Private Project Illustrations...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Private Project Illustrations...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Private Project Illustrations...

These are two pictures of more developed designs of a private project of mine running by the name of Honoris Causa

Anyways...interpretations of finished differ, so while I designate these as finished work for me. I haven't gone professional yet, so bare with me and enjoy if you can...

UESF General Infantrist in basic body armor

Orian armor, hand-to-hand configuration

As said, enjoy. Comments of any kind welcome ^^

Definition of courage: Beeing scared shitless and still going for it!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    UESF General Infantrist in basic body armor... And in standard shoot at the ground formation.

Great colours, but a bit blurry. O don't know photoshop. but maybe try harder brushes and more aggressive colouring?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpian View Post
    Great colours, but a bit blurry. O don't know photoshop. but maybe try harder brushes and more aggressive colouring?
    I actually used openCanvas 1.1 for both of them. The Orian one is a work from about half a year back...
    Granted though, I might want to get it sharper...

Definition of courage: Beeing scared shitless and still going for it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if this is concept work i'd really like to see multiple angles

And so like horses to water, the angels fell upon the land.....only bitter...only twisted...human after all...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in the first concept the shoulder guard seams rather wide and as such throws the image off balance. also in that image (and most striking to me) is the guns anatomy, its not very good, the basic shape of it shows little imagination and the brass ejection port is way of (both in position and mechanism)

the second pic looks nice and i like the idea, it has a nice solid feel to it, however like the guns in the first image the mask lacks detail and imagination and feels rather bland, its a nice starting point but it doesn't fit well with the sharp angles and flowing curves of the rest of it, both of which are defined while in the mask its a combination of the two. oh and it would harm to add more drama to the ribbons.

both nice concepts however and in order to get a better piece the key is details, scratches, bolts, textures they all make a good image into a great one, but you must be willing to put in the time =)

good luck,
    PJB21

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have to agree witth paul on the detail issues of pic 2, just a little something suggesting depth would be excellent othe than that you have good paining skills

And so like horses to water, the angels fell upon the land.....only bitter...only twisted...human after all...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinen View Post
    i have to agree witth paul on the detail issues of pic 2, just a little something suggesting depth would be excellent othe than that you have good paining skills
    stalker =P

i believe your main problem at the moment defiantly isn't your rendering skills but your linework skills. i had this problem recently, while i can render well i haven't done much linework and as such it sucked a fair bit. as suggested by Reinen (a RL friend) i should draw more using natural methods (pencil and paper kinda thing) ive been doing that recently and my drawing has revived and maybe even improved from where it was.

or the simple version, try and improve your linework by drawing more on paper, heh.

good luck in the future, as i said your rendering skills are very nice, you just need to work on your linework.

PJB21

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.