Sketchbook: Ang's Sketchbook of Angels, Demons, Delights, and Random Boobs
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ang's Sketchbook of Angels, Demons, Delights, and Random Boobs

Posting "Dreaming Butterfly" here so my sketchbook has a pretty thumbnail.

So Zephyri has been beating me over the head to start posting here for months and now I've finally done it. So here's a random splurge of what things I'm currently working on. I'm mainly a traditional artist who's just started venturing into digital work, so you'll probably see a lot of malformed tries at digital painting in here.

Winter for my seasonal angel series. She's got a Critique thread already if you'd like to post an in-depth comment:

The Reveler, an experiment in digital painting playing with cool blue lighting and illumination (in her glowing eyes). Still needs a ton of work.

Enchained Wind. A birthday present for my friend that I was supposed to give her last year, but am still obsessing over.

And just to show you that I AM capable of finishing something. Here's a few choice pics of my finished work:

And more to come later! For I have too much crap to stuff in one post. See you next time, chummers!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ladydove7; May 15th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

zephyri is offline professional guacamole maker Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aye, you know how to draw em in with the random promise of boobs, neh? And I can't exactly beat you too hard given I've only been here about a month myself. But it's damnable addictive this site, so it's good to see you taking the leap in too. I've already told you to get your butt into gear on that angel for bren, the air angel with the chains, it's by far your best piece to date digitally,certainly, the skin tones and lighting on that are brilliant. I'm thinking Siin's skin is a little too murky in the shadows still, that you maybe need to brave with the saturation of your colours, try not just going for a 'safe' shadow colour like the browns, and try some bounced rimlights or stronger more saturated colours like purples and reds in it too. But as a start, it'll be interesting to see where you take it. The neck on the winter angel is a little thick for the size of her head which is giving her a slightly manly look, and given the rest of her is quite long and willowy, it's a little incongruous.I'm not sure how well the wing framing her head will work, it has a tendancy to look like an elaborate headdress at the mo, but you might solve that with colour. But I love her boots and her outfit in general to bits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mm yes that wing behind her head is giving me issues since it's going to be black (she has raven wings), and yet her hair is black too. The "crown" is going to be snow flecked dead branches, so I may just have to relocate that wing elsewhere. I'll tweak with a few things and see what I can do to get her perfect. Thanks for your always helpful input

As for Reveler, yeah she's completely murky as I was trying out a method of blobbing down big areas of dark and light and then blending, so alot of it has been left unblended at the moment. I actually did try shading with dark blue in the shadows of that one but it doesn't show up much. I'll probably take that one back to the outline and try coloring it all over again as I'm not liking where it's going currently.

And while I'm here...*dumps more sketches*

More of Siin, the same lovely lady from Reveler:

Pixelart of a friend's chara for their birthday/christmas/new years:

Wow I should totally call this the thread of random projects I've started and never finished and late gifts for friends.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your drawings are pretty good and your colours are as well. I think that the chained wind piece is GORGEOUS and I can't believe you're not obsessing over finishing it. You seem only a few hours away too.

Neways. Good to see new faces. ciao.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh I obsessed for a month about Enchained Wind...but then just burned out on it. But now that I've come back to it, I really AM just a few hours away from finishing it. I think I will have a sit and work on it once I'm done with a few things.

Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here!

Last edited by ladydove7; December 20th, 2007 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More projects in the works.

Archangel Uriel II. This is a sketch revisiting my old try at Archangel Uriel with more detail and more push to provide a setting. I've decided against using this sketch however as I'd like to do a more stained glass nouveau style for the series. I love the sketch though so perhaps something will still be done with it?

Transformation. This was a relatively quick doodle of an alternate cover for Carol Berg's fantasy novel Transformation. I sent it to the author and she liked it very much so I've decided to color it for her. I'm thinking of digitally coloring this one.

Last edited by ladydove7; December 20th, 2007 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Alkaia Commission

Just finished up a sketch for a commission of a friend's chara. Seeing this next to my ref makes me want to tweak a few things. You can find that ref I used here (I do stock art as well): http://ladydove7-stock.deviantart.co...ing-8-72601519

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More old sketches that need finishing.

Sketch for a game sprite of my hunter character, Melakim. So old and such long legs! He's since been redesigned:

A quickie digital sketch of Dyani, a woman hunter cursed by a faerie to be trapped in the form of the elk she killed. Here she's finally released from her curse with the skin of the elk left behind, though she is forever bound to it spiritually.

A digital self portrait sketch with my color pencil scribblings on top of a print out. I really like this one, but have been saving it till I get better at digital coloring:

That's all for today!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice start for a sb! I like the colors in the first post ,,, are really nice,,
    but watch out your proportions in the post #7, the legs looks to long for me

keep posting!

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Desire for a Dying Day Sketch

Here's another years old sketch I've been wanting to do something with for ages. A fallen elvish priest comes dangerously close to losing his sanity in this old illustration for a joint story I'm writing with a friend called Fleeting Vision. If you're wondering what those wings are for, she's an angel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Foahyn Bathing

The angel from the previous sketch washing away the filth of a violent day while her wounded admirer gazes from the bedside (we're seeing this image from his perspective). This is another old one, but there's something about it I really like. Ah so many sketches, so little time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm Definitely not in a position to critique you but i just wanted to say great sketchbook and thanks for sharing

Davio
    Check out my sketchbook here
    Critiques are much appreciated
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=113616

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by, Davio. Glad to make any impression Glancing at your sketchbook has me flashing back to my years in Life Drawing class and drawing that damned skeleton model more times than I care to remember. Glad to see you're up and coming.

