Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I don't have a clever name for my Sketchbook, but you should click it anyway.

Thanks
    Good Stuff papaphobian! Those dogs are the strongest drawings I see here. I second markey2d's motion on structural drawing and anatomy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to keith eager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    toastertoaster haha thanks...gotta love quadratics! computer drawing is funnn I'll keep that in mind next time I draw. I don't put as much thought/energy into stuff as I should, but having to upload everything for everyone to seeee might help motivate me a little more. it's the actually getting time to draw that's killing me!

kai my calc teacher doesn't even notice me and i sit right in the front row right in front of her haha, she must think i study at home or something because all I do is draww in her class. and i agree it's no fun without creative stuff. maybe i should take more math classes to get the creative juices flowing haha

markey I wonder what it'll be in 10 pages too...with my fingers crossed. i requested the bridgman book from my library and i downloaded the loomis books some time ago. I really need to get better at managing time so I can actually read them

keith thanks for your help!

i've been having some stress problems lately..I have six hours of school, four hours of work, and any days that I get off of work my friends want to hang out. it's too bad my friends aren't into art, otherwise i'd be all set!

anyway for my new years resolution i bought an agenda and I made a schedule which includes lots of drawing, so I'll be updating a lot more often after this one.

Here is the concentration I've been working on the past few days
    I don't have a clever name for my Sketchbook, but you should click it anyway.
    Its acrylic paint on canvas board. The back header pipe and the wire tie in the top right still need some work, and if anybody can point out anything else i should work on while i'm at it, I'd be really grateful!

really small study for school of some stairs in a library, we were supposed to experiment with charcoal. but i dont think i did much experimenting, haha.

annnnd, lastly here are two peer project things
    I pretty much don't understand lighting at all.

My thought process was basically "the things closest to the light source are lit up, and the things facing away and which are further away are duller"

Add lighting to the list of things I really need to work on
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    Real quick before I go to bed, here's a doodle, some hands/feet, and a posedoll study. Sorry about the doodle of the girl in the hands/feet drawings, I wasn't really trying as hard as I should have been.

More tomorrow!
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    I have drawings, but I have no energy to scan them

I did do this yesterday for about an hour and a half, any tips would be appreciated.

I finished applying to college and I also quit my job so I can hopefully get the time thing worked out.
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add the DSG Sketch from today:

30 minutes? The light confuses me..I think I tried to do something much harder than I could do haha.
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    Here are two more concentrations

One is colored pencil one is regular pencil...I betcha you can't tell which.

I have a lot of stuff I need to scan and take pictures of, I have some time off on sunday I'll probably do it then.
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks

scannage

First is a bunch of studies for school of ideas for concentrations, I figured I'd empty out my school sketchbook.

Random/Recent Sketchbook things:

Random Junk:

I knnoooooow I should be practicing anatomy, but the only real time I have to draw it is at school. And it's hard to learn anatomy and calculus at the same time

Admittedly, thats not a good excuse,
    I'll start staying up later. I wish there was a way to make it fun.

PS> I got the president's scholarship from CCAD, for 32,000 I am still waiting to hear from SCAD, but tbh CCAD is my first choice anyway. So I don't really mind. I doubt they'll offer me anything different when you account for higher tuition/expenses etc.
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    here is some sketches, some acrylic color experiments from art class, my first oil painting (I think I shoulda practiced first), my next oil painting 15 minutes in, and a random picture which I have the urge to put in my sketchbook.

I got my financial aid letter from SCAD, they are offering 50k (12,500/year) compared to CCAD, which is offering 32k (8,000/year). I'm pretty sure I've decided to go to CCAD.

My AP portfolio is due to take slides of this week, and we are doing a mural in art class, hopefully I'll get some pictures of it. I should have more free time soon-all the better to practice anatomy with haha.

I'd be reallllly grateful for any thoughts and critiques!
    Last edited by Nickles; April 22nd, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    I figured I'd post this real quick before I go to bed to see if I can get any input on it before I work on it again tomorrow

It's a tshirt design for my boyfriend, at the top he wants "megadeth" and underneath he wants "looking down the cross" (his favorite megadeth song)

the background is going to be like a orange reddish sky, and there will be silhouettes of two more crosses behind him, all on top of a hill

I couldn't really work out how to do the hooks/teeth on vic rattlehead or if I even could (or should) get that much detail in.

if anyone spots anything i could fix or change let me know
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    how do I get him to stick out more compared to the letters?
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Thanks
    I officially need a new scanner. I had about 20 drawings, but I scanned two and then my scanner had a heart attack.
    My Sketchbook

I like ice cream

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2