Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Some weapon designs!

Cheers Coro for the inspiration! Props to that man!

PEW PEW!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    What means that picture in you signature? And shouldn't you mention that it's Alice's?

Thanks
    Sorry Mydrim, I dont get what you mean? Who's Alice? And do you mean the avatar of the slobbering freak of mine?

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Thanks
    I am very sorry, I just found it elsewhere Obviously, it is a bug - I see Alice Duke's artwork in every your signature and in some other random posts. Well, it happened other time with Texahol icon, omg.. It's me or it's CA? Anyway, really sorry about that.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6336/wtfcv0.jpg

Thanks
    heh! no worrys, was just wondering what you was talking about. That is quite the strange bug!

Heres a few portraits initially for the main char of the Zindarz Project. Although can be used for any of the chars if it comes to it . Started off just doing a couple of heads but than started multiplying them and tweaking them slightly to give a bit of a difference in appearance. Will have to decide on a good face to go with soon and most probably bumb down the 'HIP' style of the hair, as he will be a prisoner of sorts I dont think it will be as colorful

Would like to see what you guys and girls think of course!
    Cheers!

Sean

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Thanks
    DRUNE (humans): A subhuman species that are slowly dyeing out. It was said in scriptures lost long ago (but actually being held by the Dratons) that this race once dominated a planet of there own (Earth). This planet was brutally attacked by the planet devourer Numbratore leaving those who knew how, to flee there only home.

Some say a race of aliens took pity on them and helped against the attacking force leading the humans away to there new destiny: the galaxy Zindarz. These are of course sketchy and muddled as generations of humans lost there ancestry.

The Dratons were the ones who rescued the Drune from Earth, when it came under attack by the planet devourer (or so they say). They took them to Triton and nurtured them in their ways, only to find that the Drune wanted freedom more than anything, feeling that the Dratons constantly busy working life style too hard and so a revolt happened, the Drune demanding that they have some choice in the matter.

There express views diddent go down to plan, and the Dratons suddenly treat them like prisoners, using force to make them do as they bid. Some Drune escaped but most were held under lock and key in the various sorting factory's. This prisoner system carried on for century's until it became apparent that the Drune would rather die out than continue being treat like this, denying to breed and keep the numbers up the Dratons decided it best to let them have there way to a point. Branding there foreheads with the Draton insignia, they were allowed to venture from the planet, able to be tracked if needed.

Relationship with Dratons : Quite a mixed view, while most of the humans feel they are treated unfairly and sometimes wish they never ‘saved’ them in the first place, there are a few who have come to see the Dratons way of life and are thankful for there time to serve them and recieve the minimal food supply and other necessity's for survival.

Relationship with Flax (Dino/Humanoid Species): Mutual. As they are much more human like than the Dratons and do not owe this never ending debt to them the Drune do lean more to the Flax way of life. Although are intimidated by there war like and savage ways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So above shows the Drune clothing as Draton slaves. I went with a more minumal design orientated look. Dratons dont understand and dislike emotion so thought adding curvy and detailed clothing would probably be something the Draton would not pick for them to wear.

Obviously clothing would probably be a bit more raggedy then shown here with some slaves and this particular guy might not be the main character of the game, I am thinking more of a side character that could join your team.

Anyway I am sure your bored of reading all this so cya later!

PS : sorry about the hand, I know its sloppy! Clothing was my main priority here of course. heh!
    Peace!
    Sean

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Thanks
    this is some amazing stuff man! I took the time to read through all your descriptions of the alien races. I like the lurker the best, but I don't understand their role quite as much I guess. Wish I could play the game, sounds sweet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Toxdel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The close cut hairstyle looks like it'd make the most sense, and that little design is a good idea, like a brand or something along those lines. I also wanted to mention that the head on your latest one looks rather small compared to the body.

Great concept and all, man, those planets and creatures are crazy. Keep posting!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JJ McKool For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Toxdel: Nice one man, thanks for the input! I will clean up the lurkers role in this game from your advice soon. Cheers bud!

JJ Mckool: Thanks man, I do that head thing a lot I think. Will have to stop that bad habit! Should be doing some more creatures HOPEFULLY soon, after the actual level design phase is out the window.

Anyway, heres a quickly of the Sqeech, for naughty slaves! Mwahahahh!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Thanks
    Just a quick turnaround image of the 3d model I have been working on in 3dsmax, and Zbrush. This is about as far as I am going to go with it as other things are calling me *sigh*. Have to actually finish rigging him and also complete another char, finally finishing a cinematic animation. Hard times!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Thanks
    really good concepting man, kudos!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to maxetormer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice one maxetormer! Your pretty damn good too! Lovely portfolio ya got there! Well done!

