Duelsman: The New Edo Saga, Chapter I

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Duelsman: The New Edo Saga, Chapter I

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael Hutchinson and my company's name is Imadreams Studio Works LLC. We have just finished producing Duelsman: The New Edo Saga.

It's an action-anime style short, and is the first of five chapters that will be released online.

It's completely free to watch, so you can feel free to watch it as many times as you like. Please tell a friend about the animation, and stop by our forums to begin posting. Here's the link to my website, you will be able to view it from there:

www.imadreams.com

Michael Hutchinson
    Imadreams Studio Works LLC

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It would be better if your website didn't open new windows. I found it harder than it should have been to find the link to watch the movie

About the clip itself, some animations felt too stiff, walking cycles specially. I also HATE two things about it: 1) The fight felt like "I fight for the sake of it" 2) The "I cut the guy in 2 pieces with my katana" is a big cliche, and why do you need to show how the spine and all that stuff so explicitly, it adds nothing.

Sorry if that was too harsh, it wasn't intended, just sincere criticism. Anyway, I wouldn't be able to do anything of that level right now, so you have my respect

Last edited by Favila; December 21st, 2007 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry you had a difficult time. I'll probably go back and at least nake the Duelsman mini site open in the same window.

Did you get a chance to watch the vid? If not, just click the "watch chapter 1" part of the screen to the left and you'll go right to it.

Sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It has potential but it dragged on way too long. The slow camera panning was overused and took up at least 1/2 of the run time. We really didn't learn anything about the character and as such it read as gratuitous violence. The style has potential, it just reads as rather inconsistent and lacking in the perspective department (everything read as being flat and anatomically incorrect). The line in the beginning saying "Let the tell begin here" should be changed to "Let the tale begin here" Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    It has potential but it dragged on way too long. The slow camera panning was overused and took up at least 1/2 of the run time. We really didn't learn anything about the character and as such it read as gratuitous violence. The style has potential, it just reads as rather inconsistent and lacking in the perspective department (everything read as being flat and anatomically incorrect). The line in the beginning saying "Let the tell begin here" should be changed to "Let the tale begin here" Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the critique. I did notice the "tell" part, but only after it was too late. I did this by myself, so as you can imagine, there are inevitably some things that I would miss. When I host the the animation on my site, the quality will be higher, and the typo will be fixed.

Also, you must remember, this is the first episode, meant only to catch the attention of the viewer. There is only so much I can tell in a 3 to 4 minute span. I wanted to establish him as a good fighter who is not hesitant to kill.

In later episodes, ie. chapter 2, you will definitely learn more. You have to remember, I can't put everything in one episode.

And for the lack of dimension, I will add more dynamic views in the next episode. This is my first finished animation. Therefore, I was bound to make a few mistakes. I was just happy to complete it.

Please come back and watch the next one when it is released. Thanks a lot for your critique.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.