power, but if required they could provide primary locomotion to a limited degree.

the armor of the sphinx is a mix of three unique systems with a few more additional counter measures. the static armor consists of rolled tungsten plating, while the proactive intercepting armor skirting detects oncoming projectiles, analyzes their mass and approximate damage and physically separate from the tank in order to meet the oncoming projectile head on. furthermore, key sections are covered in a crushed ceramic suspended in shear thickening fluid (STF). counter measures include standard ECM, chaff and smoke dispensers as well as a diffused heat source, and EMP shielding.

due to the tank's usually excess of power, the sphinx will often be seen pulling out injured comrades, or pulling in extra support to the field.

Artist: Dragonspit

MBT - Command Vehicle
    The MBT-Command vehicle is designed to lead land based military assaults. With its wide base stance and single point drive, its most useful on wide open landscapes, exceptional in deserts, snow and ice. The main artillery cannon is 360 rotation with vertical abilities and tilt giving the unit an extremely quick and radically wide range. The cockpit is two seated and is equipped with main artillery rounds, (shell storage and loading aft), large rail machine guns in case of close proximity, and self reloading missile rounds.

Secondary weapons on tank include dual , full rotation 50 cal machine guns and a few cruise missils. This is a 5man crew machine. Engine are dual CAT-C15, With Allison transmissions.

Last edited by yoitisi; December 23rd, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks

Artist: Hideyoshi

MBT R-34
    The MBT R-34 was designed for extreme maneuvaribility at high-speed on the battlefield. In 2224, Omega Seed Corporation developed a well advanced hovering technology to equip prototypes of the S-25 with. Ever since, the R-34 was functionig as a main battle tank on difficult terrain.

Artist: :::rain:::

N1-Marazi
    The N1 -Marazi is the main battle tank to the X-ALT Armies. It forms the first line of attack ploughing its way through infantry and walls of armoured vehicles. Apart from its nuclear fire power, the Marazi´s main feature is the I.D.T (Immune Defoliant Trichloroethane) gases and smoke screen it forcefully ditributes through enemy battalions. Effects of the I.D.T gas include numbness, hallucinations and after 20 minutes cardiac arrest.

The tank also contains a bunker which can hold one battalion of soldiers. Once enemy lines have been breached , the ramp is lowered. The N1 - Marazi remains the pride of the X - ALT millitary who continuously strive to break new grounds in the science of chemical warfare.

Artist: EElevation

Artist: Trashy

HAMT-Heavy Assault Main Tank
    The HAMT was designed to bring fierce and fast firing power to the front line of battlefields. HAMT is the first designed tank to be outfitted with newly developed dual rail gun cannons and also is installed with state of the art missile launchers and missile reflectors. The HAMT main cannon (also called the chain cannon) is in itself a force to be reckoned with.

Artist: IcyM

MBT - AR.101
    2616 AD: The MBT - AR.101 was brought out of retirement on the Nubon system. With Nubo Prime's heavy world environment, hovercraft technology was ineffective. Thus, the AR.101 was the only combat ready and capable tank the Unified Corporation could field in the Nuboian uprising.

Artist: form2function

Artist: D-Holme

On the red plains of the Martian battle fields cover is limited so design tends towards mobility and fire-power. This MBT of the Olympian 9th hussars is typical of the period.

Last edited by yoitisi; December 23rd, 2007 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks
    Okay, time for some comments and notes on this round:

First of all, I was rather pleased with the quality overall this round. Despite the fact that not all entries were completely finished, some entries made it to poll because of this.

oDaYWaLKeRo: Yours was one of those that at first I wasn't going to include in the poll, because it is rather sketchy still. Then again, the main shape is there and the design is clear. Shame you didn't put up some sort of description. Next time you'll have to work your entry out a little more with color and everything to make it to poll though.

Mr. Natural: Same story here, it is still sketchy. Again, shape and design were clear so I took it to poll this time. I expect a more finished entry next time though.

Fughi from Yuggoth: Contrary to what I said in the main thread, I took yours to poll. One reason was because I think you did something with my comment, but the main reason was because I think it is an improvement from what I've seen of you before and I think it should be rewarded for that, even though you used a 3d as base.

Jorge f. Muñoz: As a first time poster in this thread, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and included you in the poll. Next time, spend some more time on your entry and apply some color.