Another little update :

And yes, I dont expect you to read all this, mainly for my own idealization of the level flow, although if ya do get the time to read what i have so far, illd love to hear your thoughts.

Heres the starting level of the Zindarz Project that I have been working on these past couple of months.

This part still isnt finalized just yet, still have some cleaning up to do with lighting and some rendering out cleaner but you get the general feel for it here. I kept the lighting to the same kind of monochrome level and textures to the minimum because I feel it would distract from the actual layout which is what this is all about for now.

Its quite handy having worked in factorys and knowing how some parts are set out when it comes to this! The chip factory Mcains played a big role in some layout and the process of getting those chips into the final packaging, although here its crystals

Below is how you would go around the factory starting at (1) and going from there for anyone interested and has the time. I will update this image and the written story work as I progress with it. Have fun!

Sean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction Cinematic :

Looking through the eyes of your character you see a blurry shape in the form of a Draton Silencer and two other too blurred out to make out forms behind it.

The Draton Grabs your face with its 4 claw like hands and pulls you in close to its disgusting face where its eyes begin to pulsate and glow. The screen turns slightly red and a scream from your own lungs is heard as the Draton wipes parts of your memory with its psychosis glare. The screen turns black as you pass out to the ground in agony.

1) A Draton Bouncer drags your body outside the changing rooms and throws you against the wall.

‘’Getsss Yours *clicking noise from mouth* Toolsss humansss’’

A man is seen in the background emerging from (4), looking nervous as he spots the Draton and backs back from where he came.

(2) Not much to do in here but press the buzzer next to the conveyer and wait for your tools to come out. This includes a Saw.

(1) You hear a voice whispering from the door next to (3).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONVERSATION

‘’Hey man, get over here!’’

(3) The man comes out of his hidey hole and asks you if the Bouncer has gone. You can at this point ask him what a ‘Bouncer’ is or reply with a yes. If you ask about the Bouncer he will ask you what planet your on with a dumbstruck look on his face.

‘’Wow wow….did you just ask me what a Bouncer is!? Shit! You don’t even know who I am do ya?’’

Uhhh, have we met? - Proceed to (A)
    Im not sure, my head is killing! - Proceed to (A)
    Get lost! - Proceed to (B)

A - Shit I knew it! I could tell by that look in ya eyes man, hey hey, look at me…..*you raise your head slightly as he stares at you as if studying you*…yep, you’ve been mind wiped! Can ya remember what you did to piss off those ugly son of a bitches?

B - Hey man! No need to get snappy with me! Its me! ….*stares at you as it studying you*…oooh shit, no wonder your cranky. You’ve been mind wiped! Must have done something pretty bad to piss off those ugly son of a bitches, can you remember anything before it happened?

Ugly Son Of A Bitches? - Proceed to (A)
    Mind Wiped? - Proceed to (B)
    No, not much - Proceed to (B2)
    Just Leave Me Alone! - Proceed to (B3)

B - ‘’When our kind try anything dodgy, like start an uprising, fight, sex even!! Youll more than likely get taken into the mind wipe chambers. That’s when the Silencer Draton will literally just have to look at you, and that’s it, part of your mind is gone!…Looks to me like he took a damn lot of your mind man, I better give you the run down.

A - ‘’Ya man, the Dratons…D-R-A-T-O-N-S! The insect freak shows who run this place! Man, they hit you harder than I thought. Don’t surprise me really, considering there bad attitude for our race. (B2- I don’t know exactly how much ya forgot but ill go through this briefly for ya… The Dratons ‘rescued’ our race from some planet waay back in history. I cant remember how far so don’t ask me. So they took us into this galaxy and and gave us a home on this moon Fauz2. Only, they did dent let us leave the damn moon and soon forced us to take permenant locked down friggin residence here.

Want me to go on, or are ya bored already?

I need to learn, go on - (Proceed to (A)
    For the love of God shut up! - Proceed to (B3)

A - Man, most people cant stand my jabbering…Ok so, when this planet we lived on was doomed, they sent a fleet of there ships out to grab up as many of us as they could before some nasty alien race destroyed our asses. Apparently, and this is what ive read from scriptures given to us, is that the Dratons also found our races fleet escaping from the planet and took them in also. This was kind of good for the Dratons ya see, as that fleet of ships held some of the finest talent our species had to offer…these walls *he thumps the metal wall* …this weird little box that hums constantly *he kicks the wall mounted computer system*, its mostly all our technology…*The wall mounted computer makes a buzzing sound and hums to a stop* heh, yeah im pretty sure the Dratons made that piece of shit.

