Thanks

it has been two years...

Hello everyone. Well, today is the two year anniversary of the 9-11 tragedy. Just starting a thread to see everyone's thoughts, rants, etc. That day is day that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    a-hum. I'm not trying to bring some hellfire down on this thread but here goes :

I heard it announced in montreal as well and will contribute to it as many of my friends here and in other fairly large cities in the world will.
    Let us turn September 11 from a day of mourning into a day of culture.
    Jules Rimet, a collaborator of PRAVDA.Ru in Brazil, has sent us an excellent idea which is gaining pace around the world, to transform the forthcoming September 11 into a positive cultural exchange.

?Share a book!¦ is the slogan which will accompany those who decide to write a dedicatory message in a book and leave it in a public place for the first passer-by to pick it up.

The book should be one that the reader has enjoyed or one which marked him/her in some way. In return, the reader will find other books which have marked others.

The initiative will take place on the morning of September 11 in Paris, Brussels, Florence, San Francisco and many cities in Brazil, with many other cities at this moment deciding to join in the event.

This way the September 11 will be transformed from a day of mourning into one of generosity and cultural exchange.
    Disclaimer : I don't know who exactly holds the paternity of this idea. This article is the property of it's authors !

ege, with good intentions.

Thanks
    I think that's a good idea for daily life but I, personally, take umbrage to the attrempt to reduce what happened on the 11th to a bookshare program. Yeah, writing a dedication in the book is nice but the point of remembering what happened that day is NOT just to honor the dead... it is to never forget HOW THEY DIED.

I would direct you to this letter, from which I acquired my signature statement. It is the truth...

The truth of 9/11

Thanks
    i had plans to do more memorable things to reflect. but i was selfish , instead i just layed in bed reading the hobbit with the sheet over my head like i was 10 years old again, trying to block everything out and go someplace else.