Schunnin: I almost included you in the poll, but then I read the text under your picture saying it was only the 3d model so I decided against it. No time to apply texture is no excuse

EElevation: On the edge of quality, mainly because you should've spend a little more time on it probably. Again, benefit of the doubt for a first entry in IDW

Form2function: At first, I only saw a black blob in the center of the image. After looking a bit more closely I decided it was the monitor I am working with at the moment, so I included it in the poll. Still, I think you can do better, so I hope next time you'll take a little more time for it

Nutkin: I gave you my reasons for not including yours in the poll via PM.

Phew, took me quite some time to get it all up. If I forgot anything or made a mistake, let me know. I might react somewhat slow away for a couple of days so I won't check in here frequently.

Last edited by yoitisi; December 23rd, 2007 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    Form2function: At first, I only saw a black blob in the center of the image. After looking a bit more closely I decided it was the monitor I am working with at the moment, so I included it in the poll. Still, I think you can do better, so I hope next time you'll take a little more time for it
    After a recent conversation I had with a friend and your comment about that, I've realized I really need to re-calibrate the monitor again. My gamma seems to be higher than many. I made a quick adjustment to the brightness, so please tell me if that helps at all. I also threw in the text I was going to post instead, while waiting for you to unlock the poll.

It's definitely not my finest hour on this one, mainly because I kept going back and forth on whether I would be submitting at all due to time-constraints and last minute travel plans. I pushed it in the final hour just to get it done, but it still needs more love.

Everyone else... Crit's coming once I've had my coffee.

Thanks
    Ok, having recieved yoitisi's permission, i'm going to post my entry here. I missed the poll but in an effort to gain some value from this exercise, I would like to get some feedback for what i did.

nutkin's moster bag of feedback is on the way for all!

Last edited by nutkin; December 23rd, 2007 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks
    Because i cant vote for myself.. my next choice would be Hideyoshi.. and then Legato...

Hideyoshis tank just looks so cool and futuristic..

Legato seems to have worked hard on his picture..

I rendered my very first idea that i had when i opened the topic back then.. worked on the 3D sketch model for 2 days and rendered for one day in photoshop. Heres some more angles of my tank btw: http://dekus.deviantart.com/art/My-t...ncept-72618254

"Life is just a short period of time between birth and death..." -Me
    "As long as it looks good, Does it have to make Sense?" -SPEARdesign
    Gallery http://dekus.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/YTDekus
    Carbonmade http://dekus.carbonmade.com/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dekus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    For me it came down to Huhwhat, Hideyoshi, D-Holme and IcyM. While I like nutkin, dragonspit and Trashy's entries, they don't say "MAIN" battle tank. They are too light and sleek. Trashy's is cool, but looks kind of like a tennis shoe. Doesn't have the heavy duty feel.

Jim Hatama and Legato, you both could have worked on the rendering more, or finish the piece more, which otherwise are good designs (JH's is a little too standard I guess).

I think Hideyoshi did a terriffic job with the presentation, the silhouette duo-tone displays on the right are great.
    D-Holme taht sure is a heavy duty tank, I just wish you had shown more than just a profile. It wouldn't be fair to give you my vote, because the others had to deal with perspective

IcyM do you play Magic the Gathering by any chance? Because your name reminds me of the Icy Manipulator card Yours and Hideyoshi's are my two favourites here. Slightly slightly I have to give the edge to Hideyoshi. Cool piece though!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon4lunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My Vote going to Hideyoshi

a lot of really good post with some pretty wide open ideas for something that would seem almsost common place. the kind of design concepts I love to look at personally. nice job all.

the addded Coyote. the main portion of this write up is main battle tank. Your entry is way to small for that and even says so in your description. some additional detail would be good.

Hideyoshi: got my vote as usual the design, description and presentation are dead on. it looks like a main functional tack, somewhere in the future but still recognizable for what it is. nice job.

Rain: this was an interesting post. couldnt really grasp it because of its size and how different the idea was. Well thought out and nice presentation.

EElevation: I liked the design. It could use some harder lines. what I didnt understand was how it moved around. Missing at least some description was detremental for you.

Trashy: nice clean design, decently rendered, just not anything new, not bad, just not good enough to get past the Hidemiester.

IcyM: I really like this one to. Adding textures would have pushed this just a bit more. but it was well done.

F2F: another one I liked a lot for its design. even though the stealth factor required that loss of detail, the loss of the little detail just took away from the "tank" look. the side profiles help clarify that alot and makes sense, but when just looking at it, it just looks, like it should have more detail. I think I might have picked this second.