So, if that aint enough, we have to use OUR technology to support THERE frigging crystal fetish! Every friggin day of our lives, we have to sort through TONS of crystals that apparently can be used to generate energy and some other voodoo magical crap. I aint never seen these so called magical crystals in action, its just what the Dratons tell us. Im frankly getting quite sick of all this shit!! I just friggin don’t see the….*A buzzing sound is heard coming from a metallic chest plate attached to his clothes, it starts to glow faintly with a redish aura*…oh, ummm, that’s not good. These things *taps the red light* are heart monitors…I forgot to mention, the Dratons don’t apreciate our edgy emotions….seems there jeoloss that we can feel and they cant…*breaths slowly, as the lights glows down to nothing*…;phew. Let me just tell you, ya don’t want that thing on red for long. Well, you’ve seen what happens, big bouncer with an attitude will come up straight in ya face, and what will come next hurts like a bitch. *points to his scar on his face* I know, ive been there…

B3 - *whistles to himself* man, touchy arent we? Don’t worry you’ll be feeling better soon, the mind wiping can make ya a bit grouchy. Just rememmber im not the enemy here ok, the Dratons are…

*A buzzing is heard on the door next to (3)*

Aha, that’s my call, wanna bit of target practice?

Shooting What? - Proceed to (A)
    Im outta here - Proceed to (B)

A - Grubbers, there pipe dwellers…actually there not meant to even be on this moon let alone the factory. Must have hid on some ship and snuck in somehow…anyway its my job to secure the area down there. *A light on the door flashes* Crap! Closer than I thought come on!

B - Ok ok, ill catch up with ya in a bit! Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do! *he runs into the door and it closes shut behind him*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you decided to help him, you climb down the ladder into (4). Noises can be heard down the layers of piping behind the rail. He takes a lazor off the wall and throws you it. Looking over the rail you can see Grubbers jumping up the pipes trying to get to the area your standing in. Theres a total of 10 grubbers to kill here. You can break the pipes to stop them jumping up too, the guy will shout at you to try and keep your aim on the grubbers only, and that any pipes broken will be blamed on him.

Once there gone the guy will either congratulate you on a job well done and let you keep the gun, or quickly snatch the gun back off you and swear to himself. ‘’I am going to get so ass kicked when the Dratons see this mess!’’ and than tells you to leave.

Now go back up the ladder and down the coridoor to (5). Scanners are on either side of you here, A very short cutscene will follow showing the scanners flashing in an intimidating way. The camera pans up to the ceiling of the chamber where a Draton Lurker awakes from his sleep as he hangs from a metal bar. He screeches and two of his friends fly out of the Lurker holes on the walls (The orange glowing circles). They land with heavy thumps before you, one of them grabs your arms as the other pulls your head around to check what set the alarm off. The third says something in the second Lurkers ear in a strange tongue. There is a slight pause and they release you, leaping back up to the ceiling and into the Lurker holes.

Looking over the railing at (6) you can see human workers going about there business. The place is very much alive with activity. People go about there jobs discreetly, occasionally looking up to the ceiling at the Lurkers keeping a good eye on them.

One of the workers, an older man asks you to help him out with a problem in one of the crytal bins (7).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONVERSATION

‘’Hey there pal, fancy helping out an old man?’’

Whats the problem? - Proceed to (A)
    Sorry Im in a rush.. - Proceed to (B)
    Im sure you can handle it ‘old man’.. - Proceed to (B1)

B - Well fine, have it your way…*mutters something about younguns as he walks off* END

B1 - Hey! That was uncalled for! What is it with you younguns and disrespecting your elders!? Pfft, go play with your toys then!
    END

A - I need someone to help me grind up some of those bigger chunks of crystal rock sticking out of that middle bin over there *he points*. I uhhh, had a little accident the last time that happened. *shows you a nasty looking cut on his hand*.

No problem! - Proceed to (A1)
    Ummm, actually I got places to go, sorry - Proceed to (B)
    Do it yourself you clumsy ‘old man’ - Proceed to (B1)

A1 - *he opens the gate for you to let you in and walks up to the bin in question* Stand on the loader and ill activate it. (8) *you stand on the loader and he presses the button, rising it to the top of the bin* Right youngun, now use that drill of yours and hack away at the big piece of rock, just make sure ya don’t over put too much pressure on it or ya saw will back fire. *you drill at the rock, as you do a meter comes up on screen showing the pressure areas of the rock, drilling in the wrong place will make the pressure go up faster on the saw, if it goes over the limit, your saw will slide off the rock and cause you a bit of damage. Once the rock has been cut up the rest of the rock and crystal fall down into the bin* Excellent work youngun! *He presses the button to let you back down*

Good work, now ill have my drilling tool back please…

Sure - Proceed to (A)
    This is my drill! - Proceed to (B)
    You want the drill ‘Old Man’!? - Proceed to (B1)

A - *you hand him the drill* Thankyou, ill let you get on with your work now youngun. Thanks for helping out an old man…END

B - *he looks at you puzzled* really!? Hmm, my mind isn’t what it used to be im afraid. My apologeze youngun, ill just get back to work then…END

B1 - *you walk up to him and smash the drill in his face, he crumples to the floor…’’how DARE you!, you asked for it!’’ *his heart monitor is noticeably flashing by this point as he grabs a metal bar to lunge at you. A lurker spots him and lands between the both of you, grabbing the mans head and smashing it against the bin a few times before leaping back up to the ceiling and into the Lurker hole with him screaming and shouting* END

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depending on what you chose, the old man will either lean against one of the bins and wait for the next load of crystals or not be around due to being dragged off. Later on if you revisit this section you will find him staring into space with a Squeech attached to his spinal column and ignores you.

Walking up to the big shutter door at (9), a Draton Bouncer stand guarding the door. Speaking too him he says ‘’youss notsss allowedsss insss disss areass humansss! Inspectionsss areasss forsss yousss!’’ Your map will pop up showing the destination hes talking about.

In the room (10) The door to the right is locked for the time being. The only way to go is on the elevator. Activate and proceed down to the Inspection Facility.

Before you is a set of inspection lines. When you get to (12) a small cutscene will show above you on the walkway a Draton Lurker pointing to the inspection lines. At which point a Draton Bouncer at (13) will get your attention and order to follow him to (14).

You automatically get your saw out and the line of rock and crystal comes down the line. Your meant to drill open any rock and see if crystal is inside, if its not you deposit it in the tubing beside the line. The Draton Bouncer will make this clear to you. Once you have deposited five rocks the Bouncer leaves.

After 4 seconds a small rock hit’s the line next to you, until it gets your attention. Turning around you see a gorgeous woman standing on her line. She gives you a look like ‘’well?’’.

A Siren Is heard echoing throughout the whole factory, than a mighty crash shakes the place, dust falls from the ceiling of the impact. The two Dratons all run into there holes to figure out whats going on as the woman jumps over her conveyer line and grabs you by your shirt :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONVERSATION

‘’WELL!!?’’

Well what!? - Proceed to (A)
    Take your hand off me! - Proceed to (B)

B - ‘’Just tell me, is it time or not!?’’ *she shoves you with her fist*

A - ‘’WELL WHAT!? What do you mean WELL WHAT!? Is it time or not!?’’

I don’t even know you! - Proceed to (A)
    Right, that’s it! - Proceed to (B)

A - WHAT THE FUCK!? *she pulls your eyelid up as she studys both your eyes* Oh no…*she steps back from you releasing her grip*…’’you’ve been mind wiped…SHIT!…*she thinks for a second as another loud impact is heard* it must be them…that means we only have another couple of hours to make it out of this place, come on!…

B - *you grab her wrist and pull it back but she takes out your legs and slams you against the conveyer with surprising force* HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!! *a look of realization hits her* * Oh no…*she steps back from you releasing her grip*…’’you’ve been mind wiped…SHIT!…*she thinks for a second as another loud impact is heard* it must be them…that means we only have another couple of hours to make it out of this place, come on!

Ok! - Proceed to (A)
    What the hell is going on!? - Proceed to (B)
    No way crazy lady! - Proceed to (B1)

B - Theres no time to explain doofus! Just get your ass in gear and lets go!END

B1 - Do you know who your talking to!? Im your higher in command so you better not piss me off any more than you actually have, or this little thing here *she pulls out her saw* Is gonna do some serious work right here *she lowers it to groin level, at which point you comply* END

A - END

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adria is now part of your team.

MORE COMING SOON

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Thanks
    This is Adria, a main character for the Zindarz Project.

This painting shows her in a more natural state in the more laid back rebel environment. I needed to convey a sense of tribal instinct in her clothes and weapon. The weapon is actually one of the weapons I created for the factory level, except modified as a spear.

The 1st of three main characters fully illustrated! Watch out for the second! Thanks for looking! This one is the love interest of the main character.

Sean
    Peace!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.