Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another landscape attempt!

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been around.... and looks like I have alot of catching up to do! So far what I've seen is lovely!!

I got a chance to go back and work with painter/photoshop over the past few days. I'm trying to do a wintery landscape with the Northen lights. The last time I posted a landscape I was working on you wonderful people had some great suggestions for this beginner.

anyways, here's what I have so far:

I feel there's alot missing.... but I'm having a hard time finding those aspects. There will also be some kind of vehicle in the scene as well, I just haven't gotten that far.

Thanks a bunch!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks quite intriguing to me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it! awsome colors and mood.

I see the emptiness your talking about though. While this might be fixed by the vehicle you say your gonna add, i think the environment, on it's own, lacks an interesting focal point. Which, if your idea is gonna be to make the environment the focus, is obviously no good.

I'm assuming the sky is gonna be more of a focal point then the ground so i won't say anything about the scarcity of anything other than snow and ice. However i think the way you chose to represent the northern light shape, with it being kinda vertical and only taking up roughly half the sky is kinda jarring. Your eye follows it and it leads you into the ground or off the top of the page. If you leave it this way, I would suggest using more elements from the ground (such as a tall tree) to fill in that empty sky space. Or rework the shape to stretch across the sky.

Also, i wouldn't have the arch of tree branches at the top. It's framing the image and killing the vastness of the sky that would be important to capture in a piece like this.

I'm posting some images i found that i hope illustrate the points i'm trying to make

Hope it comes out good, look forward to seeing it!!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    ...my humble and uneducated opinion.

-Nate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to work on it somemore today. Thanks for the additional photos too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking at Mute's pics and your paintings I must say you capture the aurora - northpole kind of landscape pretty closely!!! I thinkt he central right part of the picture (esp the sky part) is very empty at the moment. I think puttting more aurora would balance out the picture. Also you mentioned you would put in some vehicles, so I am going to reserve critiques for the ground area until I see you do more on this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here's what I ended up with thus far.
    I painted in my own car, as I tailored this more as a personal thing and for a website devoted to Misubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talons.

Then here's a version with a figure with the car. When I thought of this, I wanted a painting that reflected how I like to play with cars....but also awed by the power of nature. I've since thought of some ways to make that clearer....so I'll probably just let this one go with just the car in there by itself.

anyways: version with figure and car:

I really do appreicate the help!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope everyone had a nice holiday, btw!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.