D-Holme: aaha mr. steampunk himself. huge monolith. this also was a good design andwell represented. as usual you steampunk rendition reads well. I woul dlike to seen this tightend up as far as the drawing part goes. but all in all it was a good entry.

Mr Natural: a solid design and nicely detailed. I believe for a final post, color is a must. even then, the design is pretty common place so I doubt you would have gotten past a few other, but then again, this is all about learning and if I cared who won, I would never post myself, lol.

fughi: not bad, but pretty light. if its 3d a more dynamic perspective might have helped.

jorge: Looks interesting, but not much more than a scketch.

huhwhat: I liked this one from the start. I think some more details would have helped push it. the textures look good. to soft in some areas.

Dekus: Nice perspective, all those sketches were cool looking and was good to see your design concept process. the finish, looks almost to clean but the gun is just a really cool design. another one that I consider for my vote.

Jim Hatama: I really like the way you painted this. the size compared to the guy is just so off. It couldnt be that small. or that guy, couldnt be that big. the design itself didnt seem all that new, but the way you presented made it just way cool looking.

Grenogs: this was thinking out of the box. The texturing was cool and painting decent. I like the idea about the elongated war giving reasonability to the design.

Legato: Not having anything to do with the track design. i like your design the most. It made sense, it was realistic in the near future and very mobile and big enough to be a main tank. I thought your painting, soften up the line work and with the darks, hid, way to much. however trying to do this in snow, when you stated backgrounds are a weak point for you, would be an undertaking you didnt steer away from. kudos points for that, and how you did the lighting. I think if you sharpened up linework, so that your sketched details would should up, this would have been dynamic. a good showing none the less.

a response to D4lunch in review: you stated my post didnt have main battle tank? its acronymed in the title. as a 5man crew, with two in the turret cockpit. I dont see how you can see this as a light unit, or, do mean the armor? which I chose not to explain.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dragonspit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dragonspit Thank you very much.. at least someone even mentioned my name... i appreciate what you say...

"Life is just a short period of time between birth and death..." -Me
    "As long as it looks good, Does it have to make Sense?" -SPEARdesign
    Gallery http://dekus.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/YTDekus
    Carbonmade http://dekus.carbonmade.com/

Thanks
    voted for hideyoshi, kick ass tank!

Dragonspit- thanks for doing that crit, you are the man!
    dekus- I liked your tank , and I respect the effort you put in to it, going all out with the models and everything, good job man!

http://endlesselevation.deviantart.com/
    my dev art page...check check it out

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EElevation For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Haven't quite had my coffee yet, but here goes anyway.

First off, amazing turnout compared to the last round. What the heck is it about tanks folks love so much...Or maybe some of ya'll are just sick of staring at your medusa, eh? Whatever the reason, keep coming back!

The quality definitely jumped up to what it should be on a regular basis, which makes for good learning, stiff competition, and some difficult voting in the end. Here's my patented f2f crit™ for each of the entries:

oDaYWaLKeRo: What happened? Your first sketches were looking promising, and the revised sketch definitely had detail in it... I think even some simple marker passes like you did for your rough sketches would have helped it. Whatever the case, it's still very much a sketch so I can crit it much either way.

Mr. Natural: Loved the background on this one, as I told you in the discussion topic thread. I thought you had said you had yet to finish up a render for it, but as with many these days time was short. I do love the turret on it definitely and it's a solid design. Shame you didn't take it all the way, but if you do please share it with us.

fughi from yuggoth
    : A nice concept and some nice touches on it as well, such as the wolf logo. Technically, for me it feels a bit too light on it feet for an MBT. But that's just my opinion. On the design side, I would definitely suggest loosening up your lines and painting style. You have a wonderfully detailed design, but the sharpness and thinness of the lines make the tank look like a toy (meaning unrealistic and plastic) and the presentation like a coloring book. Work on it and I'm sure you'll improve. Shadows are a good place to start.

jorge f. muñoz: If you can manage to get a job as a concept or industrial designer for ACME, you my friend are set for life. The design itself has some more thought put into it than one sees at a glance, but I'm afraid the sketchy lines and comic style and/or proportions make it hard to take it seriously. Which isn't necessarily a problem keep in mind, if you can push that angle harder. I think if your piece was fully painted it would stand its ground much better. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with on the upcoming round of toys though, as something tells me it'll be unique. Hope you find the time.

huhwhat: Amazing render, great palette, good design... In that order. Yours and Legatos are my two favorites of the lot. And oddly enough you have a similar painting style as well (which I envy). As with a few other designs though, it comes close to departing from an MBT. And it's mainly the legs that do that for me. However, you gave such a convincing argument for the legs in your description that I can't hold it against your design. And the description itself deserves applause. My only qualm is utterly subjective and its on the name. The Lynx is one of my favorite felines of all time, but I just don't see it in your design. I can see the antennas as references perhaps, but the whole thing is utterly insectoid. Something more in those lines would have fit the design better I think. Of course, what's in a name...