And while I'm here, here's another WIP from me! She also has a critique thread if you'd like to leave a more in-depth critique for her:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painscale Commission

Just a quick wip of an Everquest 2 lizardman character for a client. He requested a few custom modifications to him so he won't look exactly like the game shows them. I'm still rather getting the hang of digital work, but I've just upgraded the comp so perhaps now my photoshop can handle painting without dying.

Painscale here is still in the basic phases of coloration. I had a little help from Zephyri who suggested Nebeziel's tutorial here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rapunzel Collections 1 & 2

Here are a couple of pages collecting comic strips 1-8 of Rapunzel for my school's newspaper (The Connector at SCAD-Atlanta).

They're very rough since I don't have alot of time to work on them and I am also going for a medieval engraved/woodcut feel. I hope you enjoy them. Keep an eye out on ladydove7-story for more of the latest comics.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Winter Dragon

A gift for Zephyri of her wonderful dragon prince, Kana. I tried a relatively new method layering textures and colors for a metallic feel. I'm planning on offering limited edition prints of these on metallic paper. Anyone know any good resources for that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Enchained Wind WIP

Just updating on the progress of this piece. It's been very slow and steady, but I'm getting through it one day at a time when I can find time between school and work.

I've pretty much been refining details all around. If you want to give in-depth critiques, feel free to do so at this image's critique thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm I like your stuff, but some of the anatomy seems off to me. Keep up the digital work - you're progressing!

Last edited by Exquisite Beast; February 4th, 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there and thanks for stopping by! I know I am always learning more about anatomy with each piece. Alot of it comes right out of my head so there's always something missing. But I've taken to using more model references in recent times so I think I'm improving a bit. Most of the work here is more than a year or so old.

Though I wonder if there are any particular patterns of anatomy errors you might be able to point out to me? That would help me immensely

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rapunzel Collection III

More of my digitally woodcut Rapunzel comic. I hope you all enjoy it. If you do, you can keep a closer eye on it here: http://ladydove7-story.deviantart.co...Rapunzel-Comic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey im diggin this sketchbook, nice style you got here, some of the anatomy is a bit off but im sure you already know that. just keep studing those curves and shades, and posting. ill check in now an then to see how your progressing

"EVERY GOOD PAINTER PAINTS WHAT HE IS" Jackson Pollock

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for droppin by! Always glad to hear people will keep coming back

Any particular patterns you might be able to pick up on in my anatomy? I'm still trying to break myself of bad habits, but I'm not quite sure what all of them are yet. I'll have to upload more new stuff here too. Most of the stuff shown is very old and my anatomy is better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, to start off with some of the arms and hands seem to be limber and weak, try adding a few muscles details and see what happens from there

"EVERY GOOD PAINTER PAINTS WHAT HE IS" Jackson Pollock

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No critiques...Your stuff is awesome! I would like to see some studies, though. Keep drawing!

I'm only 15 and would like some comments/critiques/tips so CHECK OUT MY SKETCHBOOK! Please =] http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117399

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Archangel Michelle

I figured I'd upload a doodle page so you guys can see a bit of my process. I'm working with a new series of Archangels which deals with the female manifestations of the angels rather than the traditional male. Here is the doodle page for Archangel Michael/Michelle. I'm working with the color theme of my original Archangel Michael, which is a cool watery theme with peacock wings. This time the wings will include more realistic eyes instead of peacock eyes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phew haven't posted here in awhile! So thought I'd barrage you guys with lunch hour doodles for the Chara of the Week challenges. The scary lady sketches were for the Red Sonja challenge and the others are for the Blood Moon Monk challenge that's going on right now. I've been bouncing back and forth between the asian theme and the western franciscan theme. Which do you guys prefer?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tlaloc's Sacrifice and Blood Moon Monk Update

I've been a little too busy to sketch for CHOWs during lunch these days, so I've been getting to them a week or so after they're actually due. Thank goodness for the new thread for late-comers like me!

I've attached a color test for the Blood Moon Monk and also my first thumbnail for Tlaloc's Sacrifice, the CHOW involving the sacrifice of children to the Aztec rain god.

I chose to show a child adorned in the clothing of the female aspect of Tlaloc, Chalchiuhtlicue, as she stands at the bottom of a well, her skirt trailing into the waters that will slowly fill up the well and drown her (a method, I learned, which was actually used on some victims). She was the goddess of the ground waters and rivers and her skirt formed the rivers.

This first thumbnail's a little too passive to me, but I like the general wardrobe idea. The other angle I'm thinking of is the fact that they would collect the tears of these children before sacrificing them as well. Perhaps something a little more unnerving is in order? Though I am still curious if the children were willing, considering their deaths brought the rains, according to their religious beliefs. Perhaps they were honored before dying and didn't necessarily fight?

All things to play with on my lunch hour, which has grown increasingly too short these days!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Forsythia ACEO

Good lord, I haven't posted here in AGES. Here's just a few picks of stuff I've been working on.

This is the inked version of a miniature art card I'm currently working on for a sample demo. You can see the walkthrough from start to finish here (it's currently in progress): http://shadowscript.angelicshades.co...php?topic=91.0

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "ahem"..i believe some boobs were promised for all those who entered here?
    Been a ( long) while since you last posted some...hopefully 2009 will have new ones?

seriously though,I love the sketches and the costumes you make for your characters!

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Song of Exile Progress Images

Ahah Dude..just for that, I will purposefully make an image featuring breasts prominently. However, I DO have a big hairy muscly man to post...and here he is!

Leave a comment on Song of Exile at devianART

Walkthrough video of this one will be up at my youtube as soon as I stop being lazy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.