Sketchbook: Ang's Sketchbook of Angels, Demons, Delights, and Random Boobs - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ang's Sketchbook of Angels, Demons, Delights, and Random Boobs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Because I promised random boobs! Here they are! They may be covered by pink cloth, but there are NIPPS! I did this quick little painting in about 2.5 hrs last night. Trying to keep up with SKETCHAVEMBER, a November event where you sketch a pic once per night! I have more to share in that vein, but for now, have a Drow pinup, since I missed the CHOW.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ladydove7; November 17th, 2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm calling this a 'head dump', which sounds rather macabre! I've always loved drawing the faces of characters, as that's what we as viewers identify with first. Many of these folks are from my own dabblings into fantasy writing, but I won't bore you with the details. I don't get much time to write these days, so I'm rather enjoying exploring characters via art instead, while also getting practice at making them all look different and unique.

(On that note, the 1st, 2nd, and 10th head are all the same guy in various stages of his life. Just in case there was any confusion.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Life Drawing Studies 1-26-2012

Finally resuming the practice of joining in life drawing sessions now that there's a place hosting here in town. I did these on a tiny 6x9 in. kraft paper art pad with a ballpoint pen and white color pencil or a brush marker. I like to use a pen so I don't obsess too long over correcting detail.

Here we have a batch of long poses from 5 to 20 minutes in length. Trying to recall my college days of paying attention to proportion, container shapes, and bony landmarks.

Want to join in and are in the Fayetteville, GA area? Come on down to Artworks on the Square!

Last edited by ladydove7; May 6th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More Life Drawing Studies

More life studies from the past month. Still getting my groove back and doing 'continuing education' to get my career goals back on track. I've been blogging about this, if anyone's curious.

I've been using the pixelovely life drawing tool when I don't have time to attend live sessions. Really wonderful tool!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ladydove7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dreaming Butterfly v2

WIP on an image I hope to get done for DeviantART's Draw it Again contest and before Rising Stars next month!

Using photo ref I took myself to try and get the perfect lighting and pose. I usually rush the planning process, but I took my time this time, which you can read more about the process over at this image's sketch diary.

Name:  dreaming-butterfly-wip-1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  95.0 KB
    Using Photoshop CS6 finally! (after many years of using CS2)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Melakim Fahre Concept Sheets

Returning to my sketchbook thread after a year long lull with a current project that's been in my personal files for awhile!

Last November, I finally participated in National Novel Writing Month and ended up starting a novel I had been gestating on for years (the morbidly curious can read the NaNoWriMo excerpts at my Tumblr. It made me realize there's such a wealth of narrative and imagery to be mined from my own characters that I'd be a fool not to bring these ideas to fruition for my own purposes.

I'm hoping to go the way of Dan Luvisi with my own novel/art book featuring my creations. Right now, I'm just in the redesign phase of dusting off these old ideas with a new layer of polish. Also taking the opportunity to delve into the character design process and teach myself more techniques related to concept art, which I am highly interested in.

First up, Melakim Fahré.

Setting: "Song of Exile", high fantasy setting, medieval level tech.

Brief: Melakim is a Hunter specializing in monsters who are closest to humans and human behavior (vampires, "Rot"/zombies, werewolves, possessed, hauntings, etc.). Wife, mother, former street kid. Every time she makes a kill, she adds a notch to her tattoos. The more notches you have, the higher your respect is amongst other Hunters. However, respect is a double-edged sword, as other Hunters might want to make a name for themselves by challenging you to a Hunter's Duel in order to prove their mettle by defeating you.

You can see a step by step of the redesign process with more detailed notes at her wipnation thread.

The final base:

Here we have a first row of gear for this gal, with more to come!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work, I really like the tattoo work on the character designs above. that girl looks like a real badass, someone you would not want to mess with.
    Your tonal paper sketches are good too, great uses of line weight and form. Keep it up

Hey, feel free to drop by my Skecthbook, DeventArt or facebook any time to see regular updates.
    Jonos Sketchbook
    Jonos DeviantART
    Jonos Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.