Dekus: A definite improvement from the last round. You've obviously spent a lot of time over this design, so I'm not surprised. I see you also pulled out those ghost wolf brushes again, heh. All in all I think the design is good. The render is clean, but it feels a little stark. My feeling is that you might have spent too much time trying to model it in 3D and not as much time working on the painting and presentation. It feels a bit too much like a straight model render. You also pulled one of my personal pet peeves, which is headlights in an already lit environment. Don't know how it bugs me all that much, but it never fails to do so. Feels like someone forgot to turn of the lights when parking and is going to come back to a dead battery. In any case... Great job and a very marked improvement. Keep it up.

Jim Hatama: Yours is a very emotional and moody piece and I absolutely love your palette, more so than any other from this round. The green/brass patina on the tank is stunning. I wish you could have finished the whole thing a bit more, but the figures don't bug me all that much due to the artistic style you have. What does bug me is the same thing I commented on before, the size. I'm not even sure if a man could fit inside it as is. Definitely not in the turret at least. All that was needed was to make the people smaller, but what can we do. It's still a top-notch piece.

Grenogs: I have to say it.... Put the glowing brush down and step away slowly. You're lethal with that thing. All jokes aside though, you definitely used it appropriately here. It's still a bit too neon and detracts from the tank, but what helps it is the red of the cannon that draws your eye back to it a bit. And at least it definitely looks like gas this time as opposed to radioactive plasma. The painting itself is great and I think I like it best from what I've seen from you thus far. The cannon reminds me of nutkin's sniper rifle for some reason and I think I've had that in the back of my head since I saw it. No point there, just thought I'd share it. I'm still not convinced that it can really run a straight line, but you did one thing that helps and that's making the rollers bigger (slower) on the long part and smaller (faster) on the round part. If that was intentional to make it work technically, good thinking. There are stronger entries this round, but what I like about yours is the character and uniqueness the design has. Which most of your work seems to always have. Don't ever lose that!

Legato: Don't think I need to say much, since we've discuss it at length. I think it's good that you're pushing new techniques and into new territories and damned be the consequences. Seeing the final, I really like the contrast and lighting on it. The harshness and length of the shadows does a great job of indicating the appropriate time of day for the scene and amount of light and it all fits together perfectly. Still don't think you needed to blur the roof and it's actually a touch more distracting for me personally than any depth issues it might have had before, but it's bearable. The reason yours will get my vote over huhwhat (after I get some sleep and take one last look at them all), is that you brought all the components of the other pieces together into one. You kept to the brief while still thinking outside the box, you painted the tank itself beautifully and in detail but didn't skimp on the background, and you gave the whole thing a cohesive feel. What's missing? The presentation board (ie. border, text, etc.). I have a feeling you worked so long on the render that you completely forgot about it.

Dragonspit: Well thought-out design concept and a pretty good presentation of it. What I like is the design itself and the fact you still pulled depth out of it while using more of a marker style. What could be better? First off, your choice of colors and contrast. Try opening it up in photoshop, desaturating it, and you'll see the whole thing is just about the same value (squint if you don't see it). What that does is make it look extremely flat and extremely hard to read (visually). I can tell you tried to offset it with the red against the green, but color itself is rarely enough. The other thing is minor, but I would have preferred to have the tank in a closed position on the upper left corner instead of a second view of the turret, just so I can get a sense of what it looks like closed (assuming that's what it does). Try working on the contrast and values for the next one and I'm sure it'll be much better. And welcome back.

---crit and general comments for Yoitisi's second post of entries (and yes, you too nutkin) will follow tonight after I get some sleep, as I'm practically falling asleep at the keyboard---

18. The Following User Says Thank You to form2function For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dragonspit: thankx for the review. Yea I decided to try do something whacky Wish I had had more time to tighten things up.

Anyways I voted for Huhwhat. I really like this design..especially imagining the tank animated. Breaking out of the ´classical ´tank silouhette and making it work, good job. For me it was actually a close between EElevation and Huhwhat.

Wish I had time to write more in depth reviews but gotta dash